Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Rank not promoting Pac-Bradley III as his last fight; smart move or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Rank not promoting Pac-Bradley III as his last fight; smart move or not?

One would assume Bob promoting this as Pac's last fight would be a good selling point. A few hundred thousand extra PPVs buys at the very least. Some people might not be tempted to buy this fight again, but upon hearing it's the last time they'll ever see Pac live on PPV, they'd be more inclined to do so.

To me it's pretty clear that it is his last fight. Pacquiao said it himself, and says he has no regrets. He's bold in his choice and isn't looking back. He's not even considering pursuing the Mayweather fight again, it wouldn't happen anyway.

Bob Arum on the other hand, believe Pac will continue fighting, probably way past his prime. He looks at Pacquiao and sees dollar signs, not a real person. What do you think?
    Smart move by Arum; Pac might fight again afterwards
    0.00%
    Dumb move by Arum; this is Pac's finale and more will tune in if they knew
    55.56%
    Doesn't matter; the PPV buy rate will stay about the same regardless
    44.44%

smart. Its not like marketing as his last fight will do any significant extra numbers especially with a bradley 3. Now they can keep taht gimmick in the holster for maybe a greater fight.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
      smart. Its not like marketing as his last fight will do any significant extra numbers especially with a bradley 3. Now they can keep taht gimmick in the holster for maybe a greater fight.
      Maybe not to hardcore boxing fans. But to those casuals and Filipinos who only buy Pac fights. I know a couple at work who said they weren't going to buy this "garbage" but once I told them it was his last fight and the last they'll ever see him live, they changed their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
        One would assume Bob promoting this as Pac's last fight would be a good selling point. A few hundred thousand extra PPVs buys at the very least. Some people might not be tempted to buy this fight again, but upon hearing it's the last time they'll ever see Pac live on PPV, they'd be more inclined to do so.

To me it's pretty clear that it is his last fight. Pacquiao said it himself, and says he has no regrets. He's bold in his choice and isn't looking back. He's not even considering pursuing the Mayweather fight again, it wouldn't happen anyway.

Bob Arum on the other hand, believe Pac will continue fighting, probably way past his prime. He looks at Pacquiao and sees dollar signs, not a real person. What do you think?
        Maybe a very impressive win gets Floyd back for the winter rematch who knows....I think he's done because it's only Crawford left at TR after this fight...id like to see that fight as well to pass the torch or end Mannys career with another great win..

Either way, another ATG is nearing the end and there aren't any on the horizon to speak of....

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Maybe a very impressive win gets Floyd back for the winter rematch who knows....I think he's done because it's only Crawford left at TR after this fight...id like to see that fight as well to pass the torch or end Mannys career with another great win..

Either way, another ATG is nearing the end and there aren't any on the horizon to speak of....
          Jesus Christ, Floyd is NOT coming back!

He is retired! He will NEVER fight again no matter how much you guys want to see him. Get it through your head.

Comment

smart

It's an unnecessary rematch.

Promoting a match as the final fight has a multiplier effect. YOu want to save it for a significant bout.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              smart

It's an unnecessary rematch.

Promoting a match as the final fight has a multiplier effect. YOu want to save it for a significant bout.
              He's not going to have a significant bout because this is literally his last fight though....

Comment

top rank believes pacquiao and mayweather have been conspiring to rid themselves of all obligations so they can sell their rematch to the highest bidder.

going to be VERY tough for pacquiao to get a decision. hope he plans on knocking bradley out. we saw how the scores looked the last time he tried to leave TR.

Comment

Jesus Christ, Floyd is NOT coming back!

He is retired! He will NEVER fight again no matter how much you guys want to see him. Get it through your head.
                  I never want to see him trust me...I've wasted enough money on his boring fights.. Money talks though so don't be so sure.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    I never want to see him trust me...I've wasted enough money on his boring fights.. Money talks though so don't be so sure.....
                    The guy is 50 years old worth half a billion dollars. You don't get motivated to get punched in the head for another 150 mil (I say 150 mil because less people will purchase the PPV). That's pocket change.

Comment

Working...
                    X