Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Brooks team plan was to get him out of there at the first sign of trouble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brook gave up before he could get laid out.
    I thought he was dropped in the 3rd sky conveniently didnt show the replay

Comment

the fight was a total sham/con job

they planned to pull him out within 6

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        If there were pictures of Brook lying flat on his back like Khan, he'd be a meme instead of being called courageous.
        which is why they threw in the towel

brook in reality quit, he kept looking at his corner while touching his eye

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          When does getting a broken orbital by getting punched in the face during a boxing match constitute a freak injury ?????

This freak injury sh.it is the dumbest sh.it I keep reading

Listen man for me I just think Brook and his team didn't do anything out of the ordinary. He got hurt he looked for a way out. Cool it happens all the time in boxing. But your lieing to yourself if you think Brook went out like a G,he just went out

Rosado face was falling apart every time his corner or Dr asked if he was good he said yeah he wanted to continue, kept on fighting until the end he went above and beyond that's why he gets credit to me. paulie broke his orbital against Cotto finished the fight again going above and beyond what should be expected

Sh.it Algieri blew out his eye against Ruslan got up finished and won the fight, got beat from pillar to post against Pac had every opprotunity to quit kept on trucking till the end. For me Those type of performances should be given credit even in defeat.

Brook getting pummelled and hurt then pulling the plug , while It's understandable and I'm not saying Brooks a b.itch or anything but it isn't anything special and its not the type of performance people are making it out to be

If we did glove up and you broke my orbital and I quit, it's to be expected and understandable but if I kept going then you should probably be giving me props because I Went above and beyond and continued when I could/should have quit
          And now Rosado is a gate keeper. He might have been a better fighter he wasn't kept in for the prolonged beating.

Its one thing to let Kell in there and gut it out with a WW, but your first fight at middleweight, against a guy that Darnell Boone says hits harder than Kovalev, who fractured your skull already. Letting him fight on, is not smart for his career.

I think Brook avoided enough punishment, and they pulled him out right when he was about to start taking a serious beating. Sparing him much ringwear, and saving him to fight another day.

He proved his skills, proved he can take a hell of a punch and has the balls to keep to his game plan when someone like GGG hits him.

He still has plenty of upside. If he can make it back to 147 (doubtful) I would pick him to beat anyone.

If he fights Khan at 154 (probable considering they just made a move up to 160), he fold Khan easily.

If Canelo fights him at 154, Id pick Brook to win vs the cement footed ginger.

Comment

You should start thinking less. Doesn't work well for you.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              And now Rosado is a gate keeper. He might have been a better fighter he wasn't kept in for the prolonged beating.

Its one thing to let Kell in there and gut it out with a WW, but your first fight at middleweight, against a guy that Darnell Boone says hits harder than Kovalev, who fractured your skull already. Letting him fight on, is not smart for his career.

I think Brook avoided enough punishment, and they pulled him out right when he was about to start taking a serious beating. Sparing him much ringwear, and saving him to fight another day.

He proved his skills, proved he can take a hell of a punch and has the balls to keep to his game plan when someone like GGG hits him.

He still has plenty of upside. If he can make it back to 147 (doubtful) I would pick him to beat anyone.

If he fights Khan at 154 (probable considering they just made a move up to 160), he fold Khan easily.

If Canelo fights him at 154, Id pick Brook to win vs the cement footed ginger.
              I don't know if Rosado would have been much more than that regardless , I think that he showed such heart against Gennady that is what propelled him to continue to get the opportunities he's been given. If he buckled or quit the first sign of trouble he would most likely be written off just like countless other fighters

I agree with your second paragraph to a extent I'm not saying it would have been the smartest thing for his career but he knew what he was up against and by the end of the 4th he had already mentally checked out and was waiting for his team to throw in the towel. I think his actions from 2:30 on prove that he knew they'd throw in the towel so he wouldn't have to quit

As far as beating everyone at WW. I don't know about that I think this fight proved Brook had a advantage against other WW because he was so much bigger he could be a bully. I'd be amazed if he went back down there though, if they fought I'm still picking Spence & Thurman to beat Brook

As far as Khan,your right at 154 Brook probably folds him but why would Khan go up to that weight and basically have to fight another fighter the size of Canelo again we saw what happend . Khan has moved up multiple divisions to get to WW, Brook boils down to get there not really the fairest fight

As far as Canelo Id love that fight , your probably right again , I ve always doubted Canelos hype but that fight is a fight between 2 evenly sized men and Brook won't be able to bully his way through and if Canelo can catch him with a couple of of his atom bomb punches, I wouldn't be suprised if Brook decided he didn't want anymore

Comment

Working...
              X