if this is true wilder-fury might be a helluva card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
    you’re praying that it doesn’t pathetic weasel
    Let's bet then, if it happens I won t post for 2 months, if it doesn't then you don't post for 2 months

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      Let's bet then, if it happens I won t post for 2 months, if it doesn't then you don't post for 2 months
      Why would I do that? The odds of it happening aren’t super high. Just pathetic how you’re such a uk shill

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Closest would be Mayweather Berto card:

Roman Martinez vs Orlando Salido
        Badou Jack vs George Groves
        Vanes Martirosyan vs Ishe Smith
        That was a weak main event though and still don't think them fights bar groves/jack are as strong as the two proposed here.

Comment

Yeah, you can split those two fights. Wilder/Fury alone would need about 350k for both guys to end up with $10+ million, but maybe Al thinks putting the other two fights gets this card up to 450-500k buys? That's the only way this would work.
          I was talking about purses between those 4 guys.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Tell these youngins. Man king would have cards on ABC with like 4 legit title fights. I hope Haymon at least tries to copy that with PPV's with really stacked cards.

I remember those King cards, Ive mentioned them more than a few times here. Those PPVs were $50 if memory serves in the 90s and were worth it because they were stacked with bad asses fighting bad asses.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post

Agreed! None of the fights are PPV worthy on their own to me, but when you get Wilder vs Fury and GRJ vs Santa Cruz it makes it appealing. Tank vs Mares does not interest me that much

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                That was a weak main event though and still don't think them fights bar groves/jack are as strong as the two proposed here.
                Martinez/Salido absolutely was on the level of Mares/Davis at least. Actually it was seen as a better fight. Just think you forgot about that fight and how good it was. A lot of folks bought the PPV just for Groves/Jack and Martinez/Salido.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                  I was talking about purses between those 4 guys.
                  Right, and the only way it works getting those two fights on the UC is if the PPV ends up doing 450-500k buys. The extra 100k in buys if priced at $70 bucks will generate $3.5 million which will help pay for one of the two UC fights.

Comment

Martinez/Salido absolutely was on the level of Mares/Davis at least. Actually it was seen as a better fight. Just think you forgot about that fight and how good it was. A lot of folks bought the PPV just for Groves/Jack and Martinez/Salido.
                    yeah probably is in the level of quality but once tank and mares get the trash talk going i'd imagine there would be more hype about that then the salido fight but who knows.

Comment

Right, and the only way it works getting those two fights on the UC is if the PPV ends up doing 450-500k buys. The extra 100k in buys if priced at $70 bucks will generate $3.5 million which will help pay for one of the two UC fights.
                      If both fights are on the card it def does over 450-500k. And if they have another decent fight as the fourth fight like one of the Charlo's than it probably hits close to 750k.

Comment

Working...
                      X