No announcement yet.

Bellew has more than solidified his place over Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
    Did I slip into another reality? What the fck?
    Look man, I just don't understand how Bellew can't get credit for beating even a shot version of Haye when Calzaghe gets lauded for beating a shot version of Eubank that took the fight on 2 weeks notice & had to drop from 187 to 168. Same thing goes for beating Jeff Lacy, going to cruiser & beating guys like Makabu isn't more impressive? Kessler too, just a single quality win over Froch his entire career, dismantled by a very young Ward with ease.

Calzaghe's resume is very very very thin.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      People never want to explore ideas, people think they got boxing figured out when they don't, nobody does. They do exactly this, turn their heads, they don't want to actually THINK.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        bellew is now an atg

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          People never want to explore ideas, people think they got boxing figured out when they don't, nobody does. They do exactly this, turn their heads, they don't want to actually THINK.
          I'm just saying, bruh. I don't think two wins over Gimpy Haye is going to push him over Calz.

I mean you could even twist it to a win over gimpy Haye and a win over returning from injury Haye. That's probably the best we can do. I still doesn't matter much, bro.

Comment

Bellew has done all the right things. He has avenged most of his losses and draws. Should work hard and keep training as he still seems like he will struggle against any A class fighter

Comment

Eubank took that fight on 2 weeks notice, dropping from 187 to 168. Some how that is better than a win over David Haye? But people are calling me the troll, people are saying I'm silly?
              a) That's only 1 small part of my argument and Calzaghe's overall body of work.
              b) Caveats or not, Eubank>>>Haye. It doesn't matter when Eubank fought, he was always tough, durable and solid... and was clearly still in great condition/shape. Haye isn't.... and hasn't ever been (tough, durable and solid). Prime for prime Eubank is streets ahead of Haye.... and non-prime for non-prime Eubank is still streets ahead of Haye. Haye can't get through a fight without either his body breaking down, or his chin cracking.... he isn't durable.
              c) Even if one was to concede that this win is somehow better than the Eubank win... Calzaghe's body of work is still far greater than Bellew's.... I like Bellew... I was backing him all the way in both fights with Haye.... but you're deluded..... Bellew has 1 world title that was a vacant belt won by beating a nobody.... and a couple of wins over an old (and always overrated) Haye.
              Calzaghe's wins over Kessler and Hopkins are way beyond anything that Bellew can lay claim to (and he would admit that himself).... plus wins over (also an overrated) Lacy.... Woodhall etc.... and it's not even close.
              Surely the fact nobody agrees with you and thinks you're actually delusional.... should probably show you that you're someway off of the mark with this one.

Comment

Next thread will compare Ray Mercer and Tony Tubbs.

Comment

Oh I'm thinking... That you're a ****in 🤡

Calzaghe would annihilate Bellew at 175.

Comment

Look man, I just don't understand how Bellew can't get credit for beating even a shot version of Haye when Calzaghe gets lauded for beating a shot version of Eubank that took the fight on 2 weeks notice & had to drop from 187 to 168. Same thing goes for beating Jeff Lacy, going to cruiser & beating guys like Makabu isn't more impressive? Kessler too, just a single quality win over Froch his entire career, dismantled by a very young Ward with ease.

Calzaghe's resume is very very very thin.
                    Calzaghe fought Lacy at super

Comment

From a poster who swears Joshua, Wilder, Parker and Ortiz are the best heavyweights ever I really can't sauna i expect anything different from this.

Comment

Working...
                      X