Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Without Me Wilder Would Fight Some Bum For $1 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    It takes two to tango, Fury needs Wilder like Wilder needs Fury. Look how much attention this event has with Wilder being there.
    This^^^^^^

Nobody does it on their own, you need a credible opponent on the opposite side to make an event

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
      The greed is starting to backfire for Deontay Wilder.
      Win or lose this guy will become the laughing stock of the division.
      Fury is not even joking.
      Who would Wilder fight for $3 mil without these Brits?
      Greed??? What Greed??? Wilder is fighting the guys that have the name recognition to get Joshua in the ring,he can only fight the guys that agree to fight him, no HWs in the in the US have the name to fight Wilder at this stage of his career. Joshua has the other belts Fury name is big and he is undefeated so who else is he gonna fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Zodogg View Post
        Greed??? What Greed??? Wilder is fighting the guys that have the name recognition to get Joshua in the ring,he can only fight the guys that agree to fight him, no HWs in the in the US have the name to fight Wilder at this stage of his career. Joshua has the other belts Fury name is big and he is undefeated so who else is he gonna fight.
        All Wilder had to do was sign the damn contract.
        Instead, it took him and his team weeks to respond.
        What was Hearn supposed to do?
        Let his fighter lose one of his titles while these clowns didn't know what to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
          Better then...
          You should go back watching their documentaries.
          If that's gonna make you happy.
          Boxing has many more divisions, with many great boxers! 126-160 is loaded! I'm good!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourrun View Post
            sparring sessions are paid in advance.
            😂😂😂😂😂......

Comment

I still doubt that Fury Vs Wilder will happen this year, maybe next year...MAYBE.

The biggest question is why would Fury want to fight Wilder so soon after making his comeback with only having a couple of tune up fights?

My theory is that Fury's mental state is more fragile than we are led to believe and that he could go off the rails again at any moment. He could have also spent all of his money from the Klitschko fight on drugs, fast cars and booze or whatever and he desperately needs the money.

I think we'll get an indication tonight whether he is serious or not. If he's just come back for the money Pianeta could K.O him, it's unlikely but...

Comment

Talk than s.hit Fury unlike that stiff robot you are willing to get KTFO by Wilder!

Comment

wilder will be all squeaky bum that fury actually looks half way decent in this fight, if he still looks like crap....... oh dear even the converted will be wondering about the next fight

i cant wait for fury to get ko'ed by wilder, i hate stunts like this one, they never come off, u dont go from coke head fattie overkill no fights to a contender again in two staged farces, yep thats what they are

there is fit and then fighting fit, fury is nowhere near either

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    Why is it a shame? Boxing has many structural issues that has led to it's sharp decline in general popularity here. Only an exceptional character/fighter like Floyd could garner the public's attention despite the b.s. in boxing.

The big fights here still out earn anything the European market has ever seen. When boxing gets out of its own way, this market is still the one that makes true fortunes for fighters. Just look at the money Canelo and GGG generated and will generate in a few weeks. Their live gate was around $30 million and the PPV was $110 million. (That's $85 million for the fighters to split btw) That's what we do here when there's a true fight on the line. As big as AJ is there, his fights have a ceiling of about $50 million in total revenue (live gate and PPV). America is still the place where boxing makes it's money.

Fury v. Wilder could be a decent success and pull a live gate of $10 - $15 million and generate PPV revenue of $20 - $30 million (or 300k - 600k in PPV buys). It's just a different level here. We don't need 1000 drunk people in a lobby to show we support boxing lol We do it with our wallets when appropriate.
                    I can’t see the fight doing 300-600k PPV buys. Maybe 350k tops. Even AJ vs Wilder would struggle to do 500 PPV buys. I only say that because you can not get a more competitive fight than Ward vs Kovalev and genuine needle between both fighters yet it only done 170 k buys.

I think the American PPV market is very temperamental at the moment so nowthat I have predicted it won’t do 350k watch it now break the 2 million mark

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                      I can’t see the fight doing 300-600k PPV buys. Maybe 350k tops. Even AJ vs Wilder would struggle to do 500 PPV buys. I only say that because you can not get a more competitive fight than Ward vs Kovalev and genuine needle between both fighters yet it only done 170 k buys.

I think the American PPV market is very temperamental at the moment so nowthat I have predicted it won’t do 350k watch it now break the 2 million mark
                      Absolutely no one knew either of those guys outside of boxing fans. And still don't. Despite the nonsense posted here, Wilder has a casual following. Evidenced by his TV ratings on Showtime.

Comment

Working...
                      X