Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2019, 12:50 AM #41
KTFOKING KTFOKING is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 8,134
Quoted: 5214 Post(s)
Rep Power: 18
KTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 209,055.18
Bank: 3,212.61
Total Points: 212,267.79
Default




$45 million huh? Idec said PBC is offering more money for the first fight. So let's say DAZN is offering him 30M for Canelo, what the hell is the PBC offering for the first fight that will be kind of a tune up fight? That is just a bad investment there. In that case, you better be sure Charlo could beat GGG to help his stardom or else...........

GGG is getting paid either way, especially with the DAZN deal. Get your money and ride off to the sunset!
KTFOKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-31-2019, 12:58 AM #42
ramses07 ramses07 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,297
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
ramses07 has a reputation beyond reputeramses07 has a reputation beyond reputeramses07 has a reputation beyond reputeramses07 has a reputation beyond reputeramses07 has a reputation beyond reputeramses07 has a reputation beyond reputeramses07 has a reputation beyond reputeramses07 has a reputation beyond reputeramses07 has a reputation beyond reputeramses07 has a reputation beyond reputeramses07 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 12,357.20
Bank: 1,322.21
Total Points: 13,679.41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape up View Post
That was my point, canelo went into sprint mode but ggg only ended up with a draw, lara goes into sprint mode and canelo fangirls say he won clearly, hypocracy at its finest

bro, canelo literally spent half the fight on the ropes with GGG,

Lara did not
ramses07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:59 AM #43
WallabeeKing WallabeeKing is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,112
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6
WallabeeKing has a reputation beyond reputeWallabeeKing has a reputation beyond reputeWallabeeKing has a reputation beyond reputeWallabeeKing has a reputation beyond reputeWallabeeKing has a reputation beyond reputeWallabeeKing has a reputation beyond reputeWallabeeKing has a reputation beyond reputeWallabeeKing has a reputation beyond reputeWallabeeKing has a reputation beyond reputeWallabeeKing has a reputation beyond reputeWallabeeKing has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 18,347.65
Bank: 1,765.76
Total Points: 20,113.41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFan View Post
GGG doesn't have Korobov's defensive movements. Not even close.
True, but if he gets caught cleanly with just a third of the shots Korobov landed, it's a wrap.

But my original point was I think PBC are over playing how big of a fight this is. When the Korobov fight happened, people in my circle who don't even follow boxing like we do, kept going on and on about how they thought Korobov won.

If they try to make it a PPV I think it will be a hard sell. Since PPV is basically a reel to draw in the casual/Joe public fan in and plenty of the public thought Charlo got schooled.
WallabeeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:05 AM #44
BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat is online now
The Champ
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,504
Quoted: 4238 Post(s)
Rep Power: 30
BoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 7,577.85
Bank: 809,032.57
Total Points: 816,610.42
Appreciate it brah! - $BloodyNate$ Have some drank on me! - $BloodyNate$ Since you love Floyds dlck so much here is a replica of it.  It's small but you already know this lmao. - apples Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 Cheers! - anthonydavid11 
War Tank! - Santa_ Clueless troll, that &quot;knows&quot; everything - Ogecca MaMa Cheers, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony red k champ - Ogecca MaMa simply hater - Ogecca MaMa 
No Message - MinuteMaid5 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallabeeKing View Post
True, but if he gets caught cleanly with just a third of the shots Korobov landed, it's a wrap.

But my original point was I think PBC are over playing how big of a fight this is. When the Korobov fight happened, people in my circle who don't even follow boxing like we do, kept going on and on about how they thought Korobov won.

If they try to make it a PPV I think it will be a hard sell. Since PPV is basically a reel to draw in the casual/Joe public fan in and plenty of the public thought Charlo got schooled.
I'm actually all the way with almost everything you are saying, but I'd go with Charlo if the Golovkin fight ever happened.
BoxingIsGreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:16 AM #45
Shape up Shape up is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: The great land
Posts: 2,706
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Shape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 21,466.23
Bank: 1,289.64
Total Points: 22,755.87
Top Rated Poster - ironmt Kicking Ass - ironmt 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowballer View Post
Except that Canelo outlanded GGG in power punches anfmd reduced GGG the KO machine to a jabber.

Not only that but unlike the Lara fight where Canelo mostly landed thunderous power punches to the body, GGGs body attack was non existent.

So nothing like the Lara fight. I hope you understand.
Oh, so you must have been part of the 4% of fan girls that scored it for Canelo, now I understand, seek medical help and stay on your meds
Shape up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:21 AM #46
Shape up Shape up is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: The great land
Posts: 2,706
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Shape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 21,466.23
Bank: 1,289.64
Total Points: 22,755.87
Top Rated Poster - ironmt Kicking Ass - ironmt 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses07 View Post
bro, canelo literally spent half the fight on the ropes with GGG,

Lara did not
He only stayed still on the ropes on the odd occasion, he was sliding along the ropes, hence everybody saying GGG couldn't cut off the ring
Shape up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:27 AM #47
Shape up Shape up is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: The great land
Posts: 2,706
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Shape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 21,466.23
Bank: 1,289.64
Total Points: 22,755.87
Top Rated Poster - ironmt Kicking Ass - ironmt 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowballer View Post
Except that Canelo outlanded GGG in power punches anfmd reduced GGG the KO machine to a jabber.

Not only that but unlike the Lara fight where Canelo mostly landed thunderous power punches to the body, GGGs body attack was non existent.

So nothing like the Lara fight. I hope you understand.
So he landed 4 more power shot but 53 less jabs and you said learn how to score fights, go to bed junior without any dinner
Shape up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:27 AM #48
Snowballer Snowballer is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 265
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Snowballer is infamous around these partsSnowballer is infamous around these partsSnowballer is infamous around these partsSnowballer is infamous around these partsSnowballer is infamous around these partsSnowballer is infamous around these partsSnowballer is infamous around these partsSnowballer is infamous around these partsSnowballer is infamous around these partsSnowballer is infamous around these partsSnowballer is infamous around these parts
Points: 11,079.82
Bank: 1,196.68
Total Points: 12,276.50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape up View Post
So he landed 4 more power shot but 53 less jabs and you said learn how to score fights, go to bed junior without any dinner
Oh, you're going off punchstats? My man, you don't score a fight using Punchstats. Just watch the fight. Half of GGGs jabs were measuring jabs, not damaging at all.

GGGs power punches, 98% didn't even land clean or hard. I think there's like 5 good punches, and out of the 5 maybe 2 were very good.

All the best punches in most of the rounds were landed by Canelo.

Just because G landed an average of 4 jabs per round doesn't mean he wins a fight. You score quality mu friend, not necessarily quantity.

Maybe you need to learn to score a fight my friend.

Where was the body attack? Who landed the more telling punches? Who had better defense? Who dictated the pace of the fight? Who landed at a higher percentage and caused more damage? Each round is scored individually.

At best GGG won rounds 4-9, at best, making it a draw. Which I have no problem, but GGG did not win that fight. Look if someone wants to be bias and give G 7 rounds, I guess, but that fight was not GGGs.

Last edited by Snowballer; 01-31-2019 at 03:31 AM.
Snowballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:54 AM #49
Shape up Shape up is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: The great land
Posts: 2,706
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Shape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 21,466.23
Bank: 1,289.64
Total Points: 22,755.87
Top Rated Poster - ironmt Kicking Ass - ironmt 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowballer View Post
Oh, you're going off punchstats? My man, you don't score a fight using Punchstats. Just watch the fight. Half of GGGs jabs were measuring jabs, not damaging at all.

GGGs power punches, 98% didn't even land clean or hard. I think there's like 5 good punches, and out of the 5 maybe 2 were very good.

All the best punches in most of the rounds were landed by Canelo.

Just because G landed an average of 4 jabs per round doesn't mean he wins a fight. You score quality mu friend, not necessarily quantity.

Maybe you need to learn to score a fight my friend.

Where was the body attack? Who landed the more telling punches? Who had better defense? Who dictated the pace of the fight? Who landed at a higher percentage and caused more damage? Each round is scored individually.

At best GGG won rounds 4-9, at best, making it a draw. Which I have no problem, but GGG did not win that fight. Look if someone wants to be bias and give G 7 rounds, I guess, but that fight was not GGGs.
I've been in the industry for many many years and canelo fighting for 30 to 60 seconds a round won't win him the round or the fight, your a casual, I can tell by your accessment of the fight, it's very obvious, the fight was controlled by ggg, the pace set by ggg, he landed more punches and fought consistently for the entire 3 minutes of each round, judges don't discriminate between punches, only the quality of the punches, how clean they were, the punch stats were made for casual fans to try and help them understand a little better, that's why I referred to them in a discussion with you, because you've obviously come from a chess or badminton background
Shape up is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
meeting

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 AM.