Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mayweather Takes Irish Flag, McGregor Steals Floyd's Bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arturobalboa View Post
    if triple h crashes a conference with his sledgehammer i wouldn't be surprised
    ahhh!!! and it's pacquiao with the steel chair outta nowhere, but wait jeff horn just drove through the podium and is now choking out the pacman.

This is madnesss!!!!

Comment

They played their skit to a tee smiles and all and will be patting each other on the back when they take yer money hahahahahahahahahah

Comment

5.5 million buys.

Doesn't matter what you think about the fight, this is the biggest event like this ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
          lol, No doubt about It. I have been following the sport closely for many many years and never seen It quite like It Is now. It really has turned Into a scripted soap opera. It's not like years ago when Riddick Bowe legitimately punched Larry Donald In the mouth. It Is all fake now.

I mean I will watch this fight. I'm not paying for it but I will watch it. Whether on stream or at a friends house that orders it.

I understand why Mayweather is doing this. Particularly with the tax situation.

This fight just doesn't have that normal big fight hype feel.
          It feels more manufactured. It's not like a fight we get hyped for like Triple G vs Canelo or a Joshua vs Wilder fight.

It's a big event, it has that feel. But it doesn't have that big fight, big hype or real fight feel.

Well that's how I'm feeling about it.

Comment

I will be shock if this circus show get atleast 30ppv buys!

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
              All of it looked stage why did Floyd even bring the bag out if he was just going to place it by Connor.
              I was wondering this myself. He told someone to bring the bag out and then...nothing. I'm like, did I miss something?

Comment

If you just take it for what it is, a pantomime/soap opera with a mismatch at the end of it, then it's all ok. You can be entertained by it. Just don't take it seriously or as a boxing match and it's pretty entertaining stuff. Makes a change from the same old boxing week in, week out where a fighter has no character about them.

Say what you want about these 2, it's easy to see why they're the biggest names in their sports. They put the effort in to sell a fight. Other fights could learn from it, not that they have to be a clown but learning how to get the crowd emotionally involved in it one way or the other.

It's alright being a purist and hating the fight, but it's about being entertained too. Would you rather watch these two clowns going back and forth on stage, or watching Gavin McDonnell or somebody give a press conference that nobody cares about in front of 4 journalists talking about how he'll do his best and hope to get the win?

People want to be entertained. Besides, it's a one-off event, don't take it too seriously. Nobody is forced to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                  It might, but I think It will be more of a get together type of event where you end up with 15 to 20 people watching the event In one location, which will obviously keep the numbers down. I could be way off but I was thinking 2.5-3 million.
                  I don't know man. There are more casuals talking about this than Mayweather Pacquiao. On top of that a LARGE % of MMA fans are more like WWE prowrestling types that just go wild for things like this. The hardcore MMA population is intrigued as well.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                    this is so damn corny and scripted
                    Ya could very well be but id be lying if I said I didnt enjoy it and laugh multiple times

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
                      I mean I will watch this fight. I'm not paying for it but I will watch it. Whether on stream or at a friends house that orders it.

I understand why Mayweather is doing this. Particularly with the tax situation.

This fight just doesn't have that normal big fight hype feel.
                      It feels more manufactured. It's not like a fight we get hyped for like Triple G vs Canelo or a Joshua vs Wilder fight.

It's a big event, it has that feel. But it doesn't have that big fight, big hype or real fight feel.

Well that's how I'm feeling about it.
                      Your right, It doesn't. I think after watching the press conference yesterday and again today was really a complete turn off for me personally. I am sure that many others found It entertaining though.

Comment

Working...
                      X