Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which HW belt-holders would you pick Corrie Sanders over?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which HW belt-holders would you pick Corrie Sanders over?

It's a pretty popular opinion that he could have done more in boxing if he'd been more serious. He was a good athlete who was blessed with hand speed and power.

He has a small amount of fights against top opposition to judge. He destroyed the most accomplished post-Lewis era HW inside of 2 rounds. Excellent win.

Watching him get taken out by one punch against Nate Tubbs and dropped 2x and stopped by Rahman, you wouldn't think he would take the punishment he did against Vitali and stay on his feet. Especially given his apparent lack of conditioning.

But he showed a real good chin there, and also landed some nice shots in round 1 and 3. The left hand that stunned Vitali in round 1 was so short and it did damage.

Besides Wlad, I don't think he does well against some of the better HW champs in history. But how does he do against Haye? Ruiz? RJJ? Rahman?

R.I.P., I hope they caught his killers and they suffer greatly

The economic powers of the day severely sanctioned and cut off South Africa while Sanders was coming up and I recall reading how that was related to his sporadic training, poor defense, street fighter-ish style.

For a guy who fought like that to make it to the level he did does suggest he could have been a "third Klitschko" in the picture had he been trained properly.

Very sad about his death but I wonder why he had even stayed in the country that long.

Comment

vitali wasn't a hard puncher at all

Comment

Working...
      X