Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No matter how you look at it floyd is above manny.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    What your basically saying is your a Floyd fanboy and there’s nothing pac can do to be greater! But fanboys like yourself aren’t realistic now are you?
    People wanted the fight without cw but nobody was saying it was a historically great fight for Floyd as Floyd was beating a great champ. People thought it was too soon for nelo. Nelo was unknown so they fast tracked him to become known with ssm fight. Nelo only win of note was trout as he’d beaten cotto. But even trout was one hit wonder.
    PACs always been above Floyd even when koed by jmm and losing to floyd. People may have naively thought otherwise. But that’s down to naivety
    Let's not forget that it wasn't just a catchweight either. Floyd put a rehydration clause on top of the catchweight, so Canelo was drained af.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
      There are major differences . NOBODY KNEW Jeff horn and was known for nothing before the fight with Pac. Ortiz had fight of the year and won a world title in beating the unbeaten berto before fighting Floyd. And algirie its best known for his back flips in the ring and beating ruslan.

Manny fought the same guys coming off of losing streaks or they didn’t look good in the previous fight.
      I'm not saying Ortiz didn't earn his shot but he wasn't that good, neither was Berto. Horn was actually pretty well known, he's a star down under. He best Ali Funeka, Randall Bailey, Rico Mueller and Ahmed El Mousaoui who would all be fringe contenders making Horn contender level. Again, he is average, just not a journeyman level bum like is suggested by many. Algieri took his shot because of that WBO ruling where if youre a title holder in the weight below you move up and become automatic mandatory. He was made to look average by Manny anyway. You've also conveniently ignored the best parts of his resumé and focused on two weak fights he took.
      Last edited by BoloShot; 07-21-2019, 12:15 PM.

Comment

yepyessir

Floyd is a peerless fighter who was so good he had no genuine rival

Comment

[QUOTE=EdWins;19921113]
          Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          Do what? It was a very competitive fight with the right winner

FLoyd would almost shut out someone basic like Thurman

Anyway, If you wanna compare their careers then you could say Pac has had a better or more exciting career but Floyd was a still the better fighter anyway.[/QUOTE]

actually i would say its the other way around.

Floyd had the overall better career, he finished undefeated, rarely ever looked vulnerable

Pac tho has always been the better more exciting fighter that people actually pay to see whereas people pay to see floyd fights in hopes to see him lose.

Well i mean the better career in terms of memorable fights to look back on and rising from Flyweight division right upto fighting guys like Cotto and Margarito. Amazing really.

I believe Floyd was the better fighter between the two, no doubt. Both achieved some amazing feats though.

That’s why i don’t get why people are still continuing this argument and trying to discredit one of them. Both had amazing careers, both amazing fighters, one was better than the other head to head and it was proven when they fought but that’s sport, it doesn’t mean we can’t put both right up there as greats.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
            I understand everybody is still drunk off of manny’s win over thurman which is a great win for him but let’s sober up now.

The reason why I think people are saying this win puts manny above Floyd is because let’s be honest thurman is the best win/ legit opponent manny has had besides Floyd in over a decade. Bradley was a solid win but I think thurman ranked higher.

Manny fought delahoya after Floyd beat him. He fought Ricky hatton after Floyd knocked out a undefeated hatton. He fought mosley after a loss to Floyd and draw with mora. Floyd wiped out Marquez with ease while manny struggled all 4x against him(to be fair I believe Marquez was full of PEDS in the 4th fight)

He fought a faded mathysse, Jeff horn a cherry pick gone wrong, Brandon Rios, Chris algirie and Jessie Vargas( a solid fighter but definitely not an A level opponent). And broner who has not had a solid win in years.

Floyd beating canelo is bigger than manny beating thurman.
            And now the popular thing to say is canelo was not ready when Floyd beat him to discredit Floyd when in reality Floyd was forced into that fight with canelo. Canelo was tired of fighting on mayweathers undercard and demanded to fight him next. AND THE FANS AND BOXING MEDIA WANTED THE FIGHT.

But it’s funny how fast people forget Manny was still on his way back from the devastating loss to Marquez so nobody was calling for the May/pac fight so canelo was the new boogie man that was supposed to have floyd pissing his bed at night. Now people are saying now that floyd is 42 and canelo is looking to fight light heavyweights now it’s a fair fight and now is the right time lol.

The only thing manny has over floyd is that he is the only 8 weight division world champion. but at the end of the day Mayweather beat that guy so how can you rank a guy as accomplished as mayweather lower than a person that he beat?

Manny’s greater than Floyd.
            Get over it *****s.

Comment

Pac just beat a WW champion who was 10 years younger than him at age 40. Mayweather is begging an MMA fighter to face him in a boxing exhibition because he can't live within his means and needs money. I guess it all depends on how you look a things.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                Not at the age pac is he wouldnt

he looked shot to **** vs mcgregor
                lol. Bro, he trained for McGregor like he was going to have a fight with your grand pops....and still made it to the strip club every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
                  Let's not forget that it wasn't just a catchweight either. Floyd put a rehydration clause on top of the catchweight, so Canelo was drained af.
                  Are you sure about that?

Schaefer: No rehydration limit for Mayweather-Canelo

https://www.************.com/2013/05...eather-canelo/

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    I can think of a couple of examples where we rate someone higher than someone who beat them
                    You mean like Ali over Frazier?

Comment

It's perfectly valid to rank Pacquiao above Mayweather. Their actual fight was competitive and far past both primes so it's not a deciding factor in this debate.

Comment

Working...
                      X