Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPV $$$ for Bars and Restaurants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends on the venue because the Lounge I used to DJ at used to be charged PER TV for the fights (and there were about 20 TVs in the place) and most of the time they'd end up carrying the UFC's instead because it had bigger gatherings and the Cable company threw the Lounge a discounted rate to host each one for the year. That's usually why Bars will charge $15-20 at the door to cover the overhead for ordering the fight IF it's not a HUGE fight where the bar would more than make up for the cost.

Most bars in my area only show UFC these days but saw one with a DAZN / Canelo poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
      Wish I could find one within 10 or 15 miles of me showing it but no such luck.
      did you try here?

https://joehandpromotions.com/venue-search/?zip=

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        No I didn’t. Thanks for this. I got desperate and bought the fight last night. Hope it’s good.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
          stop. You are just making shiet up. It’s not 35-70 people to cover and it’s not 1000-2000 per event. It’s more than that.

It goes by the seating occupancy established by the fire code. The note seating you have the more you pay.

Here is just one example:

http://ucnlive.com/soapbox-boxings-closed-off-circuit/
          Again, this assessment is coming from secondhand information; if it's inaccurate, blame the source. (Wish I had the link at hand, tbh. The article came about, I believe, in either the run-up to Mayweather-Pacquiao or Mayweather-Alvarez, when the talk of piracy usually reaches a fever pitch)

If $2000 is wildly off, put forward a price. Assuming a 250-seat venue, what would be a better range?

Comment

All I know it's much cheaper watching it at a commercial establishment, rather than buying it at home.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
              stop. You are just making shiet up. It’s not 35-70 people to cover and it’s not 1000-2000 per event. It’s more than that.

It goes by the seating occupancy established by the fire code. The note seating you have the more you pay.

Here is just one example:

http://ucnlive.com/soapbox-boxings-closed-off-circuit/
              An anecdote, from Steve ****ing Kim, where two folks he knows states that $8000 is the number to host a boxing PPV, with no range or variation given for venue size, makes you look stupid for citing it, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                An anecdote, from Steve ****ing Kim, where two folks he knows states that $8000 is the number to host a boxing PPV, with no range or variation given for venue size, makes you look stupid for citing it, lol
                steve Kim is much more qualified than your invented calculations. Your idiotic validations include calling in more “kitchen” help for an extra 10-20 customers. U really just make it up as u go u should be embarrassed.

Steve Kim at least has a sources. He has another story where he interviews the guy that actually sells them to the bar and he said that it doesn’t by occupancy.

Remember you’re the same idiot who thought that spence’s promotional company got a piece of foreign tv rights when anyone who knows anything about Al Haymon knows that he just pays his promoters a flat fee. And that Spence’s purse is made with the foreign tv money already factored in. That’s why everyone laughs at you here.

Comment

In college I bartenders at a place that got most of the big fights but it was worth it to them. They packed the house and charged $15 just to get in. By the time the undercards were over a lot of people were on their second meals and 4-5 drinks in on average.
                  I believe they paid 2-3k per fight to show it.
                  I came home with some big tips those nights.

Comment

Working...
                  X