Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Wilder fans justify Wilder rejecting $12.5 million offer from AJ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    Oh look it's Mr "im not a wilder fan" again.
    Why are some of you so bothered by objectivity??
    I defended Golovkin in a similar situation. Pacquiao as well.
    If you believe in a cheerleaders-only NSB, then put me on ignore.
    Soul survivor would save himself many ulcers if he just followed that simple advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I'm not a Wilder fan, but fat Dan said it well;
      "...to be offered a flat fee is not a real offer. It's an offer meant for the Joshua team to be able to run around and say, "Hey, we made an offer, and Team Wilder turned it down." It's called playing games, and it's nothing new in boxing.

A little history lesson: When we were bogged down in the will-they-or-won't-they nonsense of the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao saga, Mayweather at one point offered Pacquiao a flat fee of $40 million. That's monster money, but not in the context of that event. Pacquiao rightfully said no. When the fight was finally made, Pacquiao got 40 percent of the pie and earned well over $100 million.
      Pac made 20 million+ each fight while Wilder makes 2 million. The 40 million wasn't even twice what manny makes each fight while WIlder gets paid 6 times his career high payday. In no way shape or form is it similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Why are some of you so bothered by objectivity??
        I defended Golovkin in a similar situation. Pacquiao as well.
        If you believe in a cheerleaders-only NSB, then put me on ignore.
        Soul survivor would save himself many ulcers if he just followed that simple advice.
        You're clearly a Wilder fan. You just look stupid denying it. You were defending Wilders ridiculous demands before Hearn made an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          You're clearly a Wilder fan. You just look stupid denying it. You were defending Wilders ridiculous demands before Hearn made an offer.
          You don't want to see the fight. We get it

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            You don't want to see the fight. We get it
            I want Wilder to accept the offer. It's you that doesn't want to see the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
              Why do Wilder fans justify Wilder rejecting $12.5 million offer from AJ's team?
              Because a flat fee was offered up. And a counter offer needed to be made. Joshua fans don’t understand why flat fees are a no no and counter offers are a part of boxing. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                Because a flat fee was offered up. And a counter offer needed to be made. Joshua fans don’t understand why flat fees are a no no and counter offers are a part of boxing. Simple.
                Wilder has had a flat fee for every fight of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  Oh, so now you're a massive Dan Rafael fan...you hate the man when he speaks against the fighters you like. Show some integirty red prick.

On top of all that, who is saying it's a flat fee? Has that been confirmed? Didn't finkel say Hearn was calling it a "take it or leave it 48 hour deadline". It's been over a week and AJ most recently states he is still open for negotiations.

Heck, he even went so far as to state if Wilder and his team claim it's a $100 million fight, then lets make it happen at 50/50 with $50 mill each.

Can you speak on that?

Idiot.

No it didn't. As you can see, red prick and company ducked my thread like the plague.
                  Bump your thread and I’ll be glad to take a **** on you personally. Avoid your thread like a plague, lol lol...!!!. Mofo Ive destroyed your simple ass. It takes you a day to respond lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
                    Why do Wilder fans justify Wilder rejecting $12.5 million offer from AJ's team?

same reason pacquiao fans justified him turning down a $40 million dollar flat fee.

same reason ggg fans justified him turning down a $10 million dollar flat fee.

flat fees dont make sense when it comes to the biggest fight boxing has to offer. it's simple. it's all about percentages.

But if I was wilder i would take that 12 million, but only if it comes without a rematch clause. I would knock AJ the f**k out and never give him a rematch.

I bet Hearn won't do that deal tho

Comment

Same situation that happened with May-Pac and Canelo-Golovkin. Best B-sides do not take flat fees. No matter which camp of fans are acting like little girls, the story remains the same.

Golovkin haters whined about him not taking Canelo's flat fees, now Wilder haters will whine about him not taking flat fees.

Comment

Working...
                      X