Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent examples of 1st world military coups or coups stopped by the armed populace.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eubankjr View Post
    A fat guy with a gun who cant even keep his diabetes under control never mind fight a prolonged war over a skinny guy who will dig tunnels with his bare hands 18hrs a day. Gimme a break.

Most modern western people can barely run their day to day lives but are going to suddenly become a disciplined and motivated military force ?

Trained US soldiers took 10,000 rounds to get one kill in Vietnam, most of this 100mil guns will never even be picked up never mind ever hit anything.
    Ok. 10,000 rounds to get one kill in Vietnam. That makes 10,000,000,000,000 rounds for 100M people.

The thing is we don't have to become some sophisticated fighting force. If we can achieve 90 deaths per kill, we win. And that's just basing it off the 100M Americans already armed. I have to imagine some of the other 220M might want to join in the fight for their freedom from the government.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      Ok. 10,000 rounds to get one kill in Vietnam. That makes 10,000,000,000,000 rounds for 100M people.

The thing is we don't have to become some sophisticated fighting force. If we can achieve 90 deaths per kill, we win. And that's just basing it off the 100M Americans already armed. I have to imagine some of the other 220M might want to join in the fight for their freedom from the government.

What percentage of them are going to fight in any capacity ?

1% max!

The rest will be hiding in their basements with their canned caramel pudding withdrawing from social media and prozac.

Most of those that do fight will run and hide when then see what white phosphorus does to the human body.

You've seen Red Dawn a few too many times i think.

Comment

1% max!

The rest will be hiding in their basements with their canned caramel pudding withdrawing from social media and prozac.

Most of those that do fight will run and hide when then see what white phosphorus does to the human body.

We have about 21M veterans. You dont think any of them would fight? We have 750k police officers. None of them?

I don't think everyone's going to just lay down. I have to imagine that there will be those brave Americans, like the ones that took over the plane on September 11, crashing it in PA, that will stand up to the tyranny and fight to preserve our Nation.

Comment

Our biggest difference is that you rate the army higher than I do, and I rate the people higher than you. I don't think you give the people enough credit to think we wouldn't organize a resistance. There are a lot of military installations that will need to be guarded. That takes manpower. Movement of supplies and food, takes manpower. The army is going to spread itself very thin in this vast country of ours. They can't be everywhere at once.
          So if they are taking L's to US citizens they are definitely losing to China & India then is your stance? China & India got bigger armies + more people.

Comment

We have about 21M veterans. You dont think any of them would fight? We have 750k police officers. None of them?
            My assumption is most of them would be killed in the bombings.

The first day of this war probably has most regular mfers wondering what country is attacking us. Might be smart for the US military to even borrow some foreign jets to have the people that would know the difference from our jets & others jets confused too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              So if they are taking L's to US citizens they are definitely losing to China & India then is your stance? China & India got bigger armies + more people.
              Not as many armed citizens, though. 20% of the world's weapons are owned by 3% of American citizens. Getting a military W, is a lot easier than a complete takeover of the people. We'd struggle to occupy China on the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                My assumption is most of them would be killed in the bombings.

The first day of this war probably has most regular mfers wondering what country is attacking us. Might be smart for the US military to even borrow some foreign jets to have the people that would know the difference from our jets & others jets confused too.
                Now, depending on how long they can fool us with the false flag, might lead me to reassess based on the numbers on when we realize who our enemy is. If someone in the military (brass) were to defect to the people's side, that would give us a big heads up in that area.

Comment

If a heavily armed populace is a deterrent then wouldn't we expect to see some examples of coups in the 1st world countries that have strict guns laws since there are many more of them and no such deterrent exists ?

As for the nuclear weapon analogy, it isn't really apt at all because Nukes rely on the fact that the only outcome is total destruction of both sides as a deterrent.
                  The matter of whether or not first world countries are typically under the implied threat of an imminent coup, or a radicalization of the government that would require one, is a separate question.

That argument is a far more respectable and interesting one to make than the one in this thread. I would be happy to argue against that point, but let's not conflate the two.

The analogy is an extreme form as I pointed out, but it is still serviceable. The correlation is that in both instances, a would be aggressor is deterred from action that they know will prove too costly.

Comment

1% max!

You're British and don't know **** about gun's or suppressive fire.

To the other dumb ****'s in the thread. Cletus and his hunting rifle stopped a land invasion by Japs. Which by the way the TS needed Cletus and his rifle to stop that invasion too. Also the majority of the military is made up of Cletus as he protects the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
                      You're British and don't know **** about gun's or suppressive fire.

To the other dumb ****'s in the thread. Cletus and his hunting rifle stopped a land invasion by Japs. Which by the way the TS needed Cletus and his rifle to stop that invasion too. Also the majority of the military is made up of Cletus as he protects the world.
                      Didn't have to go gangsta on em Deezy. I see your point though. If they knew so much about gun's and what not why do they need American's to protect them? When they say they don't. Just point out how many American military bases which ever ****hole country they come from and ask them why. Those that can't defend themselves questioning those that can.

Comment

Working...
                      X