Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse To Critics: Put on Gloves, Get To Where I Am!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matthysse To Critics: Put on Gloves, Get To Where I Am!

Lucas Matthysse (37-4, 34KOs) has returned back home to Argentina after his knockout loss to the Ukrainian Viktor Postol on Saturday night at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.

Matthysse lost out in his second attempt to capture the WBC junior welterweight championship.

During the tenth round, Matthysse caught a punch to his left eye and went down. He stayed down on a knee as the referee counted him out.

After the fight was over, Matthysse told media members that he was temporarily blinded and thought his eye had suffered serious damage. His vision returned a moment after being counted out.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      I still like lucas style. Postol is great boxer, cant a be a fan a clincher though.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
        I still like lucas style. Postol is great boxer, cant a be a fan a clincher though.
        Im still a fan of Lucas. I dont like quitting though. He will bounce back with a big win. Gotta hate on him a little just because he did quit.

Comment

Comment

Im still a fan of Lucas. I dont like quitting though. He will bounce back with a big win. Gotta hate on him a little just because he did quit.
            No you don't gotta hate on him at all. I'm not a fan of Lucas, never have been. However, he thought that he just sustained a life changing injury. He's the one who has to go on living a life after boxing is over. Once you've had your entertainment, you get to go on with your life like nothing happened; he doesn't. If he went blind permanently, are you gonna be there to help him provide for his family? Grow up.

Comment

He's right, of course. Unbelievable how much shit a true warrior has to take from a bunch of couch potatoes

Comment

Originally posted by fightfanjoe View Post
                No you don't gotta hate on him at all. I'm not a fan of Lucas, never have been. However, he thought that he just sustained a life changing injury. He's the one who has to go on living a life after boxing is over. Once you've had your entertainment, you get to go on with your life like nothing happened; he doesn't. If he went blind permanently, are you gonna be there to help him provide for his family? Grow up.
                Well if thats the case he dont need to be a fighter. A guy who comes from a family of fighters...I expect him to know that. You know what you signed up for the minute you get in the ring. The second you lace up. Anything can happen and your life is on the line. So if he thinks along those line than he dont need to box anymore. He did the same shlt with Garcia. He just coasted to 12. Luckily it was Garcia. If you condone fighters who quit thats cool. I see you the type who'd get punched in the face and run like a bltch.

Comment

Its only from classless Broner fans anyway sat here gloating like beating a guy coming off a 2 yr lay off for a plastic belt actually means something.
                  I'd rather every fighter I supported quit than support that t0sser.

Comment

Well if thats the case he dont need to be a fighter. A guy who comes from a family of fighters...I expect him to know that. You know what you signed up for the minute you get in the ring. The second you lace up. Anything can happen and your life is on the line. So if he thinks along those line than he dont need to box anymore. He did the same shlt with Garcia. He just coasted to 12. Luckily it was Garcia. If you condone fighters who quit thats cool. I see you the type who'd get punched in the face and run like a bltch.
                    Whoa. Tough guy huh? Its pretty obvious that you're not a fighter and have never competed at anything but sucking dick.

Comment

Working...
                    X