Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury Would Take Joshua Fight Right Away, Says Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by el*** View Post
    Hughie Fury, the slimmer, less popular Fury. He is like a chinese knock off of Tyson Fury.
    You forgot 'uglier' too, not that it's really relevant or that I care about another man's looks, but his appearance is....grotesque.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
      I think Hughie would look very good against AJ. He's probably the most skilled boxer in the division right now. He's not going to get a shot for about 2 years though. They need to keep him busy.
      Ashphalt driveway paving is a very competitive business, not sure there's much work for him atm

Comment

He's been offered the fight a few times over the years I think pre AJ getting a belt. Peter always said it wasn't enough cash. It would be a horrible fight to watch.

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Hughie Fury (21-1, 11 KOs) is inching up the IBF's heavyweight rankings. Last September in Manchester, Fury challenged Joseph Parker for the WBO heavyweight title - and lost a twelve round majority decision. He made his return to the ring in May and secured an impressive fifth round stoppage of Sam Sexton to capture the British heavyweight title in Bolton.
        [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          I think Hughie would look very good against AJ. He's probably the most skilled boxer in the division right now. He's not going to get a shot for about 2 years though. They need to keep him busy.
          Think he’d get destroyed personally. He doesn’t have the power to worry Joshua so Joshua would just walk him down and trap him. Joshua wouldn’t make the same mistake Parker made in smothering all his own work and no way would Hughie be able to take Joshua’s Arsenal.

Comment

Slow robot AJ would be much worse than parker at chasing hughie fury around the ring.

No one wants to see that. I'll be surprised if any top 20 gets in the ring with him ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
              Think he’d get destroyed personally. He doesn’t have the power to worry Joshua so Joshua would just walk him down and trap him. Joshua wouldn’t make the same mistake Parker made in smothering all his own work and no way would Hughie be able to take Joshua’s Arsenal.

Well he showed power against Sexton with the counter punch. Speed kills.

Ok, it's Sexton but the point is his power is developing. To the point that Joshua will be worried? Perhaps not. But if he gets hit with a couple of hard counters he don't see coming then he would be stupid to try and walk him down as anything can happen at heavyweight.

Comment

Id like this fight. I've known about hughie for a long time yet AJ is champ? I've only known about Josh since 2012.
                I've seen hughie pro debut and it was before 2012 yet aj is champ first?

Comment

Bum Hughie run away 12 rounds. Who would pay to watch this boring gypsy?

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                    He's been offered the fight a few times over the years I think pre AJ getting a belt. Peter always said it wasn't enough cash. It would be a horrible fight to watch.
                    Correct. Unless he drastically improves in the next few years (not impossible) he isn't beating AJ

Comment

Hughie isn't anywhere near ready for a shot vs Joshua and they know it. It's easy to call out a fighter when you know they have their dance card full. He's not even on Joshua's radar at the moment with 2 possible Wilder fights, a mandatory vs Povetkin and his cousin Tyson.

But Hughie has time, he's still very young being only 23, he's yet to peak for a few years yet. Plus the huge ratings he got for his last fight suggest he's only just now becoming more popular after losing to Parker so give it time to mature and build his following and his time will come.

Comment

Working...
                      X