No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Explains Why DAZN Venture Can't Be Compared To PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
    It's 20 bucks in Canada. It will be less in the USA. everything in Canada costs more. I expect anywhere from 10-15 bucks.
    Ah that's cool. What would it take for you to subscribe?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Even people who stream, like to stream things off their massive TVs.

I think you underestimate how many people watch a TV set.

I had Netflix, Hulu and Amazon. Now I just watch Netflix, I never watched the other two.

But I still have satellite with just about every channel possible.

Its like when people said years ago that PCs and Laptops were dying and tablets and cell phones were the future.

Now PC and laptop sales have actually been up the last few years - and mostly due to streaming and gaming (and other tech related things) because nobody wants to do things all day on a small cell or tablet. My PC screen is 50 inches so I like screens big.
      Show off

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
        Without sponsorship and gate, that is 6.2 million subscribers needed.
        What are you talking about? They aren't even selling it yet or got a price yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          Most major networks already stream content. Fox and CBS are two of them. DAZN success in boxing will depend solely on their ability to lure fighters to Matchroom or other promotions that will sign deals to fight exclusively on DAZN. It will be tough with PBC and ESPN having success.
          I dig PBC but have they had any real success? They've been around 3yrs & still don't got any on paper deal.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            This could just as easily cause SHO to increase their budget to keep Haymon's stable.

This could just as easily cause UFC to increase their budget to get Haymon's stable.

Haymon still has all the power here. He has the US talent. Whether it's Showtime, FOX, UFC, DAZN or whoever else, only Haymon has an army of American world champions who aren't locked up by anybody.

And it's hard to overbid for one specific fighter because Haymon has a war chest that allows him to match any offer.
            gaymon needs to get the fuk out the idiot wasted half a billion and has nothing to show for it. pbc failed to bring the sport back to the mainstream and crashed and burned pretty quickly lol. only a matter of time before fighters go with somebody else.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Even people who stream, like to stream things off their massive TVs.

I think you underestimate how many people watch a TV set.
              The radio used to be the "TV set" of a household. Things change.

The biggest reality with streaming content that they aren't really producing much now of is of the customized version of it. Like TR does a lil with their shows. Like the UFC does with their watch either corner between rds thing + alternate commentary. You can't do that with broadcast TV & thats one of the big reasons broadcast TV will be dead in a decade or two (or maybe just like radio is now vs TV cuz you could be onto something & maybe some people stick with "regular TV").

When you can fully customize your viewing experience with live events & eventually movies, or as I suspect they will, you'll see critical mass reached with cord cutting & people flipping to streaming.

Comment

I think it can be compared to PBC in that it's going to be a tremendous waste of money and yield little in the way of positive results.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack. View Post
                  It can't do worse than PBC surely.
                  Again, if So Haymon were Caucasian you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how OFF was the best thing that ever happened to boxing.

You can change your moniker but it's still the same ole racist Dummyshow.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I dig PBC but have they had any real success? They've been around 3yrs & still don't got any on paper deal.
                    At this point, I don't think having a singular network deal is wise. Only because PBC doesn't have a true star yet. I'd wait for Spence to get bigger and maybe try and poach Stevenson from Top Rank before signing an exclusive deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                      At this point, I don't think having a singular network deal is wise. Only because PBC doesn't have a true star yet. I'd wait for Spence to get bigger and maybe try and poach Stevenson from Top Rank before signing an exclusive deal.
                      You think Shakur moves the needle? I doubt he's going anywhere anyway doe.

So what you are mainly saying is you think they need a name (or two or three) to help sell this deal better basically if I'm understanding you right?

Comment

Working...
                      X