No announcement yet.

Boxing in 1982

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing in 1982

What are your thoughts on this year in boxing. Such a great year with so many great fights.

Arguello vs. Pryor
    Holmes vs. Cooney
    Sanchez vs. Nelson
    Gomez vs Pintor
    Hearns vs. Benitez
    Chacon vs. Limon

Imagine if we got Leonard vs Hagler this year too.

I saw all these fights except. I don't really remember Gomez v pintor.

The Holmes Cooney buildup was disgusting and disgraceful. It was boxing at its worst. Find a big stiff white guy and put him in with an elite athletic boxer. The whole promotion was race related. That garbage almost got Cooney killed.

Arguello v pryor and Snachez v nelson were amazing. Hearns v Benitez was good from what I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I saw all these fights except. I don't really remember Gomez v pintor.

The Holmes Cooney buildup was disgusting and disgraceful. It was boxing at its worst. Find a big stiff white guy and put him in with an elite athletic boxer. The whole promotion was race related. That garbage almost got Cooney killed.

Arguello v pryor and Snachez v nelson were amazing. Hearns v Benitez was good from what I remember.
      Good thing is my friend,that Larry and cooney became friends and done charity together,hahaha i remember watching documentary and first Holmes didnt like cooney and was angry at this fight,but later he noticed that Gerry is just humble dude.But you are right build up was disgusting.

Comment

I remember great fights. After 34 years go by I don't remember what year fights were in. It sounds like 1982 was a very good year for boxing.

Comment

when i was a little kid in the 80s i had this VHS tape with pryor vs arguello that i watched religiously. i'm talking like 4-5 years old lol.

Comment

We would be lucky to have a year like this again.

Comment

Working...
            X