Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

was Long Kiss Goodnight released after 2Pac died?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weird thing is that nothing ever was cleared up in this whole Biggie vs Tupac drama. The movie made it seem like Biggie never had any actual beef with Tupac at all, which is hard to believe.

If he truly had none, then he should've backed off and made clear he wasn't interested in any confrontation, even through music. Instead, the beef just simmered, increasingly, and they both ended up dead.

So, what happened there?

I have to assume there was beef, but I'm not sure to what level. Hence, they both share responsibility. Ultimately, Tupac appeared convinced that Biggie set him up, and he destroyed him on "hit em' up," coming out like the guy who was ready to die in the face of his enemy. That's the defining track of that beef, for me at least.

I have to say Tupac won, even though Biggie outlived him. He went out like a kamikaze, literally accepting his demise physically, but not musically. You gotta give bravery points for that.
    Last edited by SunSpace; 07-04-2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
      lmao, biggie set up that robbery on pac. err-body know this to be true.

and biggie didn't stay in his lane, he was just too scared to be direct. he had subliminal pac disses in a lot of his songs, including notorious thugs, who shot ya? and many others. he jhust wasn't as direct as pac was about who it was directed at.

but none of that is really my point. my point is the timing of the release of the track. was it put out after 2pac died? because if so that's pretty lame to diss someone after they dead.
      Not true, Pac was upset big knew who set him up but didn't do anything.

Long kiss goodnight has nothing on the actual diss record Big did where he blatantly called out tupac and dissed him. It was a feature with him and Busta Rhymes. It's on YouTube and J-Dilla produced it.

Comment

Big > Pac

East Coast rap > West Coast

Long Kiss Goodnight was an awesome song

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
          The weird thing is that nothing ever was cleared up in this whole Biggie vs Tupac drama. The movie made it seem like Biggie never had any actual beef with Tupac at all, which is hard to believe.

If he truly had none, then he should've backed off and made clear he wasn't interested in any confrontation, even through music. Instead, the beef just simmered, increasingly, and they both ended up dead.

So, what happened there?

I have to assume there was beef, but I'm not sure to what level. Hence, they both share responsibility. Ultimately, Tupac appeared convinced that Biggie set him up, and he destroyed him on "hit em' up," coming out like the guy who was ready to die in the face of his enemy. That's the defining track of that beef, for me at least.

I have to say Tupac won, even though Biggie outlived him. He went out like a kamikaze, literally accepting his demise physically, but not musically. You gotta give bravery points for that.
          If Biggy would of came and threw the white flag to Tupac that would of been career suicide. They were gangster rappers. You can't come off weak or you'll be eaten alive. Neither one of them were real gangsters though. Biggy obviously didn't want no problems with Pac, probably mostly because of Suge. Pac wasn't even a thug until he got with Suge.

Pac made some amazing songs that did transcend rap. They appealed to a much bigger audience because like it was said he made some songs that everybody can relate too. Biggy was realer in the sense that he rapped about everything he saw growing up in the streets of New York. His songs were realer in a street sense because he was in the streets selling drugs. I just don't think he's that much of a gangster because I think deep down he was a loving, caring guy that was just doing what he needed to get by. He didn't want violence with Tupac or Suge. As far of the beef I agree when you saying something about ****ing somebody's wife, all is fair after that. Though I highly doubt and almost guarantee it was made before he died.

I personally rank Nas higher then both.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
            If Biggy would of came and threw the white flag to Tupac that would of been career suicide. They were gangster rappers. You can't come off weak or you'll be eaten alive. Neither one of them were real gangsters though. Biggy obviously didn't want no problems with Pac, probably mostly because of Suge. Pac wasn't even a thug until he got with Suge.

Pac made some amazing songs that did transcend rap. They appealed to a much bigger audience because like it was said he made some songs that everybody can relate too. Biggy was realer in the sense that he rapped about everything he saw growing up in the streets of New York. His songs were realer in a street sense because he was in the streets selling drugs. I just don't think he's that much of a gangster because I think deep down he was a loving, caring guy that was just doing what he needed to get by. He didn't want violence with Tupac or Suge. As far of the beef I agree when you saying something about ****ing somebody's wife, all is fair after that. Though I highly doubt and almost guarantee it was made before he died.

I personally rank Nas higher then both.
            Nas the GOAT!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
              Nas the GOAT!!!...
              Honestly though, he has just as many timeless classics. I hate to say it but he also has longevity. I know you could make an argument "Well it's not Biggy and Pac's fault they died" but you can't give them brownie points just because they died and what they "could of" done. Nobody's going to rank Edwin Valero as an ATG because he died even though he was one of the most vicious punchers ever while he was alive.

Personally I'd go Nas, 2Pac, Biggy, Jay Z and Eminem. That's just me though. Obviously there isn't no set in stone ranking for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
                Honestly though, he has just as many timeless classics. I hate to say it but he also has longevity. I know you could make an argument "Well it's not Biggy and Pac's fault they died" but you can't give them brownie points just because they died and what they "could of" done. Nobody's going to rank Edwin Valero as an ATG because he died even though he was one of the most vicious punchers ever while he was alive.

Personally I'd go Nas, 2Pac, Biggy, Jay Z and Eminem. That's just me though. Obviously there isn't no set in stone ranking for anything.
                Exactly...people use to be in the closet about their love for Nas in rap circles...everybody was on Jay...but there was always atleast one kat that kept it real and would say "but you know what?...Nas got Jay"...everybody knows this...that's why Nas told him he had to go thru him for the crown...even biggie felt Nas should have gotten lyricist of the year from the source awards back in 95 i think...Edwin Valero is in my top 5...funny you mentioned him...my list goes Nas, 2Pac, Jay-z, Jeezy, T.I. your list is nice though...just all opinions...I think all Nas' **** is classic, I'm glad the source got it right on illmatic and crowned it with 5 mics the first time around...got miss info to thank for that...

Comment

One of the best Pac tracks of all-time IMO right here

Against All Odds

Pac goes in on everybody from the east coast

I got love for east coast rap too -- I still bump Mobb Deep, Nas, BIG, 50, etc. in my rotation, but this **** right here is f**king raw

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    One of the best Pac tracks of all-time IMO right here

Against All Odds

Pac goes in on everybody from the east coast

I got love for east coast rap too -- I still bump Mobb Deep, Nas, BIG, 50, etc. in my rotation, but this **** right here is f**king raw
                    He said "*****s looking like Larry Holmes flabby and ****
                    Trying to playa hate on my ****, you eat a fat dick"

Comment

The two obvious lines, or two lines that could be interpreted as "obvious" 2Pac disses are these two:

"When my men bust, you just move with such stamina. Slugs missed ya, I ain't mad at cha"

Biggie talking about the first shooting, 2Pac had enough stamina to survive the shooting, they missed out on killing him. "I ain't mad at cha", reference to 2Pac's song, and saying he's not mad at 2Pac for escaping death

"Now you rest eternally, sleepy, you burn when you creep me. Rest where the worms and the weak be"

Maybe reference to 2Pac's death, a big maybe, or maybe just a coincidence

Comment

Working...
                      X