No announcement yet.

How many PAID vacation days do you get?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    Not sure what company you work for but most American companies at the very least will give you 2 weeks off paid vacation and some will do as much as 6 weeks. Americans just tend to not take those vacations. Me personally I can take up to a month give or take, but not consecutively.
    Its a big nationwide company well our parent company is and most management level like myself are discouraged for taking more than a week off because they'll bombard us with work once we get back on purpose as if to say you decided to do this so here you go!

Also even tho we are on vacation our phones are constantly ringing because of all the drama back at the fort.

This is another reason why Ive got one foot in and out the door. The corporate side is really coming down on our side unfortunately.

Comment

The most I got was 5 weeks and unlimited sick days.
      The thing is, they found that at least 65% of people didn't take all of their vacations anyways.
      You could bank up to 30 days before you couldn't accrue more, and there were people who had 30 days but still worked and wouldn't accrue.

I think if you are on projects and stuff, it gets hard for people to leave and relax. I really believe that's an American trait as I have had many other jobs where you couldn't bank days and people ate up to 10-15 days because they never took the time off.
      I think sometimes people are afriad of leaving cuz stuff will go to hell.

Companies giving two weeks are crazy. I don't believe it's good for productivity at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        The most I got was 5 weeks and unlimited sick days.
        The thing is, they found that at least 65% of people didn't take all of their vacations anyways.
        You could bank up to 30 days before you couldn't accrue more, and there were people who had 30 days but still worked and wouldn't accrue.

I think if you are on projects and stuff, it gets hard for people to leave and relax. I really believe that's an American trait as I have had many other jobs where you couldn't bank days and people ate up to 10-15 days because they never took the time off.
        I think sometimes people are afriad of leaving cuz stuff will go to hell.

Companies giving two weeks are crazy. I don't believe it's good for productivity at all.
        I totally agree bro!

This job and all my other jobs really want you to only take a week off 2 weeks at most and then they make you pay for it in terms of piling on the work load before and after the vacay to deter you.

I also was told to have my cell phone on at all times then I had to pay all kinds of roaming international charges and I brought that into accounting to be reimbursed.

Its not even a vacay when you are still getting emailed and called 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
          I totally agree bro!

This job and all my other jobs really want you to only take a week off 2 weeks at most and then they make you pay for it in terms of piling on the work load before and after the vacay to deter you.

I also was told to have my cell phone on at all times then I had to pay all kinds of roaming international charges and I brought that into accounting to be reimbursed.

Its not even a vacay when you are still getting emailed and called 24/7.
          Yeah, they are using you. Hope you find something where they respect your time and life!

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            Whhhhhhoooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaa
            $575 a pay check.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
              $575 a pay check.
              You would red K me if I told u what I pay a week

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                You would red K me if I told u what I pay a week
                I'd believe it. When I was in my mid 20's it was around maybe 50 bucks a month. Now with the way things are, smaller corporations are being screwed.

Comment

Three and a half weeks (PTO and sick pay is all one thing), and you're allowed to roll two weeks into the next year if you don't use it, but once you stock up x amount of hours, you stop accruing new ones.

When my Dad retired from Fedex after 30 years or some **** he got six weeks a year.
                  Last edited by paulf; 01-16-2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

42 days a year (including 8 bank holidays), plus an extra 5 paid special leave (use these when kids are off school sick). Also get 5 days volunteer leave but can't say I have ever used them.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                      Its a big nationwide company well our parent company is and most management level like myself are discouraged for taking more than a week off because they'll bombard us with work once we get back on purpose as if to say you decided to do this so here you go!

Also even tho we are on vacation our phones are constantly ringing because of all the drama back at the fort.

This is another reason why Ive got one foot in and out the door. The corporate side is really coming down on our side unfortunately.
                      I got a buddy who is air control, and his paid vacations are low at the moment, but he just started, and the flip side I have friends that are in fields where 2 weeks paid is minimum, while some have up to 4-6. All depends on the company you're with. If they're jerking you around, I suggest maybe seeing what else is out there, sooner or later they'll have to compete with the companies stealing their top guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X