Wladimir Klitschko '50-50' On Anthony Joshua Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir Klitschko '50-50' On Anthony Joshua Rematch

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...joshua-rematch

Wladimir Klitschko is "50-50" on taking up his option of a rematch with Anthony Joshua, according to his promoter Tom Loeffler.

Tom Loeffler:
    "If he retires on that fight, he had such a great run in the heavyweight division there'll be no better way to go out. That was just a tremendous fight

"I really think it's 50-50. Every time I talk to him it's almost like he's torn both ways. We'll naturally support him either way he decides. If he decides to take the rematch that's one the fans will look forward to"

Sounds like he wants to retire. If you want revenge it doesn't take this long to make your mind up.. this shows he doesn't have the confidence for taking the rematch.

Rolls Eyes. Just make up your mind Wlad. Geez..

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
      http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...joshua-rematch

Wladimir Klitschko is "50-50" on taking up his option of a rematch with Anthony Joshua, according to his promoter Tom Loeffler.

Tom Loeffler:
      "If he retires on that fight, he had such a great run in the heavyweight division there'll be no better way to go out. That was just a tremendous fight

"I really think it's 50-50. Every time I talk to him it's almost like he's torn both ways. We'll naturally support him either way he decides. If he decides to take the rematch that's one the fans will look forward to"

Sounds like he wants to retire. If you want revenge it doesn't take this long to make your mind up.. this shows he doesn't have the confidence for taking the rematch.
      That's really reaching son.. The guy almost finished AJ in the 6th & here you are talking about him not being confident..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        That's really reaching son.. The guy almost finished AJ in the 6th & here you are talking about him not being confident..
        Why's he 50/50 about the rematch then? Whats taking him so long to decide.. If he was confident and his blood was boiling to KO AJ, right after the fight in his post fight interview he would have triggered his rematch clause. But nope.

Comment

Why's he 50/50 about the rematch then? Whats taking him so long to decide.. If he was confident and his blood was boiling to KO AJ, right after the fight in his post fight interview he would have triggered his rematch clause. But nope.
          Stop watching a lot of movie kid, there is more to a fight than just showing up in the ring.. Fighters don't eat, breathe, sleep about boxing all the time.. He is 41yrs old, a 10-12 week training camp precedes each fight.. He has also said that he would like to have his farewell fight in the Ukraine.. Boxing is not the only thing he does, he has a mgmt company that he runs & other businesses.. According to Hearn he has time to get back on his decision.. Not confident on beating AJ - that'll be the least of the reasons after putting on show a performance at his age with a 18 month gap..

Comment

I think Klitschko has plenty of confidence. I think he's old as f#ck for boxing, gots all the sh^t he ever wanted & more & its not so easy a decision to end your career sometimes as is often a issue with athletes, specifically in boxing where you can quality control your opposition better than in most other sports to prolong the process.

Personally I'm rooting on him retiring. I was never a Klitschko fan & predicted he'd lose against Fury & Joshua, but I felt he redeemed himself with me in putting forth such a valiant effort vs Joshua in one of the best HW title fights I've witnessed & certainly the best in quite awhile. There is no better ending to his career thats probable to go down then the ending he had vs Joshua. It makes his career on a movie level damn near.

Here's to hoping he decides to retire & just enjoys the rest of his days not getting punched in the head & boxing & the HW division specifically can start moving forward to the next generation of fighters as more of the old guard leave the game.

Comment

I'm worried about him taking the fight, but not completely having his heart in it. Couple that with further age and wear and tear and I'm worried he could end up getting badly hurt

Comment

Stop watching a lot of movie kid, there is more to a fight than just showing up in the ring.. Fighters don't eat, breathe, sleep about boxing all the time.. He is 41yrs old, a 10-12 week training camp precedes each fight.. He has also said that he would like to have his farewell fight in the Ukraine.. Boxing is not the only thing he does, he has a mgmt company that he runs & other businesses.. According to Hearn he has time to get back on his decision.. Not confident on beating AJ - that'll be the least of the reasons after putting on show a performance at his age with a 18 month gap..
                He's sooo confident that he's 50/50 LMAO!!!

Comment

He's sooo confident that he's 50/50 LMAO!!!
                  You want to live in a bubble that Wlad is scared of AJ!? You poor soul..

Comment

You want to live in a bubble that Wlad is scared of AJ!? You poor soul..
                    Remember when he fought Fury.. He wanted a rematch immediately and he triggered his rematch cause within a few days of the fight which led to Fury being stripped of the IBF.. remember that? He was so confident he could beat Fury second time round. Now compare that to the way he's acting now.

It's been almost 2 months.. If you really want to fight someone it wouldn't take 2 months to decide whether you want to fight... Just saying!

And he's saying it himself he's 50/50... If your 100% confident you can win you wouldn't be 50/50.

Comment

Working...
                    X