Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith Drops, Decisions Erik Skoglund in WBSS Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had it 6-6, with Smith winning by a point due to the knock down.

Smith looked sloppy. That 4th (i think) round when Smith hurt his nose seemed a turning point. Skoglund couldn't miss with his left.

Skoglund impressed me though, i'd never seen him fight before and he was better than i expected. Those cards were harsh on him, much too wide.

A decent fight i thought.

Comment

• Smith didn't come out of this with much credit. Surprised how limited he looked. Cards were wide, he barely nicked it.

Comment

• While I'm a Callum Fan, that type of performance doesn't win this Tournament, he is LUCKY he picked who he picked and he might have Dodged a Bullet not fighting Dirrell or Benevidez for that Vacant WBC Strap looking at that performance

Comment

• He's a sky hype machine, luckily he's big or he would be easily beatable. If fielding boxed with his brain and not emotions he could beat him. Eubank is much more ferocious and will give smith a working over once he gets inside which won't take much.

Comment

• Is this the tournament? if so is the loser eliminated? Does anyone have a bracket?

Comment

• Skoglund won 4 or 5 rounds.

Not impressed with Callum smith, he should not have the luxury of facing Braehmer or Rob Brant in his next fight instead of Groves Or Eubank Jr

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                While I'm a Callum Fan, that type of performance doesn't win this Tournament, he is LUCKY he picked who he picked and he might have Dodged a Bullet not fighting Dirrell or Benevidez for that Vacant WBC Strap looking at that performance
                smith was crap tonight and Skogland was better than Ithought. I'm a big fan of Smith but think Groves ruins him with his jab

Comment

• Originally posted by knockoutkid View Post
                  He's a sky hype machine, luckily he's big or he would be easily beatable. If fielding boxed with his brain and not emotions he could beat him. Eubank is much more ferocious and will give smith a working over once he gets inside which won't take much.
                  Agreed. Smith hasn't got a good enough jab to keep a good fighter getting past it. Ridiculous really when you consider his size. He should be working on making the jab his best weapon.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    his next oppoennt is the winner of 39 year old braehmer moving down in weight and some guy moving up in weight. what a tournament folks. all daaaaaaa best
                    I don't disagree. The WBC champion winner, DeGale, and Ramirez should be in as it doesn't feel we are crowning the best of the best.

The cruiser version is WAY better. That feels like we are going to crown the best of the best.

Comment

• No US tv for this tournament. Makes it hard to care.

Comment

Working...
                      X