Will Rigo ever get to fight a top guy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
    He needs to move up, he is getting old

Rigo is already small for his weight class, hell, the guy could probably drop down.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      Well he had a chance to fight Lomachenko and he turned that down... First he said it was the weight, then it was the rehydration clause, then he wasn't happy with the money, now he's saying he'll fight him at 124 after Lomachenko had committed to 130. The excuses are endless.
      Like when Golovkin refused to fight Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Rigo is already small for his weight class, hell, the guy could probably drop down.
        I would like to see him move up and down as the fights dictate.

Comment

Real fighters move UP not Down..CHALLENGE YOURSELF

Comment

Nobody is paying to see him fight so no fighter will be willing to face him.

Comment

I disagree, if he says "I'll fight anyone from 118 to 126" and backs it up he'll triple his options and we can point to that as proof he wanted it.

Comment

Rigo is probably older than his age on record, and he's already small for the weight class at an advanced age, do you not get that? Guess Hagler wasn't great for staying at 160 according to you. Floyd moved down after his fights at 154, not great either I guess.

Comment

Rigo is probably older than his age on record, and he's already small for the weight class at an advanced age, do you not get that? Guess Hagler wasn't great for staying at 160 according to you. Floyd moved down after his fights at 154, not great either I guess.
                  What a weird post....all i am saying is he is fighting terrible fights, if he cant get good fights then MOVE UP!!!!Lomo wants to fight him and that would be a great fight

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                    Like when Golovkin refused to fight Ward.
                    Golovkin is at least willing to sacrifice. Rigo hasn't shown that.

Here's what Rigo wants for a Loma fight: He wants a 124 CW, with a 10 lb rehydration clause and $1M (Or 50/50 split). Someone in his position, with no network backing, can not make those types of demands.

Now what I find particularly funny about this whole situation is that 4 months ago or so, he came out and said he would move up to 126 to fight Leo Santa Cruz. Yet he wanted 124 for Lomachenko?

This hypocrisy cannot stand.

Comment

Chococalito Gonzalez vs Rigondeaux at a catchweight of 120 in Miami. A bunch of Cuban and Nicaraguans in South Florida it would be a great fight of 2 P4P's.

Doubt it will happen since HBO is on a "family dollar" budget

Comment

Working...
                      X