No announcement yet.

Showtime Wilder vs Breazeale draws 791K viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Gary Russell drew just 505K viewers. Oddly enough more people turned in AFTER his fight and BEFORE Wilder fight.

The almost 30Mins that Showtime stalled time before the Wilder fight drew 549K viewers. More people tuned in for that filler time then Russell's fight.
    Not odd at all. People were probably doing what I was doing, switching between the fight and the game. I switched in the intermission between the Russell fight and the main event. But that was also when the Warriors made their run. So i stuck with the game. Unfortunately, by the time I switched back the fight was over. I imagine this is what happened for many. Bad planning by Showtime on this. The should have delayed the fights

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      nobody know wilder or care doe

but DAZN offered him 100 mil n he turned it down also doe!

most networks are in the business of offering guys 100 mil deals when nobody know them or care about them! LOL
      Like I’ve said to you so many times what’s someone is actually worth and what someone is offered isn’t the same thing. If you think someone who draws 800k views (not ppv buys) is worth 100m than more fool you. You know this isn’t good but instead of being honest you’ll try and spin it lmao.

Comment

im guessing it sold 5 actual tickets and they gave away the rest too right?!?! lol

keep acting/talking like wilder is going away and nobody cares about him.....every time out hes raising his profile

I had like 3 guys at work, who aren't even boxing fans, come up to me Monday and ask me if I watched the fight...."I saw some guys post the knockout on facebook" they all told me....wilder is trending....no matter what his ratings did Saturday

hes such a nobody that everyones favorite app supposedly offered him 100 mil for a few fights....but nobody care doe! ive never seen a bigger bunch of clowns
        Trending isn't enough though. He was trending after Tyson Fury got up undertaker style but it still hasn't translated into views for the network.

Comment

im guessing it sold 5 actual tickets and they gave away the rest too right?!?! lol

keep acting/talking like wilder is going away and nobody cares about him.....every time out hes raising his profile

I had like 3 guys at work, who aren't even boxing fans, come up to me Monday and ask me if I watched the fight...."I saw some guys post the knockout on facebook" they all told me....wilder is trending....no matter what his ratings did Saturday

hes such a nobody that everyones favorite app supposedly offered him 100 mil for a few fights....but nobody care doe! ive never seen a bigger bunch of clowns
          why are u getting so emotional? Read bro it won’t effect your paycheck.

It’s great a few guys at your work talked about the KO. It would have been greater if they had actually tuned in and watched the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
            Ouch, not good for Espinoza. It seems people are happy to wait and watch the highlight reel knockout when its shared on social media.
            You all been saying this since he signed Floyd. Espinoza job doesn’t just revolve around boxing he does many other things. It may be bad for Showtime boxing though

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
              Like I’ve said to you so many times what’s someone is actually worth and what someone is offered isn’t the same thing. If you think someone who draws 800k views (not ppv buys) is worth 100m than more fool you. You know this isn’t good but instead of being honest you’ll try and spin it lmao.
              oh im being 100 percent honest

so heres more honesty...DAZN isn't in the charity business.....and all you have to do is be worth x amount to one network...just like if you are a free agent in baseball, football, basketball or "futbol"...you only have to be worth x amount to one team to be worth it...some will claim someone was overpaid....other times people will claim it was a bargain rate....doesn't matter

DAZN felt wilder is worth something....a lot more than hearn did....and those numbers suggest people know who wilder is and he brings something to an AJ fight.....to suggest otherwise is being ignorant...but most hearn/aj nut guzzlers are ignorant....so it doesn't surprise me

wilders profile steadily builds each time out...even if his fight did subpar numbers he generated huge buzz with the KO...everyone was talking about it on sunday...people who don't even follow the sport were checking it out

you are a dunce

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                Not odd at all. People were probably doing what I was doing, switching between the fight and the game. I switched in the intermission between the Russell fight and the main event. But that was also when the Warriors made their run. So i stuck with the game. Unfortunately, by the time I switched back the fight was over. I imagine this is what happened for many. Bad planning by Showtime on this. The should have delayed the fights
                u do know by switching back and forth that showtime is getting you as part of their rating. People make these excuses by rarely is there a night when boxing isn’t going to have competition from other fights, ufc, nba, mlb, college football.

The bottom line is more people were interested in an nba playoff games with a huge favorite than a boxing match that was a mismatch on paper and proved to be one in the ring.

After all those rounds wilder did on espn to publicize the fight the numbers can’t be considered anything other than disappointing.

Comment

And yet millions of people view his fights on illegal streams or social media.

If he got only 1 dollar from every viewer, he'd be rich beyond his wildest dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    why are u getting so emotional? Read bro it won’t effect your paycheck.

It’s great a few guys at your work talked about the KO. It would have been greater if they had actually tuned in and watched the fight.
                    lol@ me getting "emotional"...that's a clown line always used when you have nothing to say of value....you've created a fake backstory about me that im literally getting upset when im sitting at my keyboard cool as can be typing away effortlessly....

like I mentioned...they don't even follow the sport...a buzz is a buzz....they still saw it...wilder was trending sunday morning and people were watching the highlight reel ko all day.....even doing subpar numbers wilder was still buzzing and raising his profile

some of you just cant accept that wilder isn't going to disappear lol

Comment

PBC once again refused to release the live gate figures from this weekend. But MMA Payout was able to find out the live gate figures from the last PBC fight with Hurd. More then half the attendance they announced were given free tickets.

http://mmapayout.com/2019/05/pbc-on-...y-in-virginia/

MMA Payout has obtained from the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation the attendance, gate and payouts from the PBC on Fox event at the Eaglebank Arena in Fairfax.

The main card which aired on Fox and took place at the Eaglebank Arena in Fairfax drew a gate of $283,941.25 with 6,713 in attendance. Of the attendance, 2,850 paid while there were 3,863 comps. Of the tickets sold, 675 were purchased via discount.

Comment

Working...
                      X