No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith vs. Erik Skoglund WBSS Bout on September 16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RuslanChagaev View Post
    Look at my country Of course I watched his fights and I know that he is not skillful fighter. I can tell you easily, Skoglund is better than Callum's previous opponents.Which opponent of Callum Smith is better than Skoglund?

Luke Blackledge?
    Hadillah Mohoumadi?
    Rocky Fielding?
    First off Hej! my Swedish friend, didn't notice you were from Sweden cause of your name! I know a lot of Swedes and grew up around a lot of them. Luke blackledge is better than Skoglund and Fielding is 50/50. The best Swedish fighter that could win this tournament if he could make 168 would be Badou Jack. I see him beating the competition in this tournament. by the way who is the bigger name is Sweden, Jack or Skoglund? Is boxing big there?

My biggest problem with Skoglund is that he could be a better fighter but he spends so much time on instagram posting pictures of his food but he needs to do things to take his career to the next level such as get a world renowned trainer, move to the states for better sparring as well like Jack did, but it seems like he isn't leaving home and just from my look, feels like boxing is just a regular job to him. Boxing isn't a game so he needs to move to the US or UK to take his career to the next level or he could just spend the rest of his time fighting in Sweden. What do you think?
    Last edited by Hmabshir; 07-19-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
      First off Hej! my Swedish friend, didn't notice you were from Sweden cause of your name! I know a lot of Swedes and grew up around a lot of them. Luke blackledge is better than Skoglund and Fielding is 50/50. The best Swedish fighter that could win this tournament if he could make 168 would be Badou Jack. I see him beating the competition in this tournament. by the way who is the bigger name is Sweden, Jack or Skoglund? Is boxing big there?
      LOL, he's not THAT bad. I agree that Skoglund isn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm not that high on Callum Smith either.
      Last edited by TheCell8; 07-19-2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Callum Smith is a physical specimen. Seriously he's physically bigger than everyone in the tournament & he's packing dynamite. I saw a clip of him sitting in between Groves & De Gale the other day, damn!.

Comment

Great Job Eddie Hearn! you ducked Dirrell for Skug-bum then you intend to bully the 160 American Rob Brant! but you got another thing coming! did Rob Brant cry about jumping up to 168 like you did fighting Dirrell in America?!!! David Benavidez is going in! **** you Callum Smith! you are shyte!
          Last edited by 1hourRun; 07-19-2017, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post

My biggest problem with Skoglund is that he could be a better fighter but he spends so much time on instagram posting pictures of his food but he needs to do things to take his career to the next level such as get a world renowned trainer, move to the states for better sparring as well like Jack did, but it seems like he isn't leaving home and just from my look, feels like boxing is just a regular job to him. Boxing isn't a game so he needs to move to the US or UK to take his career to the next level or he could just spend the rest of his time fighting in Sweden. What do you think?
            Hej mate I think i have the same idea with you so, the best Swedish fighter(Badou Jack) could win this tournament but he move up to light heavyweight. The question you ask is really funny of course Badou Jack is 100xtime better than Erik Skoglund. There is no doubt!

Skoglund is using social media very actively. This situation leaves a negative view on people so you're right. Why share a photograph of your meal with your followers? Really i dont know it. I do not think he will move to United States because he work with Sauerland promotion. For this reason he will always remain Euro level fighter. Many boxing fans know that his abilities are already limited and he's trying to boxing with his physical capacity but is it enough? I dont think so. I am angry that some European fighters are protected by referees. Especially in Germany. He will fight one of the strongest opponents in this tournament. Can he win? Its really really hard.

I would also like to mention, mixed martial arts are more important here. It is very difficult for boxers to make progress here.

Have enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post
              Really? Can't wait for the eubank v yildirim fight. I think they blend so well stylistically it could be the fight of the opening round.
              I haven't seen Yildirim. I will have to give him a look...

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                Callum Smith is a physical specimen. Seriously he's physically bigger than everyone in the tournament & he's packing dynamite. I saw a clip of him sitting in between Groves & De Gale the other day, damn!.
                Has it altered your opinion any of how he would fare against Eubank if they were to fight, how do you see that going now?

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
                  Sep. 16 is gonna be boxing all day.

Canelo vs GGG
                  BJS vs Willie Monroe
                  Smith vs Skoglund
                  Yarde and Dubois are fighting also on the BJS undercard.
                  Yep. We are getting a "boxing all day" day every couple months lately. 2017 is nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post
                    Has it altered your opinion any of how he would fare against Eubank if they were to fight, how do you see that going now?
                    Eubank is coming up from 160 & in his fights so far hasn't shown that concussive power that Callums got. I understand why Callum's favourite. For Eubank to win he'll have to be relentless for 12 rounds & some how get inside Callums jab with out getting clipped. I do think Eubanks a very under rated Boxer he can be cute in there but it's going to be tough vs Callum. Youngest bro of a fighting family so you know he's grown up in Boxing. Getting by Groves to fight Callum is another thing.
                    Last edited by REMOVE SHARK 55; 07-20-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RuslanChagaev View Post
                      Hej mate I think i have the same idea with you so, the best Swedish fighter(Badou Jack) could win this tournament but he move up to light heavyweight. The question you ask is really funny of course Badou Jack is 100xtime better than Erik Skoglund. There is no doubt!

Skoglund is using social media very actively. This situation leaves a negative view on people so you're right. Why share a photograph of your meal with your followers? Really i dont know it. I do not think he will move to United States because he work with Sauerland promotion. For this reason he will always remain Euro level fighter. Many boxing fans know that his abilities are already limited and he's trying to boxing with his physical capacity but is it enough? I dont think so. I am angry that some European fighters are protected by referees. Especially in Germany. He will fight one of the strongest opponents in this tournament. Can he win? Its really really hard.

I would also like to mention, mixed martial arts are more important here. It is very difficult for boxers to make progress here.

Have enjoy
                      Thanks for the reply and answer. Pleasure to meet you and Swedish women are gorgeous! haha they are a special unique women but incredible.

It is very funny that Skoglund always post pictures of his food on instagram

I SENT you a little gift

Comment

Working...
                      X