Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we agree that Ward's Lowblows changed the course of the Kovalev fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Kovalev was wilting from legal bodyshots.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      The answer is NO. Protect yourself at all times, especially your balls!
      no they didnt change the fight, but you're saying they were ball punches??? so basically, lowblows should be legal and there should be no warnings/point deductions/5 minutes to recover for illegal tactics. is that what you're saying?

Comment

Of course it didn't. Some people are still in denial I see.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
          no they didnt change the fight, but you're saying they were ball punches??? so basically, lowblows should be legal and there should be no warnings/point deductions/5 minutes to recover for illegal tactics. is that what you're saying?
          Kovalev was rabbit punching all night long.
          Stop crying...he got his ass whipped.

Thoses a far more dangerous fouls than low blows.

Rabbit punches have put fighters in comas....I don't recall low blows putting a guy in an assisted living facility.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
            not to tread over old ground but its ridiculous how that has been revised to be some dominant, conclusive win for ward. Low blows are illegal shots for a reason, cause they ****ing hurt. Whether people like it or not, they arent legal. To end the fight with a shot like that is beyond a joke. I watched highlights on skysports annual show with family over xmas, and they assumed that when the ref stepped in to stop the fight that they were stopping it to disqualify ward. They dont know much about boxing but thats the logical assumption, that you are going to penalise someone for an illegal shot. Yet on here, we've got the resident experts calling kovalev 'wards son' and raving about the performance. This is coming from supposedly respectable posters too. A fight got ended by someone getting punched in the balls, thats the fact of the matter. By wards standards he fought fairly clean in the 1st fight and struggled so i'd imagine these were deliberate tactics for the rematch. Boxings better off without him.
            Again, due to your inability to view anything even remotely related to Andre Ward with even a sliver of objectivity, your opinion means less than nothing. Remember your the low life scumbag that posted that Ward was a wife beater and claimed to have the links to back it up. When pressed repeatedly for those links, you produced ZERO!

Does your hero (GGG) ducking Ward really hurt your pride this much?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              True....

He also wilted when Ward came out fighting right-handed.

He wasn't ready for that.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
                No. Lowblows are illegal and should be treated very seriously. Intentional ones should get an Auto-DQ, no questions asked. I was joking a little there. What I was trying to say is, protect all parts of your body at all times.

Once I can understand, but for repeated lowblows, you should give them back equally, or even harder.

Never ever rely on a ref if it's more than once. Hit him right back in the balls. That's what I meant. I wouldn't hesitate it if someone hit me low repeatedly, intentionally.

Protect yourself at all times doesn't exclude the balls.

I didn't see repeated lowblows in Ward-Kovalev. Many vicious body punches, with a few stray ones. Lowblows didn't determine that fight for me, Ward's skills and heart did.

Kovalev wasn't a saint in that fight, either.
                Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 01-06-2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Yes of course those low blows changed the fight. Weeks wrongly stopped the fight on several very low blows when he should have been warning Ward about hitting below the belt and giving Kovalev 5 minutes to recover from low blows.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    I guess the body is located on the nuts

Weeks like I dind see nuffin J prince broke me off

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Yes of course those low blows changed the fight. Weeks wrongly stopped the fight on several very low blows when he should have been warning Ward about hitting below the belt and giving Kovalev 5 minutes to recover from low blows.
                      Nah...that didn't change **** and you know it.

Kovalev just isn't tough...he can dish it out but he can't take it.

He throws his punches and clears out just like Bivol...to avoid any action on the inside.

Ward came out right-handed instead of lefty and Kovalev didn't have a clue.

Stop making excuses for the big puncher that was rabbit punching all night.

Comment

Working...
                      X