No announcement yet.

The U.S. economy is on a roll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
    No it isn't. The real unemployment rate is around 20%.
    Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    If you have a source for that, I'd be interested in reading it.

If you do not, please don't gum up my threads with unfounded claims in the future.

Thank you.
    Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    Real numbers please

Thank you
    https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-t...t-rate-3306198

Comment

From your source:

In May 2018, the real unemployment rate (U-6) was 7.6 percent.

So the claim made by 5burowz that it was "around 20%" was complete nonsense.

I figured as such, and I thank you for proving I was indeed correct on that.

Comment

It won't go far

End of the day everyone will get hurt so no one wants it

BUT everyone will get hurt slightly more than the usa AND everyone's economy is not big and strong enough to recover as good as the USA

EU and Canada and Mexico will fold eventually, as long as the usa don't fold first

Which is possible with the ******* we have in Congress
        Our 3 trillion dollar deficit + the trade war will cause our next recession. It wont be as bad as our last 1 and it wont effect housing the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Our 3 trillion dollar deficit + the trade war will cause our next recession. It wont be as bad as our last 1 and it wont effect housing the same way.
          That's all conjecture, of course. So I'll give my take.

I don't think tariffs will cause a recession. They will likely cause prices to be higher on certain imported goods, although this should be temporary.

Then capitalism will kick in and American companies will start making the same stuff here and they will be immune to the tariffs, and thus cheaper than imported goods.

So in the long run we get prices back where they were (or lower), and we get many, many new jobs making stuff Americans buy.

That's how a win-win works, and you get alot of those when you take power away from the government and give it back to the people and the businesses they run.

Comment

From your source:

In May 2018, the real unemployment rate (U-6) was 7.6 percent.

So the claim made by 5burowz that it was "around 20%" was complete nonsense.

I figured as such, and I thank you for proving I was indeed correct on that.

https://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com...omic-recovery/

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/10/news...rce/index.html

Comment

Racist

Give Barry the credit he deserves

If his policies hadn't stagnated our economic recovery, the economic growth we see in the future wouldn't look as good

Kind of like bringing your bro who looks like Michael Moore to the club with ya...

Comment

From said source:

However, John Williams of shadowstats.com continues to estimate this rate and places it at 22 or 23 percent, a far cry from 4.1 percent.

You have to do better than one guy's estimate.

I admit to perusing it quickly (as it was chock full of ads), but I didn't see a 20% figure cited.

Comment

From said source:

However, John Williams of shadowstats.com continues to estimate this rate and places it at 22 or 23 percent, a far cry from 4.1 percent.

You have to do better than one guy's estimate.

I admit to perusing it quickly (as it was chock full of ads), but I didn't see a 20% figure cited.

Rest assured that it is around 20%.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
                    Rest assured that it is around 20%.
                    And yet you can cite no proof of that.

Saying it over and over doesn't make it true.

But it does beg the question; what was the 'real' number under Obama according to this Williams guy?

I'd like to know that so we can see an apples to apples comparison using your source.

So please, cite his figures on that.

Let's see where the chips fall.....

Comment

Working...
                    X