Lance Pugmire (La Times): 114-114 draw
    BoxingScene: 114-114 draw
    Chris Mannix (Yahoo! Sports): 115-113 Golovkin
    Kevin Iole (Yahoo! Sports): 114-114 draw
    The Guardian: 116-112 Golovkin
    Joe DePaolo (Washington Post): 115-113 Golovkin
    Mike Coppinger (Ring Magazine): 114-114 draw
    Douglass Fischer (Ring Magazine): 114-114 draw
    Mike Baca II (Ring Magazine and Undisputed Champion Network): 115-113 Golovkin
    Al Bernstein (Showtime Sports): Golovkin won
    Sherdog.com: 116-112 Golovkin
    Jai Bednall (news.com.au): 115-113 Golovkin
    Brian Mazique (Forbes): 114-114 draw
    Adam Abramowitz (Ring Magazine and SN Boxing): 115-113 Golovkin
    Tom Craze (Bad Left Hook): 116-112 Golovkin
    Fraser Coffeen (Bloody Elbow): 115-113 Golovkin
    Anton Tabuena (Bloody Elbow): 115-113 Golovkin
    The Associated Press: 114-114 draw
    Adam Caparell (Complex Sports): 116-112 Golovkin
    Bill Simmons (HBO and The Ringer): 114-114 draw
    Steven Muehlhausen (Sporting News): 116-112 Golovkin
    Andreas Hale (Sporting News): Golovkin won
    Graham Houston (Boxing Monthly): Canelo won
    Michael Montero (MonteroOnBoxing): 115-113 Golovkin
    Matt Christie (Boxing News): 115-114 Golovkin
    George Willis (New York Post): 114-114 draw
    Gary Melo (SportsNet Canada): Golovkin won
    Below The Belt Podcast: 115-113 Golovkin
    World Boxing News: 115-113 Golovkin
    Jeff Powell (Daily Mail): 116-113 Golovkin
    Marcos Villegas (Fight Hub TV): 114-114 draw
    Michelle Rosado (Raging Babe): 115-113 Canelo
    Michelle Joy Phelps (Behind the Gloves): 115-113 Golovkin
    Lennox Lewis: Golovkin won by 2 rounds
    Fight Nights: 115-113 Golovkin
    Michael Woods (NYFights.com): two point edge for Golovkin
    Dieter Kurtenbach (San Jose Mercury News and the East Bay Times): Golovkin won by 3 rounds
    Rafael G (the Fight City): 116-112 Golovkin

34 - GGG, 2 - Canelo, 15 - Draw
    average fan scorecard (1773 fans): 116-113 Golovkin

BOXING IS CORRUPTED AND USA IS CORRUPTED !!!
    JUST **** THE SYSTEM !

Comment

• Originally posted by JULIEN44 View Post
      HERE IS THE REALITY !

Harold Lederman (HBO Sports): 116-112 Golovkin
      Brian Campbell (CBS sports): 116-112 Golovkin
      Dan Rafael (ESPN): 114-114 draw
      Stephen A. Smith (ESPN): Golovkin won
      Arash Markazi (ESPN): 114-114 draw
      Brett Okamoto (ESPN): 114-114 draw
      Teddy Atlas - Golovkin won
      Salvador Rodríguez (ESPN Mexico): 114-114 draw
      Eduardo Lamazón (Televisa): 116-112 Golovkin
      Gareth A Davies (The Telegraph): 116-112 Golovkin
      Josh Peter (USA Today): 115-113 Golovkin
      Sports Illustrated: 114-114 draw
      Dylan Hernandez (LA Times): 115-113 Golovkin
      Lance Pugmire (La Times): 114-114 draw
      BoxingScene: 114-114 draw
      Chris Mannix (Yahoo! Sports): 115-113 Golovkin
      Kevin Iole (Yahoo! Sports): 114-114 draw
      The Guardian: 116-112 Golovkin
      Joe DePaolo (Washington Post): 115-113 Golovkin
      Mike Coppinger (Ring Magazine): 114-114 draw
      Douglass Fischer (Ring Magazine): 114-114 draw
      Mike Baca II (Ring Magazine and Undisputed Champion Network): 115-113 Golovkin
      Al Bernstein (Showtime Sports): Golovkin won
      Sherdog.com: 116-112 Golovkin
      Jai Bednall (news.com.au): 115-113 Golovkin
      Brian Mazique (Forbes): 114-114 draw
      Adam Abramowitz (Ring Magazine and SN Boxing): 115-113 Golovkin
      Tom Craze (Bad Left Hook): 116-112 Golovkin
      Fraser Coffeen (Bloody Elbow): 115-113 Golovkin
      Anton Tabuena (Bloody Elbow): 115-113 Golovkin
      The Associated Press: 114-114 draw
      Adam Caparell (Complex Sports): 116-112 Golovkin
      Bill Simmons (HBO and The Ringer): 114-114 draw
      Steven Muehlhausen (Sporting News): 116-112 Golovkin
      Andreas Hale (Sporting News): Golovkin won
      Graham Houston (Boxing Monthly): Canelo won
      Michael Montero (MonteroOnBoxing): 115-113 Golovkin
      Matt Christie (Boxing News): 115-114 Golovkin
      George Willis (New York Post): 114-114 draw
      Gary Melo (SportsNet Canada): Golovkin won
      Below The Belt Podcast: 115-113 Golovkin
      World Boxing News: 115-113 Golovkin
      Jeff Powell (Daily Mail): 116-113 Golovkin
      Marcos Villegas (Fight Hub TV): 114-114 draw
      Michelle Rosado (Raging Babe): 115-113 Canelo
      Michelle Joy Phelps (Behind the Gloves): 115-113 Golovkin
      Lennox Lewis: Golovkin won by 2 rounds
      Fight Nights: 115-113 Golovkin
      Michael Woods (NYFights.com): two point edge for Golovkin
      Dieter Kurtenbach (San Jose Mercury News and the East Bay Times): Golovkin won by 3 rounds
      Rafael G (the Fight City): 116-112 Golovkin

34 - GGG, 2 - Canelo, 15 - Draw
      average fan scorecard (1773 fans): 116-113 Golovkin

BOXING IS CORRUPTED AND USA IS CORRUPTED !!!
      JUST **** THE SYSTEM !
      Your wasting your time you can't talk sense into these fanatics.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        Most LHW are stiff and predictable, much more than MW, only fight with basics.

Alvarez vs Kova looked like a caveman fight next to GGG vs Nelo.

I wouldn't be surprised if GGG stopped Alvarez and made Kova quit. Again, maybe I'm all wrong.

GGG never has been clearly beaten or dominated IMO, he has fought Jacobs, Nelo twice and a bunch or former world champ
        he's not the Arturo Gatti you're painting, his D is good, not great.

GGG never got really hit on the button, his guard is 10/10, too bad his head movements are too slow so he take damage on top of the head, forehead.

Hopkins had it easier moving up at 175, he struggled less (lost less round with Tarver and Cloud than he did versus Eastman and Taylor at 160.

My point is GGG making 160 will kill him going towards 40, he will find new power and shape moving up.
        Making weight like he does isn't an old man thing.
        Billy you are one of the posters i enjoy talking to about boxing. You make alot of sense with this. I think he needs to go to 168 and fight Zurdo. Then he could fight anyone at 175 . I think he would do well there as well.

Comment

• I wanted GGG to win this fight convincingly and I thought he pulled it off. That said, it was no robbery. Canelo deserves respect for answering his critics and fighting this one coming forward. This time, he fought with his balls as well as his brain. He was there to be hit. He answered his critics.

Yea - it's frustrating that Canelo always seems to get the benefit of the doubt on the scorecards. Yes, it's frustrating that Golden Boy waited for GGG to age before putting Canelo in the ring with him. Had they fought in June 2016, I do think GGG would have won convincingly. That's the way it goes.

I would not be surprised if either one of them lost in their next big fight (assuming it's not a rematch). Fights like this take a lot out of you. GGG is already showing his age, and Canelo may never be this motivated again. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them start sliding downward.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
            I wanted GGG to win this fight convincingly and I thought he pulled it off. That said, it was no robbery. Canelo deserves respect for answering his critics and fighting this one coming forward. This time, he fought with his balls as well as his brain. He was there to be hit. He answered his critics.

Yea - it's frustrating that Canelo always seems to get the benefit of the doubt on the scorecards. Yes, it's frustrating that Golden Boy waited for GGG to age before putting Canelo in the ring with him. Had they fought in June 2016, I do think GGG would have won convincingly. That's the way it goes.

I would not be surprised if either one of them lost in their next big fight (assuming it's not a rematch). Fights like this take a lot out of you. GGG is already showing his age, and Canelo may never be this motivated again. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them start sliding downward.
            Good post big jer. I think GGG will start slipping more. I just hope he gets a few decent wins a nd a good payday before he is done. Maybe Murata, Zurdo, and Canelo 3 then retire. Canelo is in his prime. I just hope he trasins hard every time. He will be the favorite in every fight he takes for the next couple of years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metacom View Post
              Makes even less sense for the challenger to get it.

You should weigh ring generalship, activity, most effective hits. If it's squared up and the challenger didn't do enough to beat the champ either flat out give the round a draw or give it to the champ.

The problem is very few judges will rule a round a draw.

But you got people out there that are confusing boxing with figure skating and ruling rounds in this fight on what was claimed before the fight. GGG suggested to square up and fight but he boxed, circled, with occasionally squaring up showing ring generalship. But he didn't run like Canelo in the last fight. Tree fight was in the center of the ring pretty much the whole night, with the only exception being the few times Canelo got hurt and ended up against the ropes.
              I get what you're saying but the judges don't have the same angles that most fans do watching from a TV. Fans at home have a better view and better angles than the judges scoring a fight.
              If a judge blinks or if the referee gets in the way or if a fighter's back is facing a certain judge then the judge might miss a certain punch that was crucial to the round.. And judges only get 60 seconds in between rounds to score the previous round.
              Judge's are also human and they make mistakes. Some judges favor certain Styles and even certain fighter's ... It's human nature to do that.
              We can agree to disagree and criticize and complain but it is what it is.. The outcome is over and we have a new middleweight king in the division..
              That's all there is to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                Having a draw and a loss in 2 close fights to a guy who tried to cheat you with Clembut btw both fights would piss off any of us, hence why the pulling a Broner.

That being said, he probably made 40 000 K with both fight so he shouldn't btch that far, that's probably why he came back all smile at the post press conf.
                Are you aware that clenbuterol is not a true performance enhancing drug? Or that it is in most the cattle in mexico & countless athletes who both have zero benefit to gain from it in their respective sports(such as soccer/tennis),& who had been vada tested for years beforehand,they suddenly test positive for clen when they travel to mexico for competition or a few other 3rd world countries where its rampant. Are you aware that VADA testing is so advanced it can detect a single grain of salt worth of any substance? Or that there was a tennis star who popped dirty for cocaine but later proved it was due to kissing a girl in a club(who must've been on coke) & he was cleared also because they agreed that it was only a grain of salt worth that caused a positive test. Then you have to factor in the fact that Canelo was the 1st ppv fighter to demand VADA 4 all his fights despite chavez Jr insisting they switch to a worse testing company,& that Canelo was undergoing stringent yr round VADA testing when he popped dirty 1 single time for a substance that served no benefit to him considering hes not a cattle & lacks the proper receptors to benefit from clen the way cattle do. Fighters who are cheats do what JMM & Chavez Jr did(tried avoiding vada at all cost) they don't pioneer VADA testing before it was the norm the way canelo has,& if he was dirty he wouldn't have been stupid enough to cheat in the middle of vada testing right near a fight. My final PROOF that clenbuterol is rampant in mexicos beef & that tons of athletes are popped for it despite it serving no benefit:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...is-summer.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...rticle-6167753

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
                  That division is full of 160 rejects.
                  How is it better ?
                  GGG’s a guy that lives off of power punching. He couldn’t KO Daniel Jacobs or drop Canelo, who is a small middleweight.
                  Guys at 168 won’t fear his power and he would lose to a lot of mediocre guys at that weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                    GGG’s a guy that lives off of power punching. He couldn’t KO Daniel Jacobs or drop Canelo, who is a small middleweight.
                    Guys at 168 won’t fear his power and he would lose to a lot of mediocre guys at that weight.
                    Canelo is a small middleweight who weighs way over 170 on fight night ?

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      Golovkin really needs to sit down and evaluate the sulituation......

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      ..... Two bad decisions going against him in Vegas and the fact he is getting older almost guarantees another lose. Golovkin got a draw in the first fight when he won by 4 rounds and now a lose in another fight he won. A change in venue is not likely. Don't know where he goes from here.. Probably back with Canelo which is the most lucrative fight.

how about get off his over-rated ass and fight someone with a pulse..... like he promised for the last 10 years?

there is obviously nothing to think about

can he beat those young lions or not ?

Comment

Working...
                      X