Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime for Prime, how would a Margarito vs Angulo fight turn out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime for Prime, how would a Margarito vs Angulo fight turn out?

I think it would be an all time great classic, barn burn, phone booth warfare.

This would be one of those brutal fights for real, both guys would not stop and try to impose their will on each other.

Just a real Brutal slug fest.

I would give it to Margarito though. Because Angulo is like a poor mans Margarito if you thought Margo was slow this guy is like Margo punching under water slow.

A classic indeed. Margarito would have broken him down, he is a better brawler AND has/had legendary stamina (which Angulo lacked). The fight would have had the best first 4 rounds in boxing history though.

Comment

Plaster or no plaster?

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post

Plaster or no plaster?
        I'm PRican and we know Margarito was gonna stop Cotto in the rematch again late if it wasnt for the eye Pac messed up. Cotto wouldnt have even signed a rematch had it not been for that eye.

Comment

Margarito r*pes him at his best with the plaster.......

Comment

Eh.. Without the size advantage he depended on at 147, Marg wasn't all that. He was basically a middleweight who starved himself. Angulo by decision, assuming he wouldn't fold.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Eh.. Without the size advantage he depended on at 147, Marg wasn't all that. He was basically a middleweight who starved himself. Angulo by decision, assuming he wouldn't fold.
              thats my assessment

everytime he fought past 147 he looked like crap....and he was all chin and stamina, rudimentary skills......with that size advantage gone Angulo could possible stop him in a war

Comment

prime for prime I got angulo stopping Margarito, just a more harder puncher.

but to be honest 50/50 fight

Comment

I don't think Margarito would have much trouble beating Angulo. Margarito was better than Angulo in most ways. Angulo was a harder puncher but he couldn't come close to matching Margarito's incredible work rate that often went well over 100 good punches a round. Neither of them could be called a skilled boxer or a defensive wizard but Margarito was the better boxer of the two and had more all around speed. Margarito took a punch better as well. Margarito was a world champion and I don't remember Angulo ever winning a world title.

Comment

Brain damage.

Comment

Working...
                    X