Collapse
No announcement yet.

difference between lean back and rock?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between lean back and rock?

i know now, but reading a learn to box book i was confused by the rock as it looked like a leanback and i learnt leanbacks arent cool unless your Ali!

The difference must be subtle.

lean back/lay back you bring your back foot back a bit and put most of your weight on to your rear foot, so as to move your head out of punching range. ali use to bend from the back and stick his chin in the air (which is why frazier caught him with that left hook in the first fight)

Comment

Originally posted by rockymarciano1 View Post
      lean back/lay back you bring your back foot back a bit and put most of your weight on to your rear foot, so as to move your head out of punching range. ali use to bend from the back and stick his chin in the air (which is why frazier caught him with that left hook in the first fight)
      I think they call it rock, rather than lay back. Rock is the proper terminology. I thought lean back is what they said Ali did?

Comment

diffrent people call them diffrent things. whats important is that you dont do what ali did. do the safer way (really only works if you have height on your opponent)

Comment

With this defensive technique you leave you body wide open to take punishment. A few straight right hands into the ribs usually stops a guy from doing it so much...................Rockin'

Comment

same thing....rock back+counter=what floyd does

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
              same thing....rock back+counter=what floyd does
              Floyds little move is called a pull counter, Righty throws his jab, Floyd will pull his head and body back and blast a quick right hand over the top of rightys jab.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealTruth321 View Post
                Floyds little move is called a pull counter, Righty throws his jab, Floyd will pull his head and body back and blast a quick right hand over the top of rightys jab.
                in the gym they call it rockback,counter.....pullcounter/rockback same thing

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealTruth321 View Post
                  A nice move but if you try it you have to be extremely carefull not to run into your opponents right hand. When returning the counter you may want to move your head to the extreme left when throwing your right hand............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    A nice move but if you try it you have to be extremely carefull not to run into your opponents right hand. When returning the counter you may want to move your head to the extreme left when throwing your right hand............Rockin'
                    run and go tell roger

Comment

Working...
                    X