No announcement yet.

Everybody is talking about Austin Trout could get robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Well golden boy sure were powerful enough to force feed the public canelo's bogus title shot & all but 1 of his defenses were garbage. His star is flying high & the anticipation for him & Floyd is there. Think Oscar/B-Hop/Sturm.
    And De La Hoya was more popular than Trinidad, better known, had sold a significant amount more PPV's.

Guess what? That didn't matter because Trinidad had Don King.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Like his position? He is fighter's managers, negotiating with the network along with promoters for deals. He has so much influence because if you turn down one of his fights, he can go to the other network with his bigger names.
      thanks bro, thats what i wanted to know.

Comment

That's a damn good point. Never really thought of it tbh.

Comment

Good points. For fighting in his opponent's backyards so much, Trout has never got shafted on the scorecards. Coincidence? Haymon's influence is hard to ignore, but Canelo's sheer popularity is no different than Chavez Jr.'s and he got loss he deserved against Martinez. I think the right guy will get the win.
          LOL. There was no possible angle you could use to rob Martinez that night. Literally no way of robbing him that night, without getting your judges license revoked.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            And De La Hoya was more popular than Trinidad, better known, had sold a significant amount more PPV's.

Guess what? That didn't matter because Trinidad had Don King.
            That is a good point though. I even remember during the Tito/Vargas fight, Foreman was saying Don King was talking to one of the commissioners.

"Any time a promoter talks to a commissioner, something shady's going on. A promoter should never talk to a commissioner."

Don King had crazy juice back then.

Comment

Now that I think about it, you could be right.

But at the same time, Trout is absolutely no Trinidad in terms of fan base, and legions of die hard Puerto Rican devotees.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                LOL. There was no possible angle you could use to rob Martinez that night. Literally no way of robbing him that night, without getting your judges license revoked.
                How did they score Pacquiao-Bradley again? It's wrong, but it does happen. They can rob you regardless of how clear you won.

Comment

Robberies are completely unpredictable. For example, Bradley over Pacquiao.

So maybe Alvarez ends up getting robbed. I've seen crazier things happen.

Comment

How did they score Pacquiao-Bradley again? It's wrong, but it does happen. They can rob you regardless of how clear you won.
                    Dude. If you're crafty enough, you could have went with so many different angles for the Pac/Bradley fight.

There was literally no way in Hell, you were going to rob Martinez that night, and get away with it.

Besides, Sergio's represented by Dibella. You think Dibella has juice like that?

LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Robberies are completely unpredictable. For example, Bradley over Pacquiao.

So maybe Alvarez ends up getting robbed. I've seen crazier things happen.
                      If the fights close and Trout wins then they will say Alvarez was robbed.

Comment

Working...
                      X