• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo vs GGG What Wins?

What do you see winning the fight:

Canelo's speed, counter punching, and boxing ability

Or

GGG's length, jab, and punching power

Personally I'm leaning towards Canelo in this fight. I think the speed, defense, and Canelos stocky size will nullify enough of GGG's power to prevent the 1 punch knockout.

Also I think Canelo's younger, in his prime, and getting better while Golovkin is older and seems to be sliding a little bit.

Still a close fight either way, how do you have it?
    I like Canelo's speed and counter punching
    34.48%
    I like Golovkin's length and punching power
    65.52%

Canelo has pretty good reflexes but he isn't fast in the sense that I think you mean it (handspeed and foot speed).

PLus, GGG is more skilled than Khan and Trout, 2 guys who managed to outbox Canelo at times. Add to that mroe muscle, more power and more height...I dont see how Canelo wins unless GGG gets very old, very quick.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Canelo has pretty good reflexes but he isn't fast in the sense that I think you mean it (handspeed and foot speed).

PLus, GGG is more skilled than Khan and Trout, 2 guys who managed to outbox Canelo at times. Add to that mroe muscle, more power and more height...I dont see how Canelo wins unless GGG gets very old, very quick.
      True, in terms of speed I meant more as far as combination punching.

Between the two of them I think Canelo throws more combinations than GGG and I think the judges will favor his work more than the single punches of GGG if it goes to a decision.

Comment

Canelo sitting back and waiting for Brook and Jacobs to show him what works is what wins, if he wins. Golovkin's ****** strength is why he wins, if he wins.

Comment

Canelo and GGG are my two favorite fighters. I think GGG will win because of his great left jab and his superior punching power to head and body with both hands. He also averages more punches thrown and landed per round than Canelo. Canelo has faster hands and good boxing skills and he hits hard. GGG hits harder. I think this will be a war and not a boxing contest. A slugfest favors GGG. If Canelo boxes carefully and counter punches, GGG's jab will give him much trouble.I think GGG would KO any fighter Canelo ever beat. I can't imagine Cotto or Trout going the full 12 rounds with GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

Nelo is more skilled than golovkin for sure. Golovkin has the punch. Plus khan is out his division, that don't count. Trout is also more skilled than golovkin but golovkin can pop & I don't think Trout could hold up....as for "getting very old, very quick" would just be an excuse used after the showdown in Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Canelo and GGG are my two favorite fighters. I think GGG will win because of his great left jab and his superior punching power to head and body with both hands. He also averages more punches thrown and landed per round than Canelo. Canelo has faster hands and good boxing skills and he hits hard. GGG hits harder. I think this will be a war and not a boxing contest. A slugfest favors GGG. If Canelo boxes carefully and counter punches, GGG's jab will give him much trouble.I think GGG would KO any fighter Canelo ever beat. I can't imagine Cotto or Trout going the full 12 rounds with GGG.
              How bout Lara?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Canelo sitting back and waiting for Brook and Jacobs to show him what works is what wins, if he wins. Golovkin's ****** strength is why he wins, if he wins.
                It's how I have it also, if nelo wins its on the cards & if golovkin wins its by a stoppage.

Comment

Lara would get knocked the fuc out in 4. Does not have the power to keep GGG of of him. If Angulo put him down twice. GGG cuts the ring off and knocks him out.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    Nelo is more skilled than golovkin for sure. Golovkin has the punch. Plus khan is out his division, that don't count. Trout is also more skilled than golovkin but golovkin can pop & I don't think Trout could hold up....as for "getting very old, very quick" would just be an excuse used after the showdown in Sept.
                    What do you mean khan doesnt count? It shold count even more that Canelo was geting outboxed by the smaller man.

Comment

Working...
                    X