No announcement yet.

Who wins: Kovalev vs Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    and Ill take some of what you are taking! 16-110 after a knockdown? Would Kovalev just stop fighting an channel Lacy after the flash knockdown? Would Joe become the hulk and slap his way to perpetual punching primacy as the stunned Russian could at most win a round or two after Joe...stole the momentum of the knockdown?

Thats just a crazt scenerio imo. lol
    joe would have found a way to win. would have outworked him. once joe got in his rhythm he was impossible to beat.

Comment

Tough call, but I think Joe's control of distance, high output, and awkward movement would fatigue Kovalev in the later rounds. Kovalev drops him early on but mostly has trouble with Joe never quite being where he wants him to be. I'd predict a close fight with Joe taking a decision and the internet screaming about "slaps".

Comment

Calzaghe is extremely overrated on these forms. Kovalev takes him out mid to late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Black View Post
          Calzaghe is extremely overrated on these forms. Kovalev takes him out mid to late rounds.
          Yes sir, good post.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            joe would have found a way to win. would have outworked him. once joe got in his rhythm he was impossible to beat.
            Thats entirely possible... Im calling you out on One thing BigDramashow! For Joe to get knocked down and then beat Kovlev by the margin you sight would mean that the fight would more or less have to exactly follow the trajectory of the Hopkins fight in one form or another, but...Kovlev would be even more inacctive than Hopkins: Kovlev would have to really blow it, or Joe would have to totally make some very big adjustments, quite suddenly.

Joe winning against Kovlev is very realistic, but to me if Kovlev knocks him down its not going to be a lopsided scorecard for Joe... I could see Calzighe eeking out a win on the scorecards after getting dropped.

BUt hey... its nitpicking! lol. We do know that Joe finds a way to get his hand raised.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Black View Post
              The cult of Joe never reached the fanatical proportions of the cult of Roy, much less the cult of Mayweather, but it has been damn close! Ive noticed that across the pond fighters are supported well... Hatton is another fighter who always had a big fan base when he was dry humping his way to safe victory against guys he easily could have beat by just opening up instead of the innane tactics employed.

I have always felt Calzighe took the easy way out and got credit for fights he did not win, or just snuck by on. He was also shameless against an obviously compromised JOnes... A guy he would have been obliterated by in JOne's prime.

Comment

Calzaghe UD

the fact Ward "almost" beat kovalev is enough for me to give joe the nod. he was a step above ward.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  Thats entirely possible... Im calling you out on One thing BigDramashow! For Joe to get knocked down and then beat Kovlev by the margin you sight would mean that the fight would more or less have to exactly follow the trajectory of the Hopkins fight in one form or another, but...Kovlev would be even more inacctive than Hopkins: Kovlev would have to really blow it, or Joe would have to totally make some very big adjustments, quite suddenly.

Joe winning against Kovlev is very realistic, but to me if Kovlev knocks him down its not going to be a lopsided scorecard for Joe... I could see Calzighe eeking out a win on the scorecards after getting dropped.

BUt hey... its nitpicking! lol. We do know that Joe finds a way to get his hand raised.
                  hey thats fair enough if you have a difference of opinion. i just think joe would be far too good, but likely to get caught at some point.

Comment

Working...
                  X