Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN or SHOWTIME PPV for Joshua v Wilder ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
    Matchroom wont promote a card on Showtime PPV as theyre exclusive to DAZN, and they wont be giving up control of the fight to PBC for it to happen on Showtime. Same goes for ESPN. As much as Hearn says it can happen anywhere, its nonsense, the fights only happen on Joshua's terms, being the A-side. The nest round of fights will solidify his status
    Yea but Joshua isn't long term exclusive to DAZN as I understand it. He's got a fight by fight agreement from what I've heard.

So I'd assume there must be some workaround to allow Joshua to fight elsewhere if Joshua & DAZN can't come to terms at some future date. Otherwise Joshua couldn't fight at all cuz he's signed to Hearn & Hearn is signed to DAZN. So basically Joshua would be signed to DAZN without being signed to DAZN in that case.

Bottom line doe is this fight is worth a lot of money & if its on PPV it can be worth the most money. Respect to DAZN. I think its a genius idea & DAZN or some other streaming entity will likely be where the biggest fights & other big sports take place more often than not at some future date, but it still seems like a concept thats a lil early to get maximum revenue for Joshua, Wilder & both people's teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
      This is a big issue. I don’t see a hope in hell Haymon allows Joshua v Wilder to take place on DAZN and authorising the biggest fight a PBC Fighter is involved in to take place on DAZN.

Joshua v Wilder could be the fight that ignites Subscriptions for DAZN and gives them mainstream coverage. I just don’t see why Wilder/Haymon would allow it.

Which is why i think sooner or later, both will demand the fight can only take place on SHO PPV. Showtime made investments both on Joshua (before he left) and Wilder. Showtime would not be happy with Haymon, this is why they are involved in the Boxing Buisness, to get these PPV type of fights.

It’s not as simple as both SHO and DAZN making the biggest offers. Two completely different buisness models, one’s a flat fee the other is PPV Numbers. Wilder says he wants 50/50 and wants to know how much Joshua is making, that can only happen through the fight taking place on PPV (as PPV involves public percentage splits and guaranteed fees in case the PPV Flops. So both fighters will know what eachother is projected to earn)
      DAZN will surely keep the contracts with each fighter private.

Wilder’s management says they don’t want to leave any money on the table. PPV is the only way that can be prevented. Imagine if DAZN guarantees both 50M, and on PPV it could’ve done 2M Buys. That’s lost revenue for everyone not just the fighters.

DAZN got Hearn along to get the AJ v Wilder fight on DAZN as probably one of the biggest reasons why.
      Showtime hasn’t made heavy investments in Wilder for no reason. I see a impediment arising...

For fans obviously being on DAZN would be the preference, but that’s not how the Boxing Buisness works, never has, never will
      If their smart it will be a FOX PPV all the pre fight shows they had for Spence and Garcia helped sell about double what it should have been since both had never been on PPV before and were not BIG names.It should have did close to what Ward v Kov did 160 instead of the 400 it did.FOX aired a lot of those pre fight shows on FOX on Saturday afternoons.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Yea but Joshua isn't long term exclusive to DAZN as I understand it. He's got a fight by fight agreement from what I've heard.

So I'd assume there must be some workaround to allow Joshua to fight elsewhere if Joshua & DAZN can't come to terms at some future date. Otherwise Joshua couldn't fight at all cuz he's signed to Hearn & Hearn is signed to DAZN. So basically Joshua would be signed to DAZN without being signed to DAZN in that case.

Bottom line doe is this fight is worth a lot of money & if its on PPV it can be worth the most money. Respect to DAZN. I think its a genius idea & DAZN or some other streaming entity will likely be where the biggest fights & other big sports take place more often than not at some future date, but it still seems like a concept thats a lil early to get maximum revenue for Joshua, Wilder & both people's teams.
        Fair post and true about no DAZN deal for AJ he was not part of Matchroom deal.And I agree esp with a FOX PPV making more money Spence v Garcia did about double what it should have based on other fights of guys in that league of popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
          How do you know Wilder or Fury only made 7M ? Or are YOU relying on a third party source ?

How do YOU know Joshua has made concussions and isn’t simply lying and offering one sided times to Wilder in private like he did with Whyte (rematch clause)

Hearn will have to make concussions as he has no power and is desperate to get Joshua- Wilder on DAZN. All Wilder has to do is say the AJ Fight will only happen if it’s on SHO PPV and Hearn will freak out and will release all that estrogen in a IFL Interview with koogs.

Again you’re a ultra english nationalist obsessed with DAZN/Joshua and Hearn. You people have issues
          Fury told everyone how much he got for the Wilder fight. No 3rd party source here.

AJ is giving 40% of the split when no other huge A side has done this for a weak B side before. They usually get about 4-6 Mill tops. Having a title never allowed you to have a big cut otherwise Smith would have got loads of money when he fought Canelo who didn't have a title at that point. But Smith is British, therefore he's not a deluded coward who made outlandish demands.

AJ is giving Wilder a rematch clause when no Huge A side has ever given one to a weak B side before in history.

AJ is willing to fight on Wilder's home soil just like he asked.

Wilder and Finkle were given these terms. If they weren't, don't you think they would have come out and told everyone instead of making hilarious excuses?

Does AJ need to give everyone a rematch clause in the Heavyweight division just to get them into the ring? Whyte was a voluntary. Not a unification. Not a mandatory. Why would AJ give him a rematch clause and 40% like Whyte asked for? Where do you get this crazy and biased mindset from to say such madness? Which huge A side has done this before in history?

I'm obsessed with DAZN? Care to show me proof of this nonsense?

I'll defend Hearn when people are smearing and lying about him to further their cause. A cause that is unjust and deranged.

The irony of you calling me an ultra nationalist when you write some of the most biased garbage I've ever seen. Therefore it is the likes of you that have serious issues. But it's clear to see why you're a Wilder fan when you have the same grasp of reality the donkey himself has. Such deranged entitlement and delusion. All you're worth is my pity and sympathy due to being so alarmingly backwards and pathetic. And with a forum name such as yours, it's clear to see that it is supposed to be ironic. From the start you set out to smear his name and always paint a negative picture of him no matter what. Your nonsense clearly proves this. But to see supposed grown men having to go to these lengths is beyond creepy and makes you even sadder than I first thought. But don't worry, I know what you're all about now.

Comment

Wilder fans would rather pay 5x as much because they think Haymon care about them

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
              Well neither DAZN nor Showtime are a "flat fee". Both services are designed to be subscription-based. Showtime does offer the PPV without subscription and DAZN does allow customers to purchase 1-month and cancel.

There are actually people in the US (including this very forum like the aforementioned CUCKboi Manlikefemi) who legitimately would rather pay Showtime PPV price of $75-100 instead of $20. You get a month's worth of content with DAZN in attention to it only being $20 while you just get the single event with Showtime's model.

It's stunning the lengths people go to when they find a man they like and want to impress them. This Manlikefemi would probably start using female hormones and sex change operations if that meant they could meet Deyonce.

In other news, rain is wet
              Wilder fans are mind numbingly stupid.

Comment

Working...
              X