Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Golden Boy wants to work with HBO, Should Rigondeaux avoid signing with Golden Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Golden Boy wants to work with HBO, Should Rigondeaux avoid signing with Golden Boy

Lets Say Rigondeaux wanted to sign with Golden Boy, I think it would be a bad idea if he did that because Oscar wants to work with HBO, Though I think it doesn't mean he wouldn't work with Showtime, But the point of all of this is that HBO doesn't want any part of Rigondeaux. Would the best decision be for him to sign with Mayweather Promotions, Or should he sign with Warren or Hearn?

I think he should fight exclusively in Miami Florida if he fights in the US, and should then sign with Mayweather Promotions. I don't know what UK Promotional company is the most successful but instead of going to a successful UK company, He should consider going to one that wants him.

Comment

It really depends on what HBO says.

According to Arum, HBO wanted nothing to do with Rigondeaux.
      Now is this because Rigo was demanding to be the headliner? Or because his guarantee purses were too high is what needs to be asked.

If he gets put on undercards and steps on the gas and actually tries to entertain, HBO might reconsider.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
        It really depends on what HBO says.

According to Arum, HBO wanted nothing to do with Rigondeaux.
        Now is this because Rigo was demanding to be the headliner? Or because his guarantee purses were too high is what needs to be asked.

If he gets put on undercards and steps on the gas and actually tries to entertain, HBO might reconsider.
        That is an interesting point of view. But I think they are still butthurt about donaire getting classed out.

Comment

I think he should try to get a deal done with DiBella Entertainment, Gary Shaw Productions or Warriors Boxing where they can get him on ESPN or Showtime and possibly HBO if the fight is big enough for them.

Comment

He should keep his options open since they are very limited atm.

Comment

Is he rumored to be going over to GB?

You think Haymon would sign him up at least for another name on the roster and he doesn't seem wanted by HBO.

Whatever happens hope Rigo ends up in a good situation.

Comment

I know this is a longshot but I wouldn't put it past floyd to help Andre Ward pay the 10 Million to Goosen on the condition that he sign with Mayweather Promotions. That would be Huge, And Mayweather would be able to get him fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                  I know this is a longshot but I wouldn't put it past floyd to help Andre Ward pay the 10 Million to Goosen on the condition that he sign with Mayweather Promotions. That would be Huge, And Mayweather would be able to get him fights.
                  TMT and haymon on sho v GB and arum on HBO is a losing battle for tmt and haymon, I cant see anyway where they would come out on top.

Ward and Rigo who arent great ppv prospects will not save tmt and haymon, imo I think that tmt and haymon will lose this battle by a wide margin.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
                    TMT and haymon on sho v GB and arum on HBO is a losing battle for tmt and haymon, I cant see anyway where they would come out on top.

Ward and Rigo who arent great ppv prospects will not save tmt and haymon, imo I think that tmt and haymon will lose this battle by a wide margin.
                    But it could force other contenders to eventually fight them on their turf meaning Showtime and Mayweather Promotions, Plus when Mayweather retires, lets see how he works with other promotional companies. If Mayweather gets Ward and Rigondeaux plus the Haymon fighters he will likely get when their Golden Boy contracts are up like Broner, Garcia, Wilder, etc, it could be huge for Mayweather, Plus Errol Spence may be with them and he is a future star, Mayweather will have some young talent. As for Ward, I think he would sign with Mayweather promotions for the simple fact that anything is better than where he is currently at right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X