Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Khan Press Conferences Next Week; Venue Still Not Set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thack View Post
    Absolutely , pointless ,pathetic match up .You've got one who's a current three time world champion and looking great against a fraud who has done nothing at welter-weight and who's best years were at lightweight and lightwelter where he was knocked out in both. I honestly can not see the point in this fight .Khan in his last fight against a handpicked nobody ,Sammy Vargas, was twice saved by the bell and on the deck again.

I will a watch a replay of Khan staggering around the ring or doing his involuntary dance or lying there on his back thinking this kid is going to get really hurt soon and he is!

The thing about Khan is he will never say never even if he has to kid the ref.(as he did Bayliss during Garcia mauling) but it's about much more than the will to continue and Khan simply has not got it .

Khans best result was in 2010 against Maidana where he held on in the tenth for dare life , when most ref's would have stopped it but credit to Khan he hang on for a points win but we are in 2019 now and he should be saved from himself .

Khan is going to be hit hard , timed , counted and made to look slow with Crawfords blistering attacks .If Khan runs this fight will last five to eight painfully one sided rounds if he trades it's over in four.Khan is gone and has done absolutely nothing to deserve this payday .

What Amir Khan will be remembered for is his silver meddle , decent time at light welter, weak chin and his inability to say no to paydays.Resulting in a kid walking on his heels.I'm all for boxers earning but i'm very much the same for them being allowed to spend it .

This fight is pointless and PPV ...NO WAY!
    LMFAO! This guy gets triggered every single time he see's Khan's name. Bless his cotton socks.

Brb guys just gonna go put on my favourite PPV event ever. Kell Brook vs Frankie Gavin. Now that's a legendary fight that more than deserved to be on PPV LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
      Khon won't make much more than the guarantee either. There seems to be some impression that's he's popular in UK; he isn't.
      Do you know of any other British fighter that comes back after a long lay off then in his second fight with someone half decent and not popular at all he breaks all national non PPV/subscription only viewing records? No? Didn't think so.

There always seems to be an excuse from Khan haters. Best CV of any currently active British fighter that's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        I get what you're saying but you can't knock a guy for moving up for more money and potentially bigger fights than the ones that potentially could have been good fights as fighters grew into their own.
        But none of those bigger fights involved Top Rank, everyone and their grandparents knows that Bob Arum isn't letting Crawford go anywhere, and that was doubly sure once the guarantees and the ESPN 360 deal was set.

At least with all of the belts at 140lbs, he had leverage to draw folks over (even if he had to pay up extra)

Comment

Originally posted by KingKrypton View Post
          Khanny's gonna get ya Crawford.
          Dude did you see Khans last two fights ?, and you reckon he's goner get Crawford , dream on sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            But none of those bigger fights involved Top Rank, everyone and their grandparents knows that Bob Arum isn't letting Crawford go anywhere, and that was doubly sure once the guarantees and the ESPN 360 deal was set.

At least with all of the belts at 140lbs, he had leverage to draw folks over (even if he had to pay up extra)
            The plan is a mega fight with Spence. I don't understand why he had to jump into a mega fight to justify not waiting and fighting those 140 guys. He unified...then moved up to work towards another unification. Beat the WBO champ, took a stay busy fight that also settled a grudge, now he is fighting Khan who outside of chin issues is an excellent boxer.

When the Crawford Spence fight is big enough, it will get made.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              The plan is a mega fight with Spence. I don't understand why he had to jump into a mega fight to justify not waiting and fighting those 140 guys. He unified...then moved up to work towards another unification. Beat the WBO champ, took a stay busy fight that also settled a grudge, now he is fighting Khan who outside of chin issues is an excellent boxer.

When the Crawford Spence fight is big enough, it will get made.
              Spence is having a PPV fight against Mikey and at AT&T Stadium, with a likely PPV fight against the Porter-Ugas winner in the second half of the year (Manny isn't fighting Errol Spence, and Keith Thurman will likely want one more lighter touch before going after the belts) and the Thurman PPV in the line for early 2020 (with Hurd at 154lbs viable if he moves up in the near future; Pacquiao needs big fights too).

What do you figure the split ends up being after Spence, assuming he doesn't get beat, launches at welterweight king?

Nowhere near 50/50 and a joint anything, that's for sure.

Comment

No, Crawford doesn't get credit because of the fights he's had. He beat Postol who was an alright fighter, and then clipped Indongo to win two more belts.

To here folks like you tell it, Crawford grabbed the WBO title, smashed Postol, went to Russia and starched the Russian champion for his belt, before heading back to the UK to win another world title in Scotland against a Scottish fighter, before smashing the rest of the credible fighters at 140.

He didn't.

No Broner, no Lipinets, no Mikey, no Omar Figueroa, no Prograis, etc.

Fight some folks worth fighting, and then the soft record won't be so obvious
                Lipinets. Figueroa. Lmmmaaaaaaooooooooooooooooooooo.
                Lmmmmaaaoooooooooooooooooooo.

Postol was a bigger name than them at the time.

What has Figueroa done in three years besides get a dui??? And before that beat a shot Robert Guerrero who literally came off a loss to a cab driver.

You killing us with your illogical ways.

Breakdown Crawford’s purse for us again for khan thtt u have zero inside info yet are assuming as a fact u know what Arum will Pay lmmmaaoooo

Comment

Spence is having a PPV fight against Mikey and at AT&T Stadium, with a likely PPV fight against the Porter-Ugas winner in the second half of the year (Manny isn't fighting Errol Spence, and Keith Thurman will likely want one more lighter touch before going after the belts) and the Thurman PPV in the line for early 2020 (with Hurd at 154lbs viable if he moves up in the near future; Pacquiao needs big fights too).

What do you figure the split ends up being after Spence, assuming he doesn't get beat, launches at welterweight king?

Nowhere near 50/50 and a joint anything, that's for sure.
                  I'm not sure the split. I know both fighters will take fights to raise their profile and get the WBA belt if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                    Absolutely , pointless ,pathetic match up .You've got one who's a current three time world champion and looking great against a fraud who has done nothing at welter-weight and who's best years were at lightweight and lightwelter where he was knocked out in both. I honestly can not see the point in this fight .Khan in his last fight against a handpicked nobody ,Sammy Vargas, was twice saved by the bell and on the deck again.

I will a watch a replay of Khan staggering around the ring or doing his involuntary dance or lying there on his back thinking this kid is going to get really hurt soon and he is!

The thing about Khan is he will never say never even if he has to kid the ref.(as he did Bayliss during Garcia mauling) but it's about much more than the will to continue and Khan simply has not got it .

Khans best result was in 2010 against Maidana where he held on in the tenth for dare life , when most ref's would have stopped it but credit to Khan he hang on for a points win but we are in 2019 now and he should be saved from himself .

Khan is going to be hit hard , timed , counted and made to look slow with Crawfords blistering attacks .If Khan runs this fight will last five to eight painfully one sided rounds if he trades it's over in four.Khan is gone and has done absolutely nothing to deserve this payday .

What Amir Khan will be remembered for is his silver meddle , decent time at light welter, weak chin and his inability to say no to paydays.Resulting in a kid walking on his heels.I'm all for boxers earning but i'm very much the same for them being allowed to spend it .

This fight is pointless and PPV ...NO WAY!

Why are you soooooooo jealous of Khan dude?

Did he refuse you an autograph or something?

Comment

lol the guy who danny hit with his eyes closed has more balls than him

Comment

Working...
                      X