No announcement yet.

Schaefer refuses to make Malignaggi v Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    It's obvious why he doesn't want to make it, he just saw a fat outta shape cano kick Paulies ass and knows maidana, who is 10X the fighter cano is, would wreck paulie

He needs paulie to hold on to keep the title hostage until he can cherry pick paulie to a fighter like Khan or Garcia when they move up

^^^^^^This is exactly right^^^^^^..Unfortunately it will not let me green you again until I pass more around.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
      Did he say why he refuses to make that fight?
      Here is a good quote where he discusses it.

"If I'm going to do Malignaggi-Maidana, I wouldn't want to take the risk at the Barclays Center," Schaefer said. "I'm probably going to do a fight for Paulie (April 27), but I don't see many other headline fights for him at Barclays. Do I think Malignaggi-Maidana is a good fight? I do, but I am not sure that's the main event at the Barclays Center, a big, big arena. I don't want to put that fight in a huge venue.

"Right now, I have been thrown a bit of a curveball with this (Malignaggi-Mosley) fight situation, but we will move on. We will have an event on April 27 on Showtime and we are coming up with the right card, but it won't necessarily be at Barclays Center. My first choice is Lucas Matthysse against Marcos Maidana, assuming Matthysse wins on Saturday, from the West Coast."

Schaefer said there are several possibilities, but it will come down to money.

"A fight between Andre Berto and Paulie Malignaggi would be of interest to the networks and fans," he said. "A fight between Maidana and Matthysse is of interest. A fight between Malignaggi and Maidana is of interest. Now there are different amounts of license fees being paid for these fights, so I will go to Malignaggi, to Maidana, to Berto, to Matthysse, and I will tell them what the different purses they can make and we'll go from there."

Comment

It just goes to show who really runs the show. We always hear this fighter ducked this fighter and that fighter, but that's not always the case.

Comment

Paulie outpoints El Chino to a split decision.

Comment

Everyone wants to see Malignaggi vs Maidana! Why not just make it? GBP's is always saying their all about the fans and the fighters? What is wrong with this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Here is a good quote where he discusses it.
              I don't understand how Maidana/Malignaggi has no interest, but Malignaggi vs. Mosley/Berto does. I'm sick to death of Berto/Mosley getting title shots and Mosley is shot to pieces. Berto and Mosley would probably ask for more money than Maidana anyway.

This is a prime example of how promoters maneuver their fighters like pawns on a chess board. Maidana and Matthysse are being coerced to fight one another to protect Malignaggi and Garcia. Chaves will just go unnoticed even-though he's the mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                I don't understand how Maidana/Malignaggi has no interest, but Malignaggi vs. Mosley/Berto does. I'm sick to death of Berto/Mosley getting title shots and Mosley is shot to pieces. Berto and Mosley would probably ask for more money than Maidana anyway.

This is a prime example of how promoters maneuver their fighters like pawns on a chess board. Maidana and Matthysse are being coerced to fight one another to protect Malignaggi and Garcia. Chaves will just go unnoticed even-though he's the mandatory.
                And on top of that, Judah vs. Garcia will be the headliner for that fight not Malignaggi vs. Maidana. So that excuse is bogus.

Comment

He wants to put lucas v maidana and you guys would rather have paulie v maidana?

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    He wants to put lucas v maidana and you guys would rather have paulie v maidana?
                    This isn't WWE. It's a professional sport. The object is to win championships. Neither Matthysse or Maidana want this fight and Schaefer insists on making it. Both of them want to fight for a title and in Matthysse's case, he's put himself in position to do just that.

Comment

They will make Mathysse-Maidana, just watch

Comment

Working...
                      X