Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Fury Fight Nearly Done; 'Way Bigger' Than Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    So are you saying Finkel is giving Fury 50 Million , or splitting 50 Million with them ? lol

You do realise the 50 Million was money being generated by Joshua right ?

No , the fight will happen bc Wilder did not sign the contract he agreed to and Fury not being the A side here which will let Finkel run things .

How are you guys going to justify Wilder making less than 15 Million in this fight if that happens is also going to be good comedy bc anything less is Crackhead money , right ?
    It will be interesting to see what Wilder's take dollar wise is in this fight. If it is only $15 million and he wins then the rest of his fights will be for comparable compensation which is a big gain for him. Also, there is still the Joshua fight and if Wilder is making $15 million or more fighting these other guys then there is no way he'll fight Joshua for that amount. The end result is that Wilder will make several very good purses and one substantially improved one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      "Wilder isn’t worried, either, that he’ll be criticized for facing Fury in just the third bout of his comeback from a 2½-year layoff that followed his upset of Klitschko (64-5, 53 KOs)."

He shouldn't be worried. Joshua fought an older man (Wlad: 41, Fury: 29), coming off a 2 yr. layoff, and coming off a loss to Fury, without any tune-up bouts in between!
      Salient point!

Comment

• I am looking forward to the fight. But it will be interesting to see the effect 10$ DAZN has on the US PPV market. Especially with stacked October show in Chicago (with fellow traveller BJS on card).

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus View Post
          Difference is Wladimir was a model professional that was incredibly disciplined and fighting fight at all times... let’s not also forget that the only reason he was that inactive was because Fury pulled out of their fight, at a stage where he would have already been in camp.

Fury on the other hand took years off, ballooned to obesity and continually sounded and acted as if he was off of his head at most times.

Not remotely comparable situations.
          Wladimir is an extremely disciplined man. Ex-military officer, at least one doctorate degree and speaks five languages. I would think he is far more disciplined than not only fury but Joshua and Wilder as well and also about 99.9% of all other professional fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
            Ironic really as they are quite literally travellers! Can’t imagine too many have passports, but you never know.

Hope this one comes off. I won’t believe Fury is in anything like in the right sort of shape to beat a top level guy, but if by some miracle he is, then Wilder will be in trouble. The Tyson of old is the best boxer at heavyweight by some distance. If the angles, feints, footwork are all there I’m not sure I can see Wilder dealing with it (against a bigger man too). But Wilder does have that equaliser!

Most likely outcome I see is a KO for Wilder, that’ll be widely discredited when Fury says he was out of shape and immediately retires after the fight ��
            Wilder is a much better boxer than he is given credit for being. He gets a little wild and crazy when he has his opponent in trouble because he is so eager to finish it off. Wilder is also extremely quick and athletic which is why Fury who handled Klitchko well will not be able to do the same against Wilder. It is always styles that make the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
              Salient point!
              Thank you kind sir!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
                Very good point. Wlad looked in incredible shape!
                What people don't seem to get is that as a person ages they lose quickness and their reflexes deteriorate. An older fighter can be in fantastic shape and health and still lose to a younger fighter they would have beat two or three years earlier. The history of boxing is replete with examples. Same principle applies to other sports as well and explains why older athletes are cut and replaced with younger ones. AGE COUNTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                  Listen, the sad thing is no one cares about all that...

Your casual fans (who you need to sell to make $$$) don't know what lineal champ means, they don't know the belts mean...they don't care.

To sell money in boxing you need to sell the individual and nothing else.

People are attracted to something spectacular. Say Wilder's wild KOs (I'm still scratching my head at how poorly he has been marketed all this time).

You can sell AJ because he's sculpted like Adonis and people like that ****.

Look at Francis Ngannou in UFC, people went bananas for him and the man can't fight. But he looked the part, and knocked some guys out of the cage in spectacular fashion.

You can sell Canelo because he's a peculiar Mexican and Mexicans get behind their boxers because its engraved in their culture.

The Klitschko's did a good job of affiliating with the Germans and sold stadiums there because they wanted to see them fight.

Mayweather understood this better than anyone and because the guy that the majority hated and wanted to see him loose.

But with Fury and Wilder no one cares about the back story...

Who wants to see some fat anglo white guy against a no one knows bird legs Wilder from Alabama...People will look at them two and laugh.

Those two just look bad....they don't look like "fighters", they aren't popular.

I'm all for this fight, and I hope I am wrong on all accounts, but that's just it. No one cares about belts and titles other than us here.

For boxing to become popular again they need to build brands in these fighters, and that means heavy marketing and developing a style that the fans like.

Even Loma and Usyk have admitted that unless you bring out excitement in people to see you fight, no one will want to watch you, so they are consciously trying to put on a show.
                  Your dislike for Fury and Wilder comes across loud and clear and I think you are wrong about boxing fans having no interest in them. Bottom line is that for boxing to sell it has to be entertaining and Fury and Wilder do know how to entertain. Both are good at it outside the ring and Wilder delivers it in side the ring; action, Drama, and suspense. When you watch a Wilder fight you know he's gonna win but you're always worried that maybe he won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    Klitschko seemed hesitant to let his hands go. Fury landed 95 punches in 12 rounds. They barely engaged.

As for Wilder's balance, I think he will be thinking about winning rounds over landing a highlight reel KO shot as has gotten him in trouble in the past. He really could win the fight on work rate alone given his superior conditioning. Even the old Fury tired late in fights.
                    That's what happens to an aging fighter, they can't let there hands go, just can't seem to pull the trigger. Happens quick too, a fighter can look fantastic and then the next time they fight they look shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
                      I agree with with everything apart from AJ being frozen out...the winner of this WILL fight AJ because all three want the same thing, to be unified undisputed champion, they have to get in the ring with AJ (unless AJ loses to Povetkin, which I can't see happening). That will be a huuuuuge money spinner because whoever wins out of Wilder/Fury will have some serious weight to bring to the table (Belt/Lineal Title). If its Wilder, it will sell like crazy on both sides of the pond.

On another note, there will be some really tasty matchups on all of the undercards! What would people want to see?
                      Maybe Spence and Garcia or Crawford verses Loma. I'm sure they will have a couple of great undercards to support the Main Event.

Comment

Working...
                      X