Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: Is $12.5 Million a Great or Lowball Offer
Great. (Take it or Leave it) 105 47.51%
Lowball. 116 52.49%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2018, 01:47 PM #51
STRAPMEUP

Quoted: 11161 Post(s)
BufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 369,773,835,685,409,152.00
Total Points: 10,469,774,058,246,748,160.00
........one more - King- enjoy,bro - King- good post. here take some strudel - King- A Triple G licensed vibrator for your ass lmao!! - Golovkin #TMT - sugarsmosley 
punk ass hoe - Bardock one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. U are f*****g **** b**** - King_ you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. Solid Poster!!! - Box-Office 
your gay love for Floyd - Freedom. Happy Kwanzaa - Freedom. Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Here ya go cunt - krazyn8tive No harsh feelings ;) - Slick Slayer 
Cheers! And my bad lol - Slick Slayer thanks for the stream - Santa_ fake german troll - Weltschmerz trolling twat - Weltschmerz wannabe German - Weltschmerz 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
This is the exact same PR ***** De La Hoya tried to pull when negotiating Canelo-GGG, the fools will buy into this though...🤣🤣
Yup the gennady groupies who complained when Oscar offered a flat fee will say this is a great offer
BufordTannen is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-10-2018, 01:48 PM #52
Enemy of the State

Quoted: 12632 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 913,527,712,212,794,240.00
Total Points: 913,527,726,413,163,392.00
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
Was Pacquiao offered 6x his highest payday? This isn't the same at all. For it to be comparable Joshua would have to offer Wilder $4 mil.
Why does the amount have to be the same multiple for us to compare the situation? That is ridiculous.

The situations are comparable because both Wilder and Manny got offered what is below market and not fair, based on the amount the fight is expected to gross.

If PensionKiller was against Manny taking that offer because it didn't represent a fair portion of expected gross, he should say the same thing here since Wilder's take also isn't a fair portion of the expected gross.

He is extremely hypocritical. if you disagree, so be it. Either way its not worth derailing the thread over.
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:48 PM #53
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1550 Post(s)
TheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,000,000,010,101,003,911,168.00
Ball point pen..lol - Nomadic No Message - anthonydavid11 Here is a tasty American Cheeseburger - JimRaynor 

It's a lot of money but it should be done in %.

If it's true, i remember Hearn and Arum both saying Golden Boy were trying to get out of the fight with GGG by offering a flat fee, saying the business doesn't work that way and they did it knowing that nobody is going to negotiate with %'s.

I doubt it's true anyway but who knows.
TheBigLug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:49 PM #54
Enemy of the State

Quoted: 12632 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 913,527,712,212,794,240.00
Total Points: 913,527,726,413,163,392.00
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
This is the exact same PR ***** De La Hoya tried to pull when negotiating Canelo-GGG, the fools will buy into this though...🤣🤣
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTannen View Post
Yup the gennady groupies who complained when Oscar offered a flat fee will say this is a great offer
This is a good point.
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:49 PM #55
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Holler has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 140,024,141,919,195.19
Total Points: 161,436,454,332,949.06

If the fight is going to us PPV I think it would be smarter and fairer to have wilder on a percentage. That way he'll bust a gut to sell it and hopefully drive up the revenue for everyone. Wilder isn't the commercial force AJ is, but he deserves some respect nonetheless. The flat fee aspect seems excessively hardball to me.
Holler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:50 PM #56
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3602 Post(s)
chrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,000,000,100,010,993,647,616.00
Great post - anthonydavid11 LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples 
LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples For your mom - desktop 0 
For your pops - desktop 0 For your mouth - desktop 0 For your vagina - desktop 0 For you loose @sshole - desktop 0 Good poster - Chrismart 
So true... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggamuffin View Post
Flat fees don't work in boxing. Joshua is not the hvw champion. I trust that Haymon will get Wilder a good deal.
So who is the heavyweight champion?

Wilder has won two less titles, two less unification fights and defeated 2 less world champions.

Don't give me this crap about how the WBC is the "only title" because I doubt Javier Castieljo was the 154-pound champ and Trinidad was nothing but in 2000 or Adonis Stevenson was the 175-champ and Ward-Kovalev was for paper titles.
chrisJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:50 PM #57
Boxing

Quoted: 15896 Post(s)
Robbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 71,520,920,082,634,225,221,632.00
Total Points: 71,520,920,082,634,225,221,632.00
Good poster - Have a drink - arraamis Keep owning these trolls! - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Dunn View Post
Why does the amount have to be the same multiple for us to compare the situation? That is ridiculous.

The situations are comparable because both Wilder and Manny got offered what is below market and not fair, based on the amount the fight is expected to gross.

If PensionKiller was against Manny taking that offer because it didn't represent a fair portion of expected gross, he should say the same thing here since Wilder's take also isn't a fair portion of the expected gross.

He is extremely hypocritical. if you disagree, so be it. Either way its not worth derailing the thread over.
You're insane if you think offering a fighter 6x than they've ever made isn't fair.
Robbie Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:51 PM #58
Scarface

Quoted: 4761 Post(s)
*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,159,867,571,911,793,836,032.00
Total Points: 4,333,867,571,911,794,360,320.00
Happy Easter, man. Hope you have an awesome weekend. - DionysusX happy father's day - DionysusX You're a pu.ssyslayer. Much respect. - punchr So true... - anthonydavid11 You a good sport:fing02: - -jose- 
Great poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 much respect big brother - punchr :beerchug: - -jose- good for your stinking azz.   :rofl: - Kuyukut 
your azz is too loose so i bought you another one - Kuyukut another one, bud! - Kuyukut one more? - Kuyukut damn, more...? - Kuyukut you ask for it - Kuyukut 
for your wife - Kuyukut ok, ok, for your nose!   :rofl: - Kuyukut this one for your right nostril - Kuyukut for your ear - Kuyukut Because the heart was way too gay. Everything'll be okay, dude. - P.K Dionysus 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boksfan View Post
LOL imagine Hearn talking to Wilder, offering him 12.5 mil and Wilder out of the sudden screaming on top of his lungs: 10 MILLION OR NO FIGHT!
This is it haha

Hearn should offer the 12mil or a mystery box with flashing lights and shlt

Wilder would take the box
*TonyMontana* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:55 PM #59
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2353 Post(s)
Raggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,136,344.03
nobody likes you - %100 nobody likes you - %100 How does a d1ckhead like you not have a closet of d1cks - %100 Biggest d1ckhead in NSB - %100 here you girl little girl - %100 
you deserve a kick - %100 you deserve another kick - %100 and another - %100 left kick - %100 right kick - %100 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder Keep fighting them trolls....LOL - Tony Trick-Pony Fuck Eddie Hearn - -_- Good posts exposing Eddie the snake - -_- Have a slice you've earned it exposing Eddie the snake - -_- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisJS View Post
So who is the heavyweight champion?

Wilder has won two less titles, two less unification fights and defeated 2 less world champions.

Don't give me this crap about how the WBC is the "only title" because I doubt Javier Castieljo was the 154-pound champ and Trinidad was nothing but in 2000 or Adonis Stevenson was the 175-champ and Ward-Kovalev was for paper titles.
Their fight will decide who the champ is. Joshua isn't the hvw champion and that's a fact. Bogus titles are and will always be bogus titles. Lineal champions are always champions over other guys who hold trinkets. Castillejo and Stevenson I believe were and are lineal champions.
Raggamuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:55 PM #60
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,000,020,000,002,092,826,624.00
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 

Lets break it down shall we?

12.5 Million after taxes we get around 6 million, but just for the sake of devil's advocate lets say Wilder manages to clear

8million

After paying all the people he needs to trainers, gym people, etc

Lets put him at 7 million.

I guess the real question is does 7 million do enough for him when this might be his biggest fight? Is the risk worth it?

If you are Wilder would you rather fight two more guys and take home a few million and let this fight build...Or do you just go for it and hope you do well enough?

If it was me I would have a rematch clause and take this, or a similar offer.

Regarding percentage versus flat fee: Keep in mind that Wilder is a boxer and not a salesman. I don't see guys promoting fights very well these days frankly. Do I want to risk flat sales? I don't know it would depend on what the numbers tell me.

Yes Oscar was being slick with Canelo but Canelo has always had a very large and loyal following. I don't know how much activity Joshua generates by comparison.

Last edited by billeau2; 04-10-2018 at 02:00 PM.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
$12.5m, eddie, flat., hearn, offers, wilder

User Tag List