Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook: I'm in a Better Place Than Errol Spence Is, I'll Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
    What big fights at WW? Brook has had one fight against a legit WW in Porter, but I wouldn't call that a big fight. The GGG fight was a pay day fight for both and nothing more. 13 years as a pro and to only have 2 good fights in all those years says a lot. Brook is was content fighting euro bums for most of his career.
    This guys first 21 opponents had 860 combined losses.... He should be in the Guinness book of world records for that.....

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
      Lol the fella has literally 1 big fight at ww in a 13 year career. Experience Kell....we believe ya!

At this point, I think he's moreso trying to psyche himself up. We know this is the last fight you wanted to take...
      That is very true, he would have dropped his belt for the Amir khan fight if khan didn't price himself out.

Comment

Kell only took this fight because he had no other good options left. He took the GGG fight for the money. He didn't want to go to 154 to deal with Hurd, Charlo, Lubin, J rock and Lara, too many sharks. So he stayed at 147. He is in a tight spot. I will give him full credit if he beats Spence this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
          That is very true, he would have dropped his belt for the Amir khan fight if khan didn't price himself out.
          Let's be real, after Khan swerved him, Errol became his only option at a big payday.

Sure he could've moved up to 154. He would've lost his belt, and fought bigger fighters, in fights just as difficult, for a fraction of what he gets here. He's fighting Spence because it was the biggest money fight he could get...and he's going to get beat up just like in the golovkin fight.

he's selling his fans wolf tickets.

what fighter predicts he touches the canvass?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I think he meant, a better physical location. The hospital he'll be visiting after the fight is the same one he was born in. That's gotta bring him some comfort.
            I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyJ View Post
              I hope that there will be no excuses once the fight ends. I don't want to see any articles about weight drainage, fractured sockets or inexperience as a reason for the loss. I do wonder if Brook loses, will he brag on this loss also like he is doing about GGG sparring him..
              I actually disagee. I think when Brook loses he will point to the weight and inability at being able to compete at 147 any more and be totally correct. He'll move on and not fight at 147 again, but pointing out what we all already know (that he'll be weak at 147) won't be an an excuse....just identifying correctly why he couldn't compete.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyJ View Post
                I hope that there will be no excuses once the fight ends. I don't want to see any articles about weight drainage, fractured sockets or inexperience as a reason for the loss. I do wonder if Brook loses, will he brag on this loss also like he is doing about GGG sparring him..
                Yea but is not a damaged eye socket a reason one can lose? I mean it's not as if damaging your eye socket increases your chances of winning. And fighters who go up in weight come back down are sometimes never the same like Roy Jones Jr.

If Brook loses because of a fractured eye socket or looks way more tired than usual, then yes we can assume these as reasons for the loss. At the same time, if he just gets schooled, than no they had nothing to do with his loss. So whether or not these are reasons for his loss will depend on how he loses.

I never understand why some fans pretend that two fighters are fighting on a perfectly even field with no injuries or disadvantages coming in to the fight and that any acknowledgement of such is just an excuse. If a fighter comes in to a fight with an injury that hasn't fully recovered, yes that injury could be the reason for his loss. But it depends.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate keeper View Post
                  Yea but is not a damaged eye socket a reason one can lose? I mean it's not as if damaging your eye socket increases your chances of winning. And fighters who go up in weight come back down are sometimes never the same like Roy Jones Jr.

If Brook loses because of a fractured eye socket or looks way more tired than usual, then yes we can assume these as reasons for the loss. At the same time, if he just gets schooled, than no they had nothing to do with his loss. So whether or not these are reasons for his loss will depend on how he loses.

I never understand why some fans pretend that two fighters are fighting on a perfectly even field with no injuries or disadvantages coming in to the fight and that any acknowledgement of such is just an excuse. If a fighter comes in to a fight with an injury that hasn't fully recovered, yes that injury could be the reason for his loss. But it depends.
                  Let me clarify this for you. There is NO VERSION of Brook that beats Spence.

So eye sockets, weight drain, whatever excuse yawl come up with is irrelevant to us Spence fans, because we already know that aint no version of Brook that beats Spence.

Also, Brook made the decision to fight GGG on his own. Remember that Spence even told Brook in an interview to cancel the GGG fight and fight him instead, and Brook took the GGG fight knowing already that Spence was coming up as his mandatory. Add to that that we all know the real reason he won't move up to 154lbs, coz Charlo, Hurd, Lara, and Lubin will put an asswhooping on him.

There's no way out for Brook, Brook saw the walls closing in on him and ran towards GGG so that he can have a 'legit' reason for losing his upcoming fights (GGG fight included). Some of us boxing fans who aren't on Brook's nuts find it to be too much of a coincidence that Brook ran all of a sudden started complaining about weight and moving up as soon as the IBF finally gave him a live mandatory.

All this nonsense started when the IBF issued a title eliminator for Spence.

Comment

It really shocks me people think this fight is ending in a KO. I think either way it's going to be a beat down.
                    Both men are too big and strong to be Ko'd. I favor Brooks experience and he has worked like a fanatic for this fight.
                    He is a obsessed type of guy. Extremely dedicated. I just hope he boxes with his brain too. He fought really stupid against GGG. He could of easily out boxed him. Kind of like how Mayweather plays with bigger men.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                      Let me clarify this for you. There is NO VERSION of Brook that beats Spence.

So eye sockets, weight drain, whatever excuse yawl come up with is irrelevant to us Spence fans, because we already know that aint no version of Brook that beats Spence.

Also, Brook made the decision to fight GGG on his own. Remember that Spence even told Brook in an interview to cancel the GGG fight and fight him instead, and Brook took the GGG fight knowing already that Spence was coming up as his mandatory. Add to that that we all know the real reason he won't move up to 154lbs, coz Charlo, Hurd, Lara, and Lubin will put an asswhooping on him.

There's no way out for Brook, Brook saw the walls closing in on him and ran towards GGG so that he can have a 'legit' reason for losing his upcoming fights (GGG fight included). Some of us boxing fans who aren't on Brook's nuts find it to be too much of a coincidence that Brook ran all of a sudden started complaining about weight and moving up as soon as the IBF finally gave him a live mandatory.

All this nonsense started when the IBF issued a title eliminator for Spence.
                      very good threads...but what if brook win the fight?what will you say?

Comment

Working...
                      X