No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank-Abraham Winner Will Join World Boxing Super Series

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
    Why didn't you mention Badou & Chudinov when I clearly did?. Froch proved you can walk through Groves.

I've explained my thoughts on Groves already you want me to write a book on this?. Then you talk about going on YouTube to watch condensed clips. You really are a clueless poster that is blinded by a natural dislike for the fighter. Comparing him to a fighter without stamina on fight night. This is the level of poster I'm meant to be debating with???. My post above is a perfectly fine explanation as to why Groves loses & why Eubank is one of the favourites for the tourney. Again I'm going to ask your hating self who after Groves in this 168 tourney has the beating of Eubank?.

I love how everyone has this high opinion of Callum over Eubank but nobody wants to explain why either. Everyone ducked the question.

Your explanation seems to be eubank should be favourite because he is "fresh" and other people think he's good, he outboxes smith and walks through groves like he has done 90% of his opponents ( which he hasn't)

I don't dislike eubank, there's elements of his game that are class. But again, he doesn't have the power to fight in the style in which he does at world level. The best boxers outbox and the biggest bangers outbang him.

Did you see how much leather froch and chudinov ate to get in on groves. They happily take a couple to get in range trading on their durability and banking on being heavier handed than their opponent, that's no Eubanks style at all, he is not a walk a man down pressure fighter. Froch didn't walk groves down in rematch as much as stalk him using a massively improved jab, adjustments made out of respect for groves power.

Groves has proven power at its level, not top, top level but decent enough, putting froch on his arse and stopping Paul smith with one shot. What makes you think eubank is willing or able to take that kind of punishment to walk him down and land his own weaker punches? Poor breakdown in my opinion.

I would also pick smith to beat him.
    Outbox him you say, at what range would he outbox him. At the end of a jab, using his footwork, trying to be elusive and pot shotting. Or his usual mid range combinations and try to out land him, essentially ending up trading with him?
    Think smith is too big and strong for eubank to fight him is normal style and don't think he's troubled my Eubanks power. You ask what people have seen in smith, at least he has proven one punch ko power at this level. If he ends up in a trading match with an inferior puncher it's a logical choice.

Also I'm picking his opponent should he get past Abraham, yildirim, to beat him. Much less skilled and polished than eubank but he is a genuine pressure fighter and can really bang, I don't think eubank carries the power to keep him off him.
    Again it's not hating, are you ten years old, I back up my picks by comparing styles and wether I end up being right or wrong it's my genuine opinion.

I've watched the full fights thanks, but the condensed clips are sufficient to prove a point that your analysis of how eubank fights and he lands his combos because opponents run away from him is pure fiction. Studentofdagame nice irony with that username.

How was I comparing him to a guy with no stamina, merely pointing out that he struggled to land on bjs until bjs gassed in the second half of the fight and lost mobility. You can't even read and interpret a post properly never mind break down a fight so I agree it's pointless we continue to debate.
    It will probably become apparent soon enough which one of is right anyway, and I'll happily hold my hands up if I'm wrong about Eubank.

I say probably because part of me still thinks if he gets past Abraham he finds a way to not enter the tournament. Have you seen the latest interview on boxing scene, he describes entering the tournament as definitely an option, hardly commital is it?

Comment

Why didn't you mention Badou & Chudinov when I clearly did?. Froch proved you can walk through Groves.

I've explained my thoughts on Groves already you want me to write a book on this?. Then you talk about going on YouTube to watch condensed clips. You really are a clueless poster that is blinded by a natural dislike for the fighter. Comparing him to a fighter without stamina on fight night. This is the level of poster I'm meant to be debating with???. My post above is a perfectly fine explanation as to why Groves loses & why Eubank is one of the favourites for the tourney. Again I'm going to ask your hating self who after Groves in this 168 tourney has the beating of Eubank?.

I love how everyone has this high opinion of Callum over Eubank but nobody wants to explain why either. Everyone ducked the question.
      Nobody is ducking your questions, it's just the simple fact that no-one wants to look even more ******ed than you by engaging in any type of rational debate. Stick to twitter, it's a more appropriate platform for children and fan boys.

Comment

Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post
        Based on what?

Not being a tw4t, genuine question.
        he has the most skill and speed out of everyone here

Comment

Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post
          Your explanation seems to be eubank should be favourite because he is "fresh" and other people think he's good, he outboxes smith and walks through groves like he has done 90% of his opponents ( which he hasn't)

I don't dislike eubank, there's elements of his game that are class. But again, he doesn't have the power to fight in the style in which he does at world level. The best boxers outbox and the biggest bangers outbang him.

Did you see how much leather froch and chudinov ate to get in on groves. They happily take a couple to get in range trading on their durability and banking on being heavier handed than their opponent, that's no Eubanks style at all, he is not a walk a man down pressure fighter. Froch didn't walk groves down in rematch as much as stalk him using a massively improved jab, adjustments made out of respect for groves power.

Groves has proven power at its level, not top, top level but decent enough, putting froch on his arse and stopping Paul smith with one shot. What makes you think eubank is willing or able to take that kind of punishment to walk him down and land his own weaker punches? Poor breakdown in my opinion.

I would also pick smith to beat him.
          Outbox him you say, at what range would he outbox him. At the end of a jab, using his footwork, trying to be elusive and pot shotting. Or his usual mid range combinations and try to out land him, essentially ending up trading with him?
          Think smith is too big and strong for eubank to fight him is normal style and don't think he's troubled my Eubanks power. You ask what people have seen in smith, at least he has proven one punch ko power at this level. If he ends up in a trading match with an inferior puncher it's a logical choice.

Also I'm picking his opponent should he get past Abraham, yildirim, to beat him. Much less skilled and polished than eubank but he is a genuine pressure fighter and can really bang, I don't think eubank carries the power to keep him off him.
          Again it's not hating, are you ten years old, I back up my picks by comparing styles and wether I end up being right or wrong it's my genuine opinion.

I've watched the full fights thanks, but the condensed clips are sufficient to prove a point that your analysis of how eubank fights and he lands his combos because opponents run away from him is pure fiction. Studentofdagame nice irony with that username.

How was I comparing him to a guy with no stamina, merely pointing out that he struggled to land on bjs until bjs gassed in the second half of the fight and lost mobility. You can't even read and interpret a post properly never mind break down a fight so I agree it's pointless we continue to debate.
          It will probably become apparent soon enough which one of is right anyway, and I'll happily hold my hands up if I'm wrong about Eubank.

I say probably because part of me still thinks if he gets past Abraham he finds a way to not enter the tournament. Have you seen the latest interview on boxing scene, he describes entering the tournament as definitely an option, hardly commital is it?
          Fair enough the tournament will decide all of this in the end. I'm sure we'll see each other in many more threads.

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
          Nobody is ducking your questions, it's just the simple fact that no-one wants to look even more ******ed than you by engaging in any type of rational debate. Stick to twitter, it's a more appropriate platform for children and fan boys.
          You added no substance to this debate, you can do one. You still didn't answer the question like Balboa above so you are a hater full stop. You have no reason to rate Callum above Eubank considering he's fought & displayed his skills against absolutely no one. You provided no reasoning at all. Twitter is also a place for casuals, you'd fit right in.

Comment

Fair enough the tournament will decide all of this in the end. I'm sure we'll see each other in many more threads.

You added no substance to this debate, you can do one. You still didn't answer the question like Balboa above so you are a hater full stop. You have no reason to rate Callum above Eubank considering he's fought & displayed his skills against absolutely no one. You provided no reasoning at all. Twitter is also a place for casuals, you'd fit right in.
            Change your user user name to studentofeubankstwitter

And stop getting so triggered.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
              Change your user user name to studentofeubankstwitter

And stop getting so triggered.
              Sorry bro I'm still angry about Ohara and I'm just subconsciously letting out via this I think. My apologies again.

Comment

Sorry bro I'm still angry about Ohara and I'm just subconsciously letting out via this I think. My apologies again.
                No need to apologies brother, this **** happens to me all the time as well!

Peace out.

Comment

What has Smith done so far to make you think he'd trouble Eubank?.
                  Beaten a similar class of opposition but at a higher weight class.

Comment

Working...
                  X