Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Golovkin, Ramirez Ridicule Canelo Over Vacating WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo just made an ass out of himself

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
      but didn't canelo and his team say that would fight floyd at 150 if they had to?
      actually fighting the top guys in your division (lara) is something you get extra credit for ? that's called taking a risk?
      cotto was the A side right?
      Fighting top guys who don't bring a lot of money to the table (Oscar advised him not to take the Lara bout) absolutely is a risk.

By comparison look how Team GGG swerved Andre Ward because he didn't make financial sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Canelo is still negotiating to make the fight. He is not "ducking."

All he did was drop the belt so that the WBC deadline wouldn't force him to go to purse bids, in which case he'd have to agree to a 55-45 split. We all know Golovkin hasn't done enough to merit 45% of the purse.

But I don't expect the simpletons on social media to understand that. They would have to think a little deeper about the situation and not be so shallow.
        Are you serious, I guess all those fighters clowning Canelo, the journalist, other people, they're simple minded, and you're are enlightened.

Comment

Fighting top guys who don't bring a lot of money to the table (Oscar advised him not to take the Lara bout) absolutely is a risk.

By comparison look how Team GGG swerved Andre Ward because he didn't make financial sense.
          Your comparing GGG not fighting a guy two divisions above him to a guy fighting a 1# contender in his own division?

When did Canelo fight a SMW or now a LHW? He's fighting guys two south of him.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
            The interim/champion rule was entirely removed. Interim champion splits should never exceed that of a mandatory challenger, which as we know is 70/30 of 90% + 10% to the winner. The WBC president may change any of these rules as he sees fit, but he isn't likely to do so here.

Loeffler has no argument as the WBC can only operate by their most recent amendments. Where you got this idea from, I have no idea. Like I said before, look at the dates of the documents you are referring to.
            With majority vote and WBC sole discretion Split. 60-40, 55/45, and exceptional circumstances 50-50.

Comment

Canelo is still negotiating to make the fight. He is not "ducking."

All he did was drop the belt so that the WBC deadline wouldn't force him to go to purse bids, in which case he'd have to agree to a 55-45 split. We all know Golovkin hasn't done enough to merit 45% of the purse.

But I don't expect the simpletons on social media to understand that. They would have to think a little deeper about the situation and not be so shallow.
              That 55-45 split thing you made up, see that right thur is a lie. Canelo could have easily allowed it to go to purse bid, in which case he would be guaranteed a 70-30 split, just like Wilder was for the Povetkin bout, as is also written in the wbc rule book.

I mean, I can see how you could think you can full the casuals with this nonsense excuse, however, us semi-hardcore and hardcore fans know better.

Comment

Looks pretty bad how Canelisha was willing to show his balls to Abel Sanchez after the Khan fight. Maybe he realized Sanchez might bring a magnifying glass and actually locate his balls

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post

Great post by R.A, but actually watch it be Ulises Solis and the title will be "Revenge"

Comment

is andre ward a mw?
                    garcia doesn't get extra credit for lucas and garcia clearly won that fight but canelo gets some type of extra credit for probably beating lara

Comment

Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
                      Are/Were they middleweights? Did they have middleweight titles? P4P rankings are subjective like boxing judging so they mean didly squat. So come again??
                      They brought superior skill! 90% of ALL real boxing fans P4P list is pretty much the same except moved around a little. If you think for 1 minute Wade or Monroe is better then Ward or Lara I question your boxing IQ. And frankly will ignore it as spam.

Comment

Working...
                      X