No announcement yet.

Hopkins has destroyed the HBO Face-Off format

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins has destroyed the HBO Face-Off format

I mean.....how can you top the tour de force that was B-Hop against Pascal in their face off?

Didn't enjoy the Haye vs Wlad one for some reason. I've enjoyed the rest of their press tour (and let's face it, Wlad has punked the **** out of Haye for most of it) but the HBO didn't do much for me. Maybe cos Haye was doing most of the yapping, and I'm just sick of the guy.

They gotta get Carl Froch one of these

manny vs marquez face off will be boring

ortiz vs floyd might be a little entertaining

but cotto vs margarito will be the best face hbo face off!! it will be so intense

but yea so far pascal hopkins definitely is the best one

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post

but cotto vs margarito will be the best face hbo face off!! it will be so intense

Holy crap...if they do a face-off, it's going to be a very tense moment when Kellerman starts dropping questions.

What a terrific idea from HBO. At first, it was meh. But there's good potential in these short segments with fighters who are known to hate each other.

Imagine Carl Froch/Joe Calzaghe (if Calzaghe were still active).

Mayweather/Pacquiao (Mayweather talking trash at Pacquiao)

Khan/Bradley (Khan calling Bradley a ducker)

Martínez/Chavez, Jr. (Chavez, Jr. crying, "¡Por favor, no me lastimes!")

But seriously, there are seriously good face-offs that can be made with certain fighters. I'm sure you could throw Gamboa in there with Broner in the future when Gamboa eventually moves up to 130.

Comment

I agree,give froch one!

Comment

Originally posted by NutsInTheyFace View Post
          I mean.....how can you top the tour de force that was B-Hop against Pascal in their face off?

Didn't enjoy the Haye vs Wlad one for some reason. I've enjoyed the rest of their press tour (and let's face it, Wlad has punked the **** out of Haye for most of it) but the HBO didn't do much for me. Maybe cos Haye was doing most of the yapping, and I'm just sick of the guy.

Carl would be awesome. Mentally, that guy is between confident and delusional. It would make a great face-off.

Comment

Originally posted by NutsInTheyFace View Post

hell yea!!!!...Froch would be REALLY entertaining on a "Face Off"...dude is P4P the BEST talker in the game imo!!...and not to mention he backs it up as well...Froch is a real bad ass...dude is the truth!!

Comment

Yeah Bhop owns the Face Off. The Haye and Klitschko one sucked IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                Yeah Bhop owns the Face Off. The Haye and Klitschko one sucked IMO.
                Haye seemed shook imo...he didn't help sale the fight the way he's capable of doing in my eyes...he didn't put his foot down like real villian is supposed to...he half-stepped

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post

Cotto vs Margarito won't have a faceoff

the fight will probably be on showtime

Comment

Lol, I agree. Hopkins was so entertaining, and so was Pascal.

I have a feeling the Mayweather Ortiz one is gonna be very interesting though. Ortiz has that "California dude" attitude that can easily get on anybody's nerves. Floyd has a short temper too. Should be fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X