Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs. Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sure ask papa haymon for permission doe.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      The boxing world is ridiculous sometimes. Why the bloody hell should Golovkin go look for Lara?

If Lara wants the fight it's real easy to accomplish. Move up to MW and beat a few guys. That's how Golovkin got mandatory status vs. Canelo. He worked for it. He escaped his Universum contract, moved to another country for the 3rd time and beat people in order to advance his career. Lara hasn't done ****. He's rematching a SWW.

All Lara has done (or as most people believe, it's his manager and not him), is throw insults on social media while telling Golovkin's manager to call him. That's not how the world works. The challenger goes looking for the champion, not the other way around.

If Lara wants Golovkin then do something about it instead of running his mouth like a little b1tch. End of damn story.
      Nobody is saying "GGG Must Fight Lara" but tell me this, what better options does he have at this point? If A Quality Fighter is calling you out and your resume is really not that great an use could certain use a quality name like Lara on your resume, WHY WOULDN'T he wan't to add Lara to his resume who is the BEST at 154 right now

You can't have it both ways boxing fans. You want to label someone great but yet you don't care if that person actually proves his greatness. If fact you would rather the fighter play it safe and maintain the image instead of risking it all vs better competition and actually PROVING IT!

Lara> Anybody that GGG has beaten so far! ENOUGH SAID!

Comment

I've been saying this for probably a year now - Lara vs Golovkin makes sense. Golovkin is desperately in need of a worthy opponent and Lara (at least on paper) provides that challenge, with one caveat. Depending on how good Lara looks tomorrow against Vanes; he has to win and look good doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          haha you give this forum WAYYYYY too much credit lol
          I know it is a lot of complete IDIOTS on this forum but a Middleweight fighting a Light Middleweight is not a big deal at all if fact it is the way it should be when both are considered the best in their Division!

Is that not what Hagler and Hearns did? One of the greatest fights in boxing HISTORY was the best Light Middleweight in the world coming up to fight the best Middleweight in the world that is how it should be if you're going to look down to grab a quality opponent that is lighter and not 2 or 3 Weight Classes down vs Guys like Josesito Lopez and Amir Khan

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Nobody is saying "GGG Must Fight Lara" but tell me this, what better options does he have at this point? If A Quality Fighter is calling you out and your resume is really not that great an use could certain use a quality name like Lara on your resume, WHY WOULDN'T he wan't to add Lara to his resume who is the BEST at 154 right now

You can't have it both ways boxing fans. You want to label someone great but yet you don't care if that person actually proves his greatness. If fact you would rather the fighter play it safe and maintain the image instead of risking it all vs better competition and actually PROVING IT!

Lara> Anybody that GGG has beaten so far! ENOUGH SAID!
            You're vastly, vastly overrating Lara. If Golovkin beats him, the NSB trolls will cry out "Lara's as small as Floyd and half as skillful. Quit picking on fighters from lower weight classes".
            Plus, Lara is not > anyone GGG has beaten. Both Murray and Lemieux would beat Lara.

And I'm doing exact opposite from what you're saying in bold. I said that I'd rather see Golovkin fight Ramirez or DeGale/Jack winner instead of Lara. If you somehow think that Lara is a bigger challenge than either of those 3, then that's your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              You're vastly, vastly overrating Lara. If Golovkin beats him, the NSB trolls will cry out "Lara's as small as Floyd and half as skillful. Quit picking on fighters from lower weight classes".
              Plus, Lara is not > anyone GGG has beaten. Both Murray and Lemieux would beat Lara.

And I'm doing exact opposite from what you're saying in bold. I said that I'd rather see Golovkin fight Ramirez or DeGale/Jack winner instead of Lara. If you somehow think that Lara is a bigger challenge than either of those 3, then that's your opinion.
              OK you're CLUELESS!

Comment

Every good fighter has goals they are trying to achieve. GGG's goal as his team has clearly said many times is to win all the belts and be the completely undisputed middleweight champion of the world. Knocking Lara out does nothing to further his goals. Lara isn't a big money fight either. Lara mostly ran from Canelo so he would run even more in a fight with GGG. It would be a dull fight until GGG ended it with a KO. Lara has been crying for a fight with GGG for at least two years now but no promoter has ever made GGG a cash offer to fight Lara that I am aware of. That is always step one for any boxer who is really seriously wanting to fight another boxer. In all this time Lara has been calling out GGG he has never once called out Jacobs or Saunders. Why in the fuc not? Why only call out GGG? If Lara beat either of the other middleweight champs he would certainly get a fight with GGG. GGG would then have a reason to fight him. Lara isn't even in GGG's class as a fighter. Lara lost to Williams and drew with Molina and Vanes. Lara was knocked down twice by slow, plodding mediocre Angulo. GGG has never lost a fight or been hurt or knocked down and he seldom loses even a single round. GGG would easily slaughter these guys who gave Lara so much trouble. Lara would just be another GGG KO victim but right now GGG has no logical reason to fight Lara.

Comment

for the life of me I'll never understand why Lara is rated so highly by some on this forum. I mean, we are talking about a fighter who fought to draws with both Martirosyan and Carlos Molina.

Say that out loud a few times and let it sink in.

And THIS is the guy you think will give GGG problems??? LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    for the life of me I'll never understand why Lara is rated so highly by some on this forum. I mean, we are talking about a fighter who fought to draws with both Martirosyan and Carlos Molina.

Say that out loud a few times and let it sink in.

And THIS is the guy you think will give GGG problems??? LMAO
                    His best win to date is vs a guy who was stopped by Marco Antonio Rubio and outboxed by a Journeyman Joachim Alcine

Bring it down a bit GGG supporters, you guys are reaching a bit trying make it as if Lara is somehow not worthy of a fight with GGG

That is a Terrible Argument, you can say he is going to ask for too much money to but to make the argument that somehow he is not "Good Enough" only makes you and others look BAD! If you know he can destroy Lara why wouldn't you want him to shut Lara up once and for all
                    Last edited by sicko; 05-20-2016, 12:52 PM.

Comment

How and when did lara become this big name?

Comment

Working...
                      X