Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grade Mayweathers performance against Maidana:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B-......Floyd has been so dominate that nights like that get the boxing world buzzing....kinda cool to go in the barbershop during NBA playoffs time and all dudes wanna talk about is Floyd's rough night!!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
      Makes sense considering it was 7 year ago.
      Yeah exactly. His timing looked a lot poorer than usual to me. He was doing some weird **** where he would square up on the ropes and almost switch southpaw at times too. Quite a curious performance.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        It's a young, strong show. I wonder where it was in 2006 when 24/7 was dominating though.

like i said before........

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          B-

A nice, solid win for anyone else but definitely below what we're accustomed to seeing from him. May actually be the best we see from him going forward.
          Slurp slurp!

Comment

I gave him a B+, just because he was able to adapt, where a lot of guys haven't against Maidana.

Comment

Where's the option for crap n' gay?

Comment

He has just struggled with a fighter who was picked and being set up for a stoppage win or one sided stylistic beat down....

"And he struggled badly with this fighter"....

Maidana was picked because to the casual fans he looks like a killer, but stylistically boxing fans across the board predicted a easy fight! when you start struggling with stylistic fights where you have the advantage! Its a poor performance....

I give Mayweather a C- it was not conclusive win at all, and he was hit and rough up and out worked by Maidana....

I think it was a poor performance offensively, and what i am saying has basically been repeated by Floyd Mayweather Senior. Mayweather needs to do more offensively, he needs to stop being one dimensional and put his punches together.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
                  Lol uhhhhh Floyd just drew with MARCOS MAIDANA.

I've been laughing since Sunday. You suck. You really do

Comment

B, i dont think any fighter with will have an a+ vs midana with gargia in his corner i just dont see it

Comment

I won't grade him but I will say he could & should have done much better. I'll use this analogy to describe the fight...

Youth ball...a team that presses & traps everywhere will cause lots of trouble. Hard to run plays against because their whole objective is to speed you up. That's how I seen Maidana...his wild & ackward style looked sloppy & wild...add in the nut shots, the tackle etc...and I wasn't impressed. He looked better against AB.

Now I know the Mayweather haters will justify Maidana's tactics but I would like to hear what you guy would say if the same fight took place but insert your favorite fighter...would it be dirty then? Only a few will reply with an unbiased answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X