No announcement yet.

Fighter of the decade means nothing, here's why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by syphillis View Post
    Here's the BWAA Members List. Contact them here http://www.bwaa.org/members.htm.

+ Lifetime membership

DAVE ANDERSON
    TOM ARCHDEACON
    LINT BALDWIN
    BART BARRY
    RON BORGES
    RICHARD CLOUTIER
    NIGEL COLLINS
    CHRIS COZZONE
    TOM CUSHMAN
    TIM DAHLBERG
    WILLIAM DETTLOFF
    JAMES DOMBROWSKI
    NATHAN DOMINITZ
    TOM DONELSON
    JAKE DONOVAN
    BILL DWYRE
    STEVE FARHOOD
    ROYCE FEOUR
    BERNARD FERNANDEZ
    DOUG FISCHER
    LYLE FITZSIMMONS
    NORM FRAUENHEIM
    BILL GALLO +
    THOMAS GERBASI
    WILLIAM GILDEA
    JERRY GLICK
    IVAN GOLDMAN
    ALAN GOLDSTEIN +
    TIM GRAHAM
    MIKE GREENHILL
    MURRAY GREIG
    DAVID GREISMAN
    LEE GROVES
    THOMAS HAUSER
    MARCUS HENRY
    JACK HIRSCH
    MICHAEL HIRSLEY
    STAN HOCHMAN
    MIKE HOUSER
    MATTHEW HURLEY
    MICHAEL INDRI
    JERRY IZENBERG +
    JIM JENKINS
    CHUCK JOHNSON
    RONAN KEENAN
    PATRICK KEHOE
    TOM KENVILLE
    GEORGE KIMBALL +
    SHAWN KREST
    ZACH LEVIN
    MARC LICHTENFELD
    FRANK LOTIERZO
    SCOTT MALLON
    CHRIS MANNIX
    VICTOR MATAMOROS
    WALLACE MATTHEWS +
    JOE MAXSE
    DAVID MAYO
    HUGH McILVANNEY +
    FRANKLIN McNEIL
    GUNNAR MEINHARDT
    GABRIEL MONTOYA
    ROBERT MORALES
    KIERAN MULVANEY
    BOB MUTTER
    WILLIAM NACK
    PETER O. NELSON
    DENIS NOLAN
    JACK OBERMAYER
    ANTHONY CARTER PAIGE +
    SANTOS A. PEREZ
    ADAM POLLACK
    LANCE PUGMIRE
    DAN RAFAEL
    RICK REENO
    JOE REIN
    MATT RICHARDSON
    SHARON ROBB
    CHRIS ROCHE
    CLIFFORD L. ROLD II
    MICHAEL ROSENTHAL
    RON ROSS
    CARLO ROTELLA
    RUSTY RUBIN
    LUDO SAENZ
    ROBERTO SANTIAGO
    JOHN SCHULIAN
    ED SCHUYLER, JR. +
    JAY SEARCY
    DAVE SKRETTA
    ELMER SMITH +
    TIM SMITH
    DON STEINBERG
    DON STEWART
    THOMAS K. STEWART
    DON STRADLEY
    TIM STRUBY
    SEAN SULLIVAN
    MICHAEL SWANN
    STEPHEN TOBEY
    PAUL UPHAM
    CONSTANTINO VILORIA
    DAVID WEINBERG
    JOHN WHISLER
    GEORGE WILLIS
    PETER WOOD
    MICHAEL J. WOODS
    VIC ZIEGEL +

AUXILIARY MEMBERS

STEVE A****O
    MICHAEL AMAKOR
    JIM AMATO
    GINA ANDRIOLO
    ADAM BERLIN
    TEDDY BLACKBURN
    STEVE BRENER
    BILL CAPLAN
    ALDEN CHODASH
    JOSE CORPAS
    PATTI DREIFUS
    JASON GONZALEZ
    BOB GOODMAN
    MARGARET GOODMAN
    AMY GREEN
    GREG JUCKETT
    JEFF JULIAN
    ANDREW LAPACHET
    RAYMOND MARKARIAN
    RICH MAROTTA
    ROBERT MLADINICH
    KERRY O'CONNER
    JASON PRIBILA
    STEPHEN ROCHE
    DANNY SERRATELLI
    RYAN ********
    FRED STERNBURG
    SPRINGS TOLEDO
    PABLO TORRE
    BOB TRIEGER
    SUMIO YAMADA

Looks more like a Klan membership than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
      Who decided pac was fighter of the decade? A bunch of fat old white men who never put on a pair of boxing gloves in their lives? Face it, the award means very little. Floyd still outsells pac and has a more impressive resume.

At the end of the day they could've gave the FOTD to paulie malignaggi, but the fact remains that doesn't mean he can beat anybody. The award can't fight for you.

The debate for pac vs floyd is getting old now. Facts are facts, floyd is unbeaten and has a better record than pac. Pac has been knocked out twice, floyd didn't get knocked down from shane mosley.

Let the pacfarts come in here and cry, but the truth is very obvious to people that have been following boxing for longer than 4 months ( average pacfart ).

Just like how I knew lewis would K.O the overrated tyson, I know floyd would easily beat pac.
      it's like most awards the person who has made the most recent impression gets the award ,if you watch most music award shows you barely ever see a song that came out early in the year get a award most of the awards go to the more recent popular songs instead of the most popular of the year

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
        it's like most awards the person who has made the most recent impression gets the award ,if you watch most music award shows you barely ever see a song that came out early in the year get a award most of the awards go to the more recent popular songs instead of the most popular of the year
        or maybe, manny did more this year and truly deserves it more than floyd...

crazy, i know.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post

Looks more like a Klan membership than anything.
          bwaa are racist white men by not voting for floyd....

and for voting for an asian guy.

Comment

First off I implore people to remember that Floyd is still the most hated of all boxers, perhaps due to his astronomical success, or his cockiness, or self serving style.. Whatever the reason, the hate is there.

The FOTD award is nice and all, but I do see a point to it being over lauded.. Its basically a hype implement. Its a way for boxing to perpetuate its own myth.

Having said that, Floyd is the foil.. Aint no way he's gonna win a popularity contest. That's like the most hated kid at a school being voted class president.. Smart Floyd fans realize this and have moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
              bwaa are racist white men by not voting for floyd....

and for voting for an asian guy.

I was being sarcastic and following along with the idiot ts for kicks.

Sometimes you just have to entertain the dummies.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                First off I implore people to remember that Floyd is still the most hated of all boxers, perhaps due to his astronomical success, or his cockiness, or self serving style.. Whatever the reason, the hate is there.

The FOTD award is nice and all, but I do see a point to it being over lauded.. Its basically a hype implement. Its a way for boxing to perpetuate its own myth.

Having said that, Floyd is the foil.. Aint no way he's gonna win a popularity contest. That's like the most hated kid at a school being voted class president.. Smart Floyd fans realize this and have moved on.
                I don't understand why people keep acting like FOTD is a popularity contest? It boggles my mind that people think that.

FOTD was really a 3 man race Pac, Floyd, and Hopkins and IMO in that order.

I don't understand why the decade that Manny won is the only decade that FOTD means absolutely nothing. Nobody was saying that in 90's or the 80's or the 70's or the 60's or the 50's but in 2000-2009 it means nothing? Whatever...

Did Floyd deserve it? Sure you can make a case he was the runner up IMO. But, Pac deserved it also and earned it too. To say he didn't or only won cuz Floyd is hated or cuz is a "popularity contest" which is absurd/ I will call bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post

Floyds FOTY awards completely agree your post is a fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
                    I was being sarcastic and following along with the idiot ts for kicks.

Sometimes you just have to entertain the dummies.
                    i know right...

these guys need to get a life. its been 6 months already.

manny won and he deserves it.. get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                      Who decided pac was fighter of the decade? A bunch of fat old white men who never put on a pair of boxing gloves in their lives? Face it, the award means very little. Floyd still outsells pac and has a more impressive resume.

At the end of the day they could've gave the FOTD to paulie malignaggi, but the fact remains that doesn't mean he can beat anybody. The award can't fight for you.

The debate for pac vs floyd is getting old now. Facts are facts, floyd is unbeaten and has a better record than pac. Pac has been knocked out twice, floyd didn't get knocked down from shane mosley.

Let the pacfarts come in here and cry, but the truth is very obvious to people that have been following boxing for longer than 4 months ( average pacfart ).

Just like how I knew lewis would K.O the overrated tyson, I know floyd would easily beat pac.
                      WTF???? You must be a grade schooler

Comment

Working...
                      X