No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather= American, Black Joe Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanillacoke View Post
    The difference is Floyd Mayweather's resume is by FAR alot better than Calzaghes resume.

Floyd Mayweather has beaten:

Shane Mosley
    Oscar De La Hoya
    Ricky Hatton
    Juan Manuel Marquez
    Diego Corrales
    Arturo Gatti
    Jose Luis Castillo
    Zab Judah

Calzaghe has beaten:

Mikkel Kessler
    Jeff Lacy
    Chris Eubank
    Bernard Hopkins
    Roy Jones Jr(who was 40 years old and totally shot)

Lol it's not even close. Floyd Mayweather>>>>>>>>>>Joe Calslappy

The only people who actually think Calzaghe was a great fighter are the Brits. Calzaghe is a NOBODY in the U.S.
    Calzaghe is the best SMW of all TIME. But that division has a pretty weak history

Didnt Calzaghe have a controversial win against a 40year old Hopkins and I think { Im not sure } that david reid guy?

Floyds resume is much more stronger than Calzaghes.. a lot stronger. The TS said Mayweathers win over De la Hoya and Mosley are equivalent to Cals wins over hopkins and Jones

Well no.. De la hoya at 154 was a dangerous fight. Mosley was the top dog at 147 and wasnt supposed to be done at all

Comment

I am an extreme PBF hater - There is absolutely nothing i like about the man, his talents are top tier. But none the less i truly truly hate him and everything he stands for...

After saying that....

Joe Calzaghe wouldn't be allowed to wash PBF's jock strap in my book...

Just my opinion... This is a rediculous comparison...

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
        Calzaghe is the best SMW of all TIME. But that division has a pretty weak history

Didnt Calzaghe have a controversial win against a 40year old Hopkins and I think { Im not sure } that david reid guy?

Floyds resume is much more stronger than Calzaghes.. a lot stronger. The TS said Mayweathers win over De la Hoya and Mosley are equivalent to Cals wins over hopkins and Jones

Well no.. De la hoya at 154 was a dangerous fight. Mosley was the top dog at 147 and wasnt supposed to be done at all
        to be honest those were'nt contraversial if you actually watch them

it's just the devoted calzaghe haters and bhop fans that thought he lost those fight

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
          Joe Calzaghe is a perfect parallel to Mayweather. Hopkins and RJJ are both first ballot HOFers. But do you give Joe Calzaghe credit for his wins over them? Nope. Floyd is undefeated you say? So is Joe. Unlike Floyd Joe doesn't have a controversial loss(Castillo). Joe is also 46-0. Floyd's got some catching up to do.

Hopkins and RJJ are the DLH and Mosley of Mayweather's resume. Take those 2 away. Mayweather does not have a single HOFer on his resume that he fought in their weight class.
          The *****s here will never admit Joe is better than Floyd.

Burner and LarryX are the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
            The *****s here will never admit Joe is better than Floyd.

Burner and LarryX are the worst.
            I think floyd is better but like most people in the US I haven't seen enough of joe's fights or know enough about his opponents. It's just hard for me to give him much credit without knowing enough to base it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashis Clay View Post
              to be honest those were'nt contraversial if you actually watch them

it's just the devoted calzaghe haters and bhop fans that thought he lost those fight
              They were very close which could have gone either way? Well thats what i thought of bhop bout. I didnt see reid bout.

Mayweather is light years ahead of calzaghe.. skill and resume

Comment

They were very close which could have gone either way? Well thats what i thought of bhop bout. I didnt see reid bout.

Mayweather is light years ahead of calzaghe.. skill and resume

LOL @ this post.

Floyd fans can not defend Floyd's subpar resume. So they just say he's MORE SKILLED. HE"S LIGHT YEARS AHEAD!

Nobody has addressed my posts revealing te facts. Floyd has NEVER beaten a HOFer in their prime.

Period.

Dude is a fraud.

Comment

LOL @ this post.

Floyd fans can not defend Floyd's subpar resume. So they just say he's MORE SKILLED. HE"S LIGHT YEARS AHEAD!

Nobody has addressed my posts revealing te facts. Floyd has NEVER beaten a HOFer in their prime.

Period.

Dude is a fraud.
                  And thats why hes the CASH COW

Comment

LOL @ this post.

Period.

Dude is a fraud.
                    I addressed it in the 2nd post. All you did was say no! If this site and others hold Castillo and Hernandez in high esteem and you say no just to make an argument what is the point in going back and forth. we get it.

You hate floyd and as such, will not objectively review his resume. If anyone points out why they think you are wrong you just go against every reputable opinion on HOF fighters and say"they are not in prime" . Cool.

Comment

And thats why hes the CASH COW
                      LMAO. See this is the exact type of **** I'm talking about. No substantial discussion about his actual record. Just believing the hype like the mindless sheeps this board is infested with.

He's the cashcow just like Whitaker was the draw that brought over 100K attendance to see him fight Julio Caesar Chavez.

Honestly though, Mayweather is the last great American boxer. I believe the Americans really get behind their own. Even though he's not dynamic and he's kind of a social outcast.

People will not revere him in the future. He will be remembered an over-hyped cherry-picker.

ESPN Classic Boxing will not replay any of his fights as they have no replay value. Every time the public spends money to watch him fight.... he stinks out the joint. Sure you can say the public is stupid or whatever but the reality is this......... he is a BORING FIGHTER TO WATCH. period.

Comment

Working...
                      X