Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Santa Cruz vs Frampton is on...Who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Santa Cruz vs Frampton is on...Who you got?

It looks like this fight is on late summer according to reports. This is a great fight - leaning 60-40 towards Santa Cruz but this is guaranteed excitement and high contact. Two of my fav current fighters to watch.

I personally think Frampton will be better and more dangerous than Mares at 126. He is a better puncher and smarter, Mares is one of those fighters with loads of talent, probably more natural talent than Frampton, but doesn't have a clue how to use it (maybe harsh), doesn't have a great boxing brain to me. Plus he hadn't seemed to have recovered from his knockout loss, although he looked back against Santa Cruz somewhat even in defeat.

I expect Santa Cruz to bring it, and I give him the edge with his length and activity proving the difference, but Frampton doesn't strike me as the type of guy to roll over.
    Frampton
    39.06%
    Santa Cruz
    60.94%
    Last edited by sunny31; 03-11-2016, 06:12 PM.

I'll never forget Frampton getting floored twice in his American debut by a nobody. I wasn't impressed with him against Quigg.

Comment

Leo wins by KO in five rounds. Any one betting?

Comment

Santa Cruz is too strong for him imo frampton will be under too much pressure and will crumble eventually

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          Leo is going to win but not by KO. Once he starts unloading Frampton is going to freeze up and Leo is going to rack up points.

Comment

LSC throws more punches per round than Frampton did the entire fight with Quigg, but Frampton is good on the back foot and will catch LSC with clean shots coming in. I think LSC will break him down over rounds tho and get a late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by LSKennedy View Post
              I'll never forget Frampton getting floored twice in his American debut by a nobody. I wasn't impressed with him against Quigg.
              Better fighters than Frampton have been dropped against modest competition. He got the W and won every other round that is the important thing, and Quigg is a tough guy to fight to be honest, good defence and a big puncher, not an easy combination to tackle.

I think this is a much better clash of styles and will bring the best from both guys. Santa Cruz lets his hands fly and Frampton can fight and box with more freedom as Leo doesn't carry same type of KO power as Quigg, I think it has the potential to be the fight of the year. I think Frampton has too small a frame for some of the guys at featherweight (i.e. Walters and Lomachenko), but I don't think Santa Cruz is one of them, although the height and reach could be a deciding factor.

Comment

Have to go with Leo.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyKnuckles View Post
                  LSC throws more punches per round than Frampton did the entire fight with Quigg, but Frampton is good on the back foot and will catch LSC with clean shots coming in. I think LSC will break him down over rounds tho and get a late stoppage.
                  This is what I am thinking, but Frampton might have better stamina and strength at 126 not having to squeeze down. I think it is a really interesting fight where there are some unknowns with both guys and their ultimate level. These are the types of fights to get excited for.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    I would be really surprised if that happens, Frampton isn't a powder puff. He is the real deal as far as world champions go and Santa Cruz is a pretty good puncher but not murderous. I like Leo in the fight but after a topsy turvy first half of the fight.

The trend of the fight will be decided in the first couple of rounds, who has the edge at distance? Can Santa Cruz walk through Frampton's shots? Can Frampton box and move effectively? If not will Leo start grinding him down? I think the last part is what a lot of people expect to happen, but time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                    X