Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mosley: In Their Prime, De La Hoya Better Than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime cokehoya couldn't even beat ancient Pernell. Nosely has taken one to many to the Cabesa.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      Man it's hard to not here the gay talk round here.

25 million to have lost 4 rounds out of 12 is pretty easy to me. Maybe you would be happy to win just 4 rounds....LOL
      Floyd wins a round razor close..."it was a schooling doe, it was exactly what he wanted."
      There were enough close rounds that 4 can turn into 6 pretty easy if it's left up to the judges. Seems to me that a guy who's having such an easy time would make things a bit more emphatic and win the rounds wide.

Comment

That's EXACTLY what they are TRYING to do, take away from Floyd. They sugar coating.
        Right but you overestimate Floyd.

Floyd beats Mosley 100% any time any weight.

Oscar gave Floyd a close fight...7-5 or 8-4, but it was a retired Oscar with a new trainer. Yes at 154, Oskee picked gloves, and a smaller ring.

Nonetheless it would've been competitive if you're being honest.

I'd favor Floyd but it definitely wouldn't be a sure thing by any means

Comment

That's EXACTLY what they are TRYING to do, take away from Floyd. They sugar coating.
          Nobody can take anything away from Floyd Mayweather Jr. He talks the talk and backs it up every time he steps in the ring. Guy is a genius in the ring and knows marketing like no other. I wouldn’t ever bet against him no matter who is in there with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post

Thanks. That could explain why he destroyed Oscar in the fight fight.
            Your welcome. The 1st time they fought was in 2000 of June.

Comment

• Originally posted by spytactics View Post
              Don’t look now but you have floyd’s dlck lodged in your throat
              Another gay dude coments^. So many gays round here, no wonder you dudes catching these L's left & right....LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid X View Post
                Oscar doesn't have the ring IQ to beat Floyd.

I get people hate Floyd on this site, but no version of De La Hoya beats Floyd.

Even the Oscar that Floyd fought nearly beat Floyd as per the judges score cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  Even the Oscar that Floyd fought nearly beat Floyd as per the judges score cards.
                  He would not have 20 lbs weight advantage if they both fought prime around 135.

As I explained to your bird brain friend, the 20 lb advantages he over Floyd as opposed to him being 2lbs lighter than Manny is a massive difference, huge in terms of what you have in the ring. after fighting at 154-160 for four years not making 147 for 10 yrs,
                  The weight KILLED Oscar against Manny, dam Steve Forbes would have stopped Oscar that night, the Oscar Floyd fought being 163 instead of 147, fight night weights ! that Oscar would have beat Manny.

If Floyd had a 20lb advantage over Oscar or Oscar was 147 and drained just like against Manny, Floyd would have stopped Oscar both times.

At 135, ODH vs FMJ is a hell of a fight and I lean slightly Floyds way because he is quicker and more fluid than Oscar who is a lot more robotic, prime Floyd has the style to beat Oscar because he could out maneuver him all night.

But Oscar sure could win it he was a bad ass fighter but movement always gave him trouble because he was just a little stiff.

All the haters that fly with Oscar nearly beat him and my hero flattened Oscar, that's nothing but fanboys totally disregarding weights and conditions don't know anything about the sport, you might watch 2 guys throwing punches but you got no idea whats actually going on under the surface .

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    He would not have 20 lbs weight advantage if they both fought prime around 135.

As I explained to your bird brain friend, the 20 lb advantages he over Floyd as opposed to him being 2lbs lighter than Manny is a massive difference, huge in terms of what you have in the ring. after fighting at 154-160 for four years not making 147 for 10 yrs,
                    The weight KILLED Oscar against Manny, dam Steve Forbes would have stopped Oscar that night, the Oscar Floyd fought being 163 instead of 147, fight night weights ! that Oscar would have beat Manny.

If Floyd had a 20lb advantage over Oscar or Oscar was 147 and drained just like against Manny, Floyd would have stopped Oscar both times.

At 135, ODH vs FMJ is a hell of a fight and I lean slightly Floyds way because he is quicker and more fluid than Oscar who is a lot more robotic, prime Floyd has the style to beat Oscar because he could out maneuver him all night.

But Oscar sure could win it he was a bad ass fighter but movement always gave him trouble because he was just a little stiff.

All the haters that fly with Oscar nearly beat him and my hero flattened Oscar, that's nothing but fanboys totally disregarding weights and conditions don't know anything about the sport, you might watch 2 guys throwing punches but you got no idea whats actually going on under the surface .

What about Oscar's weight?

Man, Oscar was pretty much retired and came back for a fight with Mayorga then took off another year then fought Floyd. Now there is a HUGE disadvantage for Oscar!!!

Oscar was no longer a spring chicken either by then. He was more of a promoter than fighter.

2007-05-05 --> Floyd Mayweather Jr
                    2006-05-06 --> Ricardo Mayorga
                    2004-09-18 --> Bernard Hopkins

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      What about Oscar's weight?

Man, Oscar was pretty much retired and came back for a fight with Mayorga then took off another year then fought Floyd. Now there is a HUGE disadvantage for Oscar!!!

Oscar was no longer a spring chicken either by then. He was more of a promoter than fighter.

2007-05-05 --> Floyd Mayweather Jr
                      2006-05-06 --> Ricardo Mayorga
                      2004-09-18 --> Bernard Hopkins

Oscar was 163 in with Floyd and 147 in with Manny.

Leading up to Floyd he had two MW fights and Koed a MW going into FM , he had not been at 147 for 10 years when he fought Manny which was nearly two yrs after Floyd, ODH fought Forbes at 150 which he did not make and he looked like crap, then he was 145 against Manny.

The two versions of Oscar here is light years apart as to what has the fighter got that steps into the ring, a bull or a POW held by the Nazis for 5 yrs.

Come on you haven't got a leg to stand on, 20lbs added weight on Oscar would run Manny over.

And Floyd would stop the version of Oscar that Manny beat , and he would also stop Oscar if he had a 20 lb weight advantage over him.

Comment

Working...
                      X