No announcement yet.

Schafer Didnt Show A Lot Of Interest In a Cotto-Alvarez Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schafer Didnt Show A Lot Of Interest In a Cotto-Alvarez Fight

When Lampley asked him he didn't seem to show much interest at all. I think he knows Alvarez is not ready for someone elite like Cotto.

But he's ready for Mayweather before Cotto?
    It seems like he'll get a Mayweather shot before he fights Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      But he's ready for Mayweather before Cotto?
      It seems like he'll get a Mayweather shot before he fights Cotto
      He said he want Alvarez to fight Kirkland, Cotto, and Mayweather. In that order. If he can get by Kirkland, I'd give him a good shot vs. Cotto. However, Cotto would be the favorite.

Comment

They weren't keen on putting him in with Mayweather and Cotto isn't much of a step down. Canelo will be matched against easier opponents than those two.

Comment

Probably doesnt think he's ready yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
            He said he want Alvarez to fight Kirkland, Cotto, and Mayweather. In that order. If he can get by Kirkland, I'd give him a good shot vs. Cotto. However, Cotto would be the favorite.
            If a "feather fisted" Ishida knocked this guy out and a hard puncher like Angulo can knock him down, then I think the patient Canelo can make easy work of Kirkland. Canelo has power but more importantly great patience for his age and won't gas out if they fight. If he wants a meaningful fight, then a Cotto fight makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
              It'll be good then if they fight before the end of the year because it looks like they're angling Khan in for Mayweather in the Fall.
              I see Canelo beating Kirkland but getting hurt. Kirkland's open, but he got that relentless power. Canelo isn't as busy as he should be at some times and Kirkland is the little choo choo train that doesn't stop

Comment

Working...
              X