No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    Pickford was playing in the game! You wouldn't have been posting about Pickford if he hadn't played, let's be honest.

It genuinely comes across like you'd rather we lost and Sterling missed a sitter than we won 1-0 and Sterling scored the winner. Let it go man.
    Yes..

I would rather we lose 1-0 in what essentially was a friendly because it would give us a better draw going forward..

I just find it funny why your so shocked that Sterling gets "bullied".. he spat in the face of Liverpool.. now plays well for City but is absolute garbo for England

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      That’s what I mean. John Square and Falcow were total bums at Chelsea, our boy Carlos Sanchez is possibly one of the worst players ever seen on these shores in modern times. The Spurs boy is ok but still very raw. It’s just not a great team without James or even with him, they have a little dude who is a clever player behind the striker plays for River Plate but he’s not a big goal scorer.

None of this is to say Columbia can’t beat England. Literally anyone can beat England but even as a 2nd round draw Columbia is a sweet draw. Senegal were the best team at that group. And the carrot is another middling European nation like ourselves in a World Cup quarter final if we win.

It works both ways too. I’d imagine Columbia would prefer England to Belgium.

If it goes **** up people will try and blame Southgate but in reality he has players who have had 9 days rest by the time they play ahead of a game that could potentially last 120 minutes and what’s more in the cooler Moscow climate and in an evening game.

Forego that just because the it is perceived the Japs are a weaker team? Columbia have a similar lack of height in their team.

60/40 in England’s favour which is reflected by bookies odds.
      Yep Southgate 100% did the right thing.. saved any chance of injuries to Kane.. Lingard etc.. gave some squad players a run.. who will need to be called on if we progress (due to injuries/bookings)

Japan=Columbia for me.. either one could beat us.. but i'd favour us slightly.. i think Switzerland/Sweden is easier then either for Japan/Columbia.. Those two are the types of teams we usually beat at world cups/Euros

Then it's the semis.. which we haven't seen since 96 Euros.. it would be fcking massive

Of course the media is already setting it up if we lose.. so they can **** all over Southgate

Comment

• Portugal Croatia final. Book it

Portugal will knock off Uruguay, Argentina, and Mexico.

Croatia will somehow conquer Espana and get by the English scale. Weighed but come out victorious.

Then Croatia will leave Russia heartbroken and history will honor them well. While Portugal bring Euro and World Cup glory back to the motherland of the Iberian peninsula.

Comment

• https://www.persianup.com/entertainm...018-world-cup/

I noticed for every other world cup we dedicate some attention to the sexy *****es at the games. Gotta do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
            https://www.persianup.com/entertainm...018-world-cup/

I noticed for every other world cup we dedicate some attention to the sexy *****es at the games. Gotta do it.
            ****ing hell Iceland not only beat England Football.. but **** on the women we have too.. despite that 300k population

We have Kelly brook.. Liz Hurley and that bird who used to be on corrie and that's about it

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Portugal Croatia final. Book it

Portugal will knock off Uruguay, Argentina, and Mexico.

Croatia will somehow conquer Espana and get by the English scale. Weighed but come out victorious.

Then Croatia will leave Russia heartbroken and history will honor them well. While Portugal bring Euro and World Cup glory back to the motherland of the Iberian peninsula.
              I’ve said Portugal from the get go.

They’re boring.

They’re very hard to beat

Comment

• Portugal should beat Uruguay
                Hoping Argentina can beat France

Comment

• Portugal are bobbins, they won't beat Uruguay (who are also bobbins, but less so).

Comment

• I hope Suarez eats pepe and Ronaldo. Bite them Suarez...BITE THEM!

...but score a goal or 2 first.

Comment

• KO stage starts today with two damn good games

Argentina/France 2:1

Portugal/Uruguay 1:1 after 90 minutes, 2:1 Portugal after extra time. I think this game will be brutal and we'll get to see a lot of yellow cards and at least one red card.

Comment

Working...
                      X