Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"stand in the middle of the ring, don't run..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "stand in the middle of the ring, don't run..

- errol spence

what's your take on that?. i thought he was mr. fundamentals, why is he asking brook that when we all that is not kell's style?

i wonder what floyd fans think of this considering that's exactly what a lot of jr's opponent have asked complained about, that "he runs"

before you get your panties in a bunch, i'm slightly leaning towards spence to get the victory but i'm also asking if " he's just another jeff lacy,or maybe andre berto in the making..

discuss..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVLWbM6gd2M

Comment

could somebody please attach the video , forgot how to do it

Comment

We'll find out who spence is. You all need to just calm down, we have 3 days

Comment

Anything before the fight is just talk, and psychology plays into that. In saying, "Don't run" he might not be asking something of Brook, but rather sending him a message that he's going to be the aggressor. That he thinks Brook will run once he feels what Spence has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Anything before the fight is just talk, and psychology plays into that. In saying, "Don't run" he might not be asking something of Brook, but rather sending him a message that he's going to be the aggressor. That he thinks Brook will run once he feels what Spence has to offer.
            that's one interpretation.. other could be " if brook boxes, it's gonna be a way tougher fight for him"

Comment

He knows he's in for a tougher night for him if Brook uses movement and counters. He wants Brook to stand and trade.

Comment

Spence is already conceding the footspeed. he knows brook has faster feet. lol

Comment

I like the animosity. These two want to destroy each other. That's what great fights are made of. Well, we can hope anyway.

My take is that the racist Mayweather fans(and this is not all Mayweather fans) like Spence for two reasons. He's black and he's American. So they wouldn't want him to be talking about anybody running since many knock Mayweather for that as do I but as runners go, he wasn't the worst. I do recall two guys at work the day after the Mayweather-Mosley fight saying that the fight turned into a track meet after two rounds and they were Mayweather fans.

In the end, most people want to see a fight. No matter how brave a guy is or what kind of smack he might talk before the fight, if he's using movement 90% of the time and punching 10% of the time, it looks weak. I think this is usually what is meant by the term "running." It doesn't mean flat out running but it means, "Let's put on a great fight and give the crowd their money's worth." This isn't a Ward fight in Oakland. This will actually have a big crowd looking for action. Give it to them!

I believe they both will bring it, but Brook will use more movement because that's his style. I never considered him a runner.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    I like the animosity. These two want to destroy each other. That's what great fights are made of. Well, we can hope anyway.

My take is that the racist Mayweather fans(and this is not all Mayweather fans) like Spence for two reasons. He's black and he's American. So they wouldn't want him to be talking about anybody running since many knock Mayweather for that as do I but as runners go, he wasn't the worst. I do recall two guys at work the day after the Mayweather-Mosley fight saying that the fight turned into a track meet after two rounds and they were Mayweather fans.

In the end, most people want to see a fight. No matter how brave a guy is or what kind of smack he might talk before the fight, if he's using movement 90% of the time and punching 10% of the time, it looks weak. I think this is usually what is meant by the term "running." It doesn't mean flat out running but it means, "Let's put on a great fight and give the crowd their money's worth." This isn't a Ward fight in Oakland. This will actually have a big crowd looking for action. Give it to them!

I believe they both will bring it, but Brook will use more movement because that's his style. I never considered him a runner.
                    Mayweather stood in front of Mosley most of the fight and was walking him down at points. People think stepping back to avoid a punch is running.
                    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 05-24-2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X